Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

An rpg(not an suggestion)

For all things AoS!

Re: An rpg(not an suggestion)

Postby AEM » Mon May 21, 2012 8:06 pm

^^^^+1

Yes, I think it does give tactical advantages and I also think that there should be door machine guns and machine guns for the pilot of copilot to go against another heli. We could make it an option like airstrikes and squads.

Something like this one, used in Vietnam War (transport w/ door guns):

Link:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_UH-1_Iroquois
AEM

Postby Articsledder » Mon May 21, 2012 8:58 pm

AEM wrote:^^^^+1

Yes, I think it does give tactical advantages and I also think that there should be door machine guns and machine guns for the pilot of copilot to go against another heli. We could make it an option like airstrikes and squads.

Link:

The thing is the pilot should have no control over guns, if they do then we will probably see a lot of helicopters with 1 person only in them. So just the door guns, no actual pilot controlled gun.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby AEM » Tue May 22, 2012 12:49 am

Kinda what I posted. If someone can design this type I think it would be the best type of heli. The one on YouTube (blue heli) seems more like a small 5 passanger civil heli than a military heli.
AEM

Postby Articsledder » Tue May 22, 2012 12:54 am

AEM wrote:Kinda what I posted. If someone can design this type I think it would be the best type of heli. The one on YouTube (blue heli) seems more like a small 5 passanger civil heli than a military heli.

SIMOX has a Huey model, I believe I have a modified version with the doors open somewhere on my desktop, I'll look.

Edit: Found it. The door guns wouldn't really work with the scale, so I didn't bother adding any. They would probably have to be separate entities to rotate anyways.

http://upaoncp.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/huey1.png
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby razourik » Tue May 22, 2012 5:09 am

USABxBOOYO wrote:
AEM wrote:
USABxBOOYO wrote:Once again, Ben has said nothing about the lag problems. Instead, he continues to add features to this broken game. Now, if he makes the game playable again, then he can start adding more things. But if he doesn't fix the current problems, well the RPG won't mean anything because the game will still be laggy as all hell. Really, I'd like to actually play this game for once.

I've been telling everyone this for months now and I agree. But he could have fixed it but not said it.

If he did, that would be nice. Hopefully this is true but something tells me it's not.

He has said on his twitter that he's fixing ping issues.
razourik

Postby tunaspirit » Tue May 22, 2012 6:31 am

Articsledder wrote:
AEM wrote:^^^^+1

Link:

The thing is the pilot should have no control over guns, if they do then we will probably see a lot of helicopters with 1 person only in them. So just the door guns, no actual pilot controlled gun.

How about just turning your heli as a pilot to another heli sideways, have a passenger with a RPG shoot the other heli
???
PROFIT
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby AEM » Tue May 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Articsledder wrote:
AEM wrote:Kinda what I posted. If someone can design this type I think it would be the best type of heli. The one on YouTube (blue heli) seems more like a small 5 passanger civil heli than a military heli.

SIMOX has a Huey model, I believe I have a modified version with the doors open somewhere on my desktop, I'll look.

Edit: Found it. The door guns wouldn't really work with the scale, so I didn't bother adding any. They would probably have to be separate entities to rotate anyways.

http://upaoncp.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/huey1.png

Yes I saw that too a month ago with different variants for representing teams. He makes great mods and that's the model I want over the blue one. He could probably figure a way out in implementing door guns.
AEM

Postby MrHank » Sat May 26, 2012 7:04 am

Is it just me or did the helicopter look way too huge. I think it should match the chibi style of the dueces and made a bit...stumpier.
MrHank

Postby XxsnipahxX » Sun May 27, 2012 2:37 pm

The RPG is going to make me snipe helicopters now :D
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby KomradeKorakoff » Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm

I hope the RPG gets a bullet drop. That'd be intense.
ImageImageImage
IRC link above ^ | <AGANCommanderCody> You really think we want a clan match against you guys, you Aimbotted last time and were GBLed on a canadian server for Hacking. <-- alart guys komrades delicious aimbot
KomradeKorakoff
Komrade Leader

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sun May 27, 2012 11:51 pm

i hope that they put in an attack helicopter, other wise the RPG will be pretty useless. Taking out an ugly blue or green transportation helicopter will do nothing but kill them a few moments earlier and get rid of an eye sore.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Fluttershy » Mon May 28, 2012 4:58 am

ThisFrickinSite wrote:i hope that they put in an attack helicopter, other wise the RPG will be pretty useless. Taking out an ugly blue or green transportation helicopter will do nothing but kill them a few moments earlier and get rid of an eye sore.

So killing multiple people at once and preventing them from getting into your territory isnt useful?
Fluttershy

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am

Fluttershy wrote:So killing multiple people at once and preventing them from getting into your territory isnt useful?

In this world, it seems it isn't
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Postby beastydool1 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:29 am

I just fainted.
"What am I trying to accomplish, you ask...? I want to change the dress code so that all women in the military... ...must wear mini-skirts!!
beastydool1

Postby Paratrooper » Mon May 28, 2012 7:34 am

Grenade launchers would seem more fitting if helicopters (or vehicles, for that matter) won't be added into the game.

Oh well. Nothing of value would be lost if they do implement the RPG with the helicopter.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion