Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

An rpg(not an suggestion)

For all things AoS!

Re: An rpg(not an suggestion)

Postby tunaspirit » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:07 am

Griefing with an RPG will make you TK'able, unlike grenades. And griefing with an RPG seems cooler, so....
Or just take away the grenade slot if you wield an RPG
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby CptTouko » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am

I really hope it's going to be a kill streak reward for like 6-10 kills. That would possibly solve the RPG griefer problem and it wouldn't be too common.

If it's just going to be another weapon class then it's going to be really bad. Imagine joining a game and all you hear is *SWOOOSH! BOOM!* every 7 seconds. You couldn't build anything without it blowing up.

Btw, first post...Hi
CptTouko

Postby Chameleon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:45 pm

AoS will cost money? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
i was looking for great free game...
[EDIT]
Reasons: I'm under 18, so no credit card, PayPal;
If my parents see me playing, they'll just delete the game;
Lack o' money - 'nuff said
Last edited by Chameleon on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my mods: http://www.ace-spades.com/forums/viewto ... =71&t=9078
M16, UMP45, SR8(sniper).
Chameleon

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:06 pm

CptTouko wrote:I really hope it's going to be a kill streak reward for like 6-10 kills. That would possibly solve the RPG griefer problem and it wouldn't be too common.

If it's just going to be another weapon class then it's going to be really bad. Imagine joining a game and all you hear is *SWOOOSH! BOOM!* every 7 seconds. You couldn't build anything without it blowing up.

Btw, first post...Hi

And killstreak would be even worse. You want to make the already good players even better, completely raping noobs. Not cool bro.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby mcsixto95 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:15 pm

If AoS is going to have a price, will it be for new players or will old players also have to pay? Cause that would suck.
Also, the RPG should be much straighter then the grenade but with a slight falloff
mcsixto95
Komrade Member

Postby CptTouko » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
CptTouko wrote:I really hope it's going to be a kill streak reward for like 6-10 kills. That would possibly solve the RPG griefer problem and it wouldn't be too common.

Btw, first post...Hi

And killstreak would be even worse. You want to make the already good players even better, completely raping noobs. Not cool bro.

Already good players even better? No that is not what it would do. It wouldn't make them invincible or anything it would only give the good players a chance to help out their team. You still would be pretty easy target with that RPG and since it would be slow to reload you wouldn't manage against a guy with a SMG or with any weapon.

Besides 2-3 shots isn't much as far as killing people but would definitely help against a big enemy fortress. If you would just give this to everyone then THAT would be the worst. Not only the good people would get them but also the noobs and the griefers.

Besides RPG isn't the best weapon against RPG so if everyone would get them it wouldn't make it easier to kill other RPG users. It would only cause chaos. Like I said a guy with a SMG could take out a guy with an RPG just as easily as any they could take out any other guy.
CptTouko

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 pm

CptTouko wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:

Btw, first post...Hi

Already good players even better? No that is not what it would do. It wouldn't make them invincible or anything it would only give the good players a chance to help out their team. You still would be pretty easy target with that RPG and since it would be slow to reload you wouldn't manage against a guy with a SMG or with any weapon.

Besides 2-3 shots isn't much as far as killing people but would definitely help against a big enemy fortress. If you would just give this to everyone then THAT would be the worst. Not only the good people would get them but also the noobs and the griefers.

Besides RPG isn't the best weapon against RPG so if everyone would get them it wouldn't make it easier to kill other RPG users. It would only cause chaos. Like I said a guy with a SMG could take out a guy with an RPG just as easily as any they could take out any other guy.

Except that the good players wouldn't help the team for shit.

Read this:
ChaosTLW wrote:Actually, it would be kinda hard to grief with it. A much more effective way to grief is already on the griefers' hands, the SMG. You will get many more blocks destroyed faster and more efficiently with the SMG than with a RPG. The RPG is a one shot per reload weapon, so it will be really slow, and it will open a ball into walls, instead of the sirurgical cutting the SMG has. Bad thing for griefing friendly structures, much more suitable for blowing up holes in the enemy walls.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:56 pm

YESS! NOW I CAN MAKE P.I.A.Ts! YEEEEAAAHH!
Winston
[C.H] Leader

Postby Galaxy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Are there any videos of the RPG in action?
cibo wrote:They can AFK whole game even no any died point.
Galaxy

Postby xyz » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:32 pm

I hope for the 1.0 version that not everyone will have to pay, like maybe the auto update could update it in, so only those already playing could get it for free, or maybe people with forum accounts will get it for free. :)
Hopefully...
Otherwise I guess I will have to quit AoS.
__ ______________________
\ \@([______]_____________)
_ ^|---[_______]
/ / (( )
/______|’----
\_____/
xyz

Postby beastydool1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah same with me, I cant pay for AOS, I hope already existing users can play for free.

**Edit**

Also if you must pay for it that means downfall in population of AOS by a drastic amount.
"What am I trying to accomplish, you ask...? I want to change the dress code so that all women in the military... ...must wear mini-skirts!!
beastydool1

Postby Rydogger » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:58 am

xyz wrote:I hope for the 1.0 version that not everyone will have to pay, like maybe the auto update could update it in, so only those already playing could get it for free, or maybe people with forum accounts will get it for free. :)
Hopefully...
Otherwise I guess I will have to quit AoS.

If he makes the 1.0 update paid only, he should make it something easy on the wallet.

I say $5 to $10, but I doubt he would do that with the game only being out for a year. And it should be a 1 time payment for each account
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Postby ZaPhobos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:08 am

beastydool1 wrote:Yeah same with me, I cant pay for AOS, I hope already existing users can play for free.

**Edit**

Also if you must pay for it that means downfall in population of AOS by a drastic amount.

Divide the amount of players by half, then take away 64. There, that's our players who pay.

Saw a screenshot for the RPGS update in the news. Forth weapon class. Swoosh boom it is.

I also talked to mat^2 once. Said it will have 5 reload ammo, so you would have to come back to your tent rather often. Also extreme drop off and nice accuracy. Also said you can "use it like a mortar if your 1337." Congratz guys, you has info.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Galaxy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 am

I like that last bit about using it as a mortar. You can just sit in the back of the map near your tent blasting off rounds while a teammate out front acts as a spotter. It would obviously take a bit of time to get the accuracy down (and if it's a teamwork-less server, then you're screwed), but it still fills both roles as a mortar/RPG, which is fine with me.
cibo wrote:They can AFK whole game even no any died point.
Galaxy

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:08 am

Welp... Blocky leaf sights, here we go!
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion