Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Peculiar problem with crouching....

For all bug reports and game-related issues

Peculiar problem with crouching....

Postby Suhler » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:58 pm

New bug that wasn't a problem in .70, but I don't know why it changed in .75. When you spam ctrl to crouch, the model glitches and sends people half a block down upon standing. It immediately pops them back up to the normal level, but there is a quarter-second that you can't hit the person from directly in front of defenses. It only happens during spamming, and only on the standing up portion of crouching. It looks normal when you aren't spamming, but you end up half a block down while spamming, and unfortunately it also means that people can get kills with almost immunity from death. There wasn't a problem with it in .70, so I don't know what changed in the rendering and positioning of people.

<pyspades> <USABxSUHLER> the website is experiencing some problems....
<pyspades> <USABxSUHLER> like my spelling
<+buttbot> .USABxSUHLER: like my butt
Suhler
[USAB] Member

Re: Peculiar problem with crouching....

Postby Moonkey » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Yup, it's easily abusable, the person who is spamming crouch can kill you in a matter of time. They're technically invincible unless you get rid of the wall infront of them. O.o I noticed this glitch when it FIRST came out. It happens when walking around on a hill, the server miss-places the players model and you can't shoot them correctly. To me, 0.75 was a failure, NOW WE NEED 0.76 WITH ALL DEM' BUG FIXES.
Space Inspader
Moonkey

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:45 am

Moonkey wrote:Yup, it's easily abusable, the person who is spamming crouch can kill you in a matter of time. They're technically invincible unless you get rid of the wall infront of them. O.o I noticed this glitch when it FIRST came out. It happens when walking around on a hill, the server miss-places the players model and you can't shoot them correctly. To me, 0.75 was a failure, NOW WE NEED 0.76 WITH ALL DEM' BUG FIXES.

If it was a Voxlap issue....
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Suhler » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:11 am

just a bump
still a consistent problem

<pyspades> <USABxSUHLER> the website is experiencing some problems....
<pyspades> <USABxSUHLER> like my spelling
<+buttbot> .USABxSUHLER: like my butt
Suhler
[USAB] Member

Return to Game help