Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

~The Stormwind Infantry~

Home of the AoS Clan scene

~The Stormwind Infantry~

Postby Fleischgeruch » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:56 pm

^ 1337 logo made by Demo

OP has been relocated to page 37, moderated by Potifi.
Alright so here's some history for those who already forgot about Stormwind. Feel free to skip it if you are not interested:
Stormwind Infantry (Sw~'Name', later <SI>'Name' and then Sw@'Name') was founded sometime in last year's november/december by Merlin. Merlin is now known as any of these 4 nicknames: Tofu/Trojan/Vortex/Whoosh. He hasn't been seen in a long time, though. It was actually the first day that I returned to Ace of Spades from my 4-month break from it, that I got invited by Merlin. I was hesitant at first since I have never been in a clan before and the whole thing was new to me. But anyway, thus a clan was started. Under Vortex's leadership over a few months, we managed to attract (seduce) about 10-15 people and got our subsection (with old requirements).
However, soon after that we faced a few problems - Vortex/Merlin, our leader, temporarily quit (we assumed it was permanent) which caused a chain effect causing many of our good players to switch clans or go inactive or otherwise. Our newly appointed leader went inactive soon after that, and we were not getting in any new members due to most of us suddenly being god knows where but not in-game. I myself was a bit too busy (other games) and decided not to step up to become the leader of Sw, and thus, when Vortex returned we decided to shut the clan down as it was not working out at all. And thus lasting about 4-5 months, the clan was terminated.
A handful of us were all that remained of a once promising clan. And we all were rather upset about the whole thing and did not like the thought of moving on (at least I hope we didn't >_<). Realising that letting go of all the memories we had (even though it wasn't that much) would be rather depressing, I decided to revive the clan, in another style.

So anyway, this is Stormwind 2.0. Instead of focusing on expansion, competition that we sadly did not get much of in the past, pressure on being active, this is going to be a social clan for the remnants of Stormwind and any people we think would be a good addition to our small 'crew'.
Reason for making this thread: I was reluctant to make a thread in the infamous Small Clans section. It is the site of most bans/warnings and also renowned for being a gathering for people... that are a little... erm... (you know what I mean). But it became difficult communicating with all the members through PMs since my inbox was getting kind of filled up. I believe this thread will be a good place for any announcements/updates or conversations between clan members. (And please keep this thread tidy.)

Information:
This is a democrat-ish community clan, based more on staying together with fun people rather than being 'MLG pr0 n0o-h@x 1337 a1mp0t420xxx nub!!!!11!11 g1mme picz offah 50z killz n u leedar' or a clan striving for a place in the AoS history. By democratic, I mean each of us has a say in what the clan's next move is. There is, however, a de facto (commonly believed to be, by the public) leader who guides the clan onto progress and is responsible for final decisions. Note that each of us is free to propose suggestions on improving the clan somehow or just about on anything that needs attention. And no, I'm not trying to copy <@>! >_>

You'll be pleased (I guess) to hear that recruitment is currently ACTIVE. So please, apply if you wish. The current recruitment is still experimental and may change over time, see below to find it. (If you are an ex-member of the original Sw, the place is as good as yours, unless you are that guy that I used to hate when we were teammates)

Alright, the reading part is over, you can relax.

Attention! Recruitment has been lifted back up again, and we are taking in new members. However, don't expect to wind right up alongside us straight after applying. We are quite selective as to who may join, although if you're a decent person, decent player, and have a good background, you have nothing to fear. Intelligence is a big plus as well. All Stormwind members have a say in whether an applicant deserves to join or stay in Sw. And here's how it's gonna go down:
This is an experimental procedure I thought of back in the dying days of the original Stormwind. It's called the Trial, and involves ONE week, and certain requirements an applicant must meet during the week. Here's a few points:
1) Post a 1337 pictuer of u haeving 500 killz and a video showeng u doin a n0sc0pez360 hedshot. It has to be supprising, funny, and intimidating.
Ok that was a joke
1) Fill out THIS application form:
Code: Select all
[b]IGN[/b]-
[b]Timezone in GMT or CET units[/b]-
[b]Age (optional)-[/b]

2) Every applicant is accepted under the TEMPORARY Sw member. Unless there are no problems with that (there shouldn't be), go on to step 3
3) You will have ONE week from your application day to post up a RECENT picture, not of 800 years ago, of YOU having 200 kills (not score) and a ratio above 1 (this data may change according to our tastes), on this thread. Do /ratio ingame to see that, and PrtSc while holding tab. Then onto image hosting sites like imgur or tinypic, and url the link here.
4) The Stormwind members and leader(s) will regard your application, your picture, and you, over the week, and will play alongside you in-game a few times to see your playing styles, strengths and weaknesses. They will also see what kind of a person you are.
5) Note that the trial will last 1 week regardless of when you put up the kills-ratio picture.
6) Should you successfully pass all the tests and requirements, you will become a PERMANENT Sw member. Note that trust is not easily gained, so please do not expect a co-leadership or anything like that on your first day. Fit into the group, keep playing with us, and eventually you too will have a voice in the clan's decisions.

Please note that we do not accept:
-Clan hoppers and multiclanners
-Hackers of any sort
-Full-time professional griefers
-Bronies (lol jk. Or is it...)

Here goes the list:

Current permanent members:
-Fleischgeruch (a.k.a. Fleischy), (O)
-Potifi, (O)
-PertevGap, (O)
-xXSlimeXx, (O)
-cow (a.k.a. ChuckNorris), (O)
-Atlan@Ger (a.k.a. XxXAtlanXxX),
-thedoctor1212, (O)
-Ch1ll4x333,
-Jump.
-FangedBeast,
-DustDevil.
Current temporary members:
Noone :(

Alliances, Friendships, and Enemies.
Although we (well, more of I personally) see no point in clan alliances and wars, since they generally do not work out in AoS like normal alliances and wars are supposed to, and many small clans end up misusing this idea to make it absolutely useless and a waste of time. Thus we may be reluctant to add any new alliances, enemies, etc.
Current Diplomacy List:
Enemies: none. <3
Alliances: none.
Friendships: 1. A part of the LDR Friendship Divison.
[FF] roster: kmaj, PABH, Shojump and Kodiak (Komrades)
Sw roster: Fleischy, ChuckNorris, Demonarion and Ch1ll4x333
Sw roster: Fleischy, potifi, FangedBeast and Dustdevil (occasional substitutions)
Last edited by Fleischgeruch on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Attention - User no longer active.
Supprising. Funny. Intidimating.
<+Enari> well, i've slept with 29 yearold that looks yunger
Fleischgeruch

Re: Stormwind~The Return~Restricted Entry

Postby Fleischgeruch » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:57 pm

The Awesome Timeline...

This post will be used to be edited in the future to account for any matches, announcements, important notes, etc.
[After the Rebirth of Stormwind, sometime in May] Our IRC Channel: #Stormwind. Feel free to stop by and chat, plan any events. If there's noone there (and there sometimes isn't), idle and wait until someone comes on.
[around the same time as ^] Cow (chucknorris) now temporarily hosts the 1337 Stormwind Server! Come around if you're interested, we keep the guests pretty entertained. By that I mean totally abuse admin powers.
Find it on the server list.
Last edited by Fleischgeruch on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Fleischgeruch

Postby mikuli » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Just so you know, the old Sw section is mothballed and stored away in a box completely intact. As the clan was shut down very recently and apparently against the wishes of the remaining members, who would like to continue, I am willing to make an exception and dig it up.

Your call. The option will remain open indefinitely, so just hit me up with a PM whenever you change your mind.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby demo123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Fleisch just so you know you can delete the unnecessary pms in your inbox. I see that you have spent alot of time in writing the history of SW. Well atleast the clan is still alive.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby Fleischgeruch » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:40 pm

demo123 wrote:Fleisch just so you know you can delete the unnecessary pms in your inbox. I see that you have spent alot of time in writing the history of SW. Well atleast the clan is still alive.

Actually I didn't spend that much time, I tried to keep it as brief as possible :P.
As for the PMs, I prefer to keep everything stored (I hate deleting stuff) so when I get filled I'll just copy pasta them somewhere on my pc. And yes, the clan is very much alive even if tiny.
Oh and nice avatar. (regarding the red markings)

@mikuli: well personally I believe we should stay a small clan for now - we are not recruiting intensively, organising any matches at present, or making a wide range of mods. Plus we'll probably tend to take it slowly, just posting here once in a while. A big section would probably end us up like last time - inactive.
That's just my opinion so if the other guys disagree with me, i'll PM you.
And thanks for the offer!
Fleischgeruch

Postby demo123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Fleischgeruch wrote:Oh and nice avatar. (regarding the red markings)

Thx. It was a pain in the ass to make it. That is my Miniclip avatar. I just added the letters. Plus the "right click, save picture as" doesnt work on Miniclip so i had to use the other means of capturing a picture. Then edited it in Photoshop. I could make you one if you want. Just ask me how you would like your guy or gall to look like.

Fleischgeruch wrote:or making a wide range of mods

I can make mods since i am making mods in this game.
Example:http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5208&p=55292&hilit=m82#p55292
(that is my best mod by far but i dont advise to be used since it caused crashes some times)
Plus i have 2 mod packs ready.One is organized 2nd one isnt that organized.
And heres a mod pack that i have released. My almighty R.I.P rifle pack
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby Fleischgeruch » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Nice. In the future you could edit that post ^ in order to have a full library of the mods you have. I'm not a fan of mods/scopes, I tend to stick with the defaults but I'm sure someone else can evaluate them.
Fleischgeruch

Postby demo123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Fleishc if you dont want to duble post you can PM me what you wanted to post so i will post it.
This is only in those times when you dont want to duble post.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby demo123 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Sorry for duble posting but are we still a clan that is based on heavy tactics.
Plus i saw Potifi in game and he was doin well

OH and Bump.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby xXSlimeXx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 pm

As Fleisch said

Fleischgeruch wrote:This is a democratic community clan, based more on staying together with fun people rather than being 'MLG pr0 n0o-h@x 1337 a1mp0t nub!!!!11!11 g1mme picz offah 50z killz n u leedar' or a clan striving for a place in the AoS history.

But we might be able to do some clan matches. I hope

^ Thanks Demo for the smexxi sig :)
xXSlimeXx

Postby demo123 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 pm

xXSlimeXx wrote:As Fleisch said

Fleischgeruch wrote:This is a democratic community clan, based more on staying together with fun people rather than being 'MLG pr0 n0o-h@x 1337 a1mp0t nub!!!!11!11 g1mme picz offah 50z killz n u leedar' or a clan striving for a place in the AoS history.

Yeah yeah i know. I read the whole thing a few times. Even touhg we are a "democratic" community clan i was just asking are we going to use heavy tactics in game.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby Fleischgeruch » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Alright so well what I think one problem with the old clan is that we were always under pressure to use 'tactics' and 'good communication' via a VOIP program eg teamspeak, mumble, etc. And that's totally cool, it is thanks to things such as that by which a team can dominate any battle. However, as Slime said, this is as what I'd like to call a community clan, not focused on having players that are MLG baws legends.
So the basic answer is: when just playing normally, you can do whatever you like whatsoever. As long as there are no hax (I'm not implying anything by that though). Feel free to use any tactics, explore new techniques, train, you name it. The point is, there are no longer any strict requirements other than the old 'please check the forums once in a while' thing.
As for clan matches, we only have a few members (5 Sw remnants) and I therefore believe we are sortof unfit to have clan matches. Furthermore I did not have the idea at the beginning when reforming the clan that we would ever go into the clan matches stage. But seeing as you guys are motivated to have some competition, maybe I'll think of a 2v2 with a clan. Even though I would not regard a 2v2 as a clan match - more like a duet battle.

OH and demo, no need to bump. We aren't really striving to be on top of the forum page since this is just our meeting grounds, plus we are not taking in members actively. Thanks anyway though!
Fleischgeruch

Postby demo123 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:01 pm

So any new updates comming out.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby Fleischgeruch » Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Well I was thinking of making an IRC channel, entitled #Stormwind / #Sw or #aos.sw
But I never seem to find the time for that. Also I'm a bit new to IRC commands and stuff, so I'm not sure if it will work out in the end. Plus since we have only a few people who don't visit the forums that frequently to need more 'instant' means of communication. In the meantime feel free to hang around my #aos.story channel which was originally made for 3rd person stories but people just idle there these days.
Other than that, nope, not much stuff has been going on. If you have any issues or events that need discussing, or if anyone asks to join, feel free to talk about it here or in PMs if you prefer privacy.
Fleischgeruch

Postby PertevGap » Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry for my brief disappearance. I tend to do that a lot. Especially now that I have my IGCSE's coming up.
PertevGap

Next

Return to Clans