Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Lag problem *NEED HELP!!!!*

For all bug reports and game-related issues

Lag problem *NEED HELP!!!!*

Postby Sprunk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:49 am

Hey guys,

I play ace of spades on a laptop, im not completely shure about the graphics card, im pretty shure its an AMD, but i've been having problems with lag issues, i can tell the lag out easily because when i move the gun sway is very skippy, and its just flat out laggy, our laptap has at least 150GB of free space, its been used for about a half a year, and it can run demanding games such as TF2, HL2, and minecraft without a problem (So long as i have low settings on TF2)
But im just stumped at seeing my computer lag over a little game like AoS,

SOMEONE! Please help me get rid of the lag! I cant play with it! EDIT: Yes, i am using AMD video driver(s)
Sprunk

Re: Lag problem *NEED HELP!!!!*

Postby PXYC » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Do you have a switchable graphics card, so you can switch to a lower-performance card when you don't need a higher one? Try running AoS on that lower performance card. Ace of Spades doesn't even use your graphics card for rendering, it uses other hardware. Ace of Spades lags a lot on resolutions higher than 800x600 for some reason, that'll be fixed when 1.0 comes out hopefully. (End of the summer is the rumor)

Try some of these suggestions as well: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12652&start=15#p173538

Also:
<@bcoolface> yeah, should run much faster on XP now too, with a rewritten fontengine
bcoolface is the main game developer for the Voxlap version. Are you running XP by any chance?

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby Sprunk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Sorry for the lack of information, it was late at night and was tired, but my GPU is a AMD Radeon 6320, im not shure if its switchable, you probably know way more about it than me, and no, i dont run XP, its Windows 7 with Aero extensions disabled, and im going to look at the suggestions on the link right now!, im hoping its my resolution though, just found out this laptops display mode is 1336x768, 60Hz and its 32-bit, and im running my resoultion at 800x600 on windowed mode, it helps, but dosnt fix it.

I read through the entire thread of "Need to increase my FPS" i think it was, and i tried everything that apllied to me.
Last edited by Sprunk on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sprunk

Postby Sprunk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:37 pm

I just searched it up though, the AMD radeon hd 6320, my GPU actually is really weak, but the thing is, im running HL2 on low-medium settings JUST fine, i run minecraft, TF2, garrys mod, and Day of defeat JUST fine, but its having trouble with AoS?
Sprunk

Postby Sprunk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 am

I tried everything in the post, using my native screen resolution, everything, it still lags, the only get-around is to run it in 800x600 resolution in windowed and then fullscreen it, i dont want to play in windowed and when i do fullscreen it i get a really strecthed out image! please help!

And i was is it possible for my AMD radeon 6320 to switch to a lower performance like you said, is it possible for that GPU to do that?
Sprunk

Postby CommanderCody » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:56 am

You triple posted :/

By the sounds of it its either you need to get ur computer closer to your router, or chose another server that isnt on the other side of the world, even if it isnt your fault, someone else will prop have higher ping and then you get lag spikes, trust me, chose a server closer to your home country.

Or chose a reliable server that has a good connection eg. Minit, Aloha, Shams.

There you go, all you need to do it chose a server closer to ur country and everything will be NORMAL.

(Yes lag is normal)
| Join {AGAN} Today | IGN-AGANComandrCody | I Am a Combine |
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Return to Game help