Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Feedback and Suggestions

Competitive mindsets and outstanding abilities are what separate us from most other clans. We pride ourselves in upholding a higher level of integrity and values most often neglected in the online world. We are a tight community of pro players who assist each other, perfecting our tactics for fun, friendship and most importantly, for the love of the game.

Re: Suggestions box

Postby CrisisFlarez » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 am

^ Well,I have no problem with this I say we go for it

CrisisFlarez

Postby Nova » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:33 am

This is the new application form I'll be suggesting. Anyone can comment on it! I looked at other applications to check what seemed good and wrong.

Introductory Paragraph (Introduce yourself! Tell us a few things about yourself. It allows us to see what kind of person you are.)
Future In-game Name :
Favorite Weapon :
Will you play on the Aloha.pk/TSB Server? : (Yes/No)
Will you join the TSB IRC frequently? : (Yes/No)
Past Clans (If any, post why you left the clan(s)) :
Time-zone :
What's Unique about you? :
Why do you want to join The Sticky Bandits? :
IGN : ♫♫[SAW]Faith♫♫
Nova

Postby Kibblez » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:07 am

Nova wrote:This is the new application form I'll be suggesting. Anyone can comment on it! I looked at other applications to check what seemed good and wrong.

Introductory Paragraph (Introduce yourself! Tell us a few things about yourself. It allows us to see what kind of person you are.)
Future In-game Name :
Favorite Weapon :
Will you play on the Aloha.pk/TSB Server? : (Yes/No)
Will you join the TSB IRC frequently? : (Yes/No)
Past Clans (If any, post why you left the clan(s)) :
Time-zone :
What's Unique about you? :
Why do you want to join The Sticky Bandits? :

You need to include style of gameplay though, i.e. rusher, sniper, etc. I had never heard of that before applying for TSB but I really liked the idea because it kind of allows us to tally up the type of players we have if we wanted to get statistical about our members.. Perhaps I look a little too much into everything, quite frankly my dear, I'm just crazy; but it works.

Past clans is good too, but is it too invasive? Would players feel like they need to lie about this detail? I suppose it is necessary to evade the possibility of accepting/inviting a clan-hopper, but just wondering what exactly your thoughts are on this in general. I know a lot of clans ask this question, I just am trying to figure out why I suppose.

"What's unique about you" can be the in the introductory paragraph: Introduce yourself! Tell us a few things about yourself, and what makes you unique. It allows us to see what kind of person you are.
The reason it is better to include it here is because it allows users to expand more on themselves in a paragraph rather than a question. I, myself, have a hard time answering questions like this rather than if someone told me to just tell about myself and threw in some suggestions as to what I can tell about myself. Just creates a certain flow for the person answering what has been asked of them.

Anyway, I definitely like it :)
The introductory paragraph is brilliant, I'd like to know a few things about people considering you're letting in a complete stranger to become part of your "family" (so to speak) more often than not. I don't think anyone wants another member like Lurk, I was there in the IRC just before he was accepted; he was an arrogant prick who thought he was too smart for his own good. He applied to DELTA not even a whole 24 hours after being accepted to TSB. Stealth's words: "Get the f*** out of my clan." LOL.
Favorite weapon was a cool thing too, that helps define the type of player they are in game as well; if someone said "Rifle," and stated their average Arena KDR with that, it being around a 2.0 or higher, I'd have to assume they're a pretty good shot with that rifle.
Time-zones was awesome, allows one to statistically define when our users are on the most. I don't have any other way of really tracking this type of data down, which is disappointing, because it's going to be hard to set up a good clan match time/date without this simple data.

Again, overall, I really like it. I just like to give my two cents where it's wanted/needed (:
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby Stealthbomber » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 am

Kibblez wrote:I don't think anyone wants another member like Lurk, I was there in the IRC just before he was accepted; he was an arrogant prick who thought he was too smart for his own good. He applied to DELTA not even a whole 24 hours after being accepted to TSB. Stealth's words: "Get the f*** out of my clan." LOL.

No clan hopping nor multi-clanning in my clan if you do, you get pimpslapped. :)
Stealthbomber
[TSB] Leader

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 am

I think we should invite people who are not only experienced in game, but also great on improving clans overall. If you notice, the <@> clan is the highest of highest and the leadership clan. A myriad of people look up to them and wish to join their clan! What is unique about them, is that they are great in forums! Maybe we should recruit people who have similar traits as one who would be accepted into <@> clan. You may disagree with me and I am completely fine with that. I am just posting my opinion and my idea to make this clan even better and more respected!
Keep Calm and Chase The Sun
IGN: [SAW]Kiwi
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

Postby Kibblez » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:28 am

I am trying to improve the forums overall, not to be a deuce, but yeah :P
I'm all for being #1.

Right now, we're right up there in the top 3 though, no doubt. You see how many applications we get daily? And everytime we go on virtually any server on aloha.pk, we destroy the charts. We are bad ass.
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby Lurk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 pm

duck you people that talk bad bout me, i already appologized to the admins.
Lurk

Postby Kibblez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Lol Lurk, you're cute.

Apologizing doesn't mean we can't make an example out of you, thanks though ^_^
Kibblez

Postby Thelionmaster » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Kibblez wrote:Lol Lurk, you're cute.

What happened with Lurk?
Most lions are expected to hunt prey and roar loud,
But this one is different.
This one is a first person shooter,
A great spadekiller,
And a Sticky Bandit.
My IGN: [TSB] Lion
Thelionmaster
[TSB] Member

Postby Kibblez » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 am

Thelionmaster wrote:
Kibblez wrote:Lol Lurk, you're cute.

What happened with Lurk?

This:

Stealthbomber wrote:
Kibblez wrote:I don't think anyone wants another member like Lurk, I was there in the IRC just before he was accepted; he was an arrogant prick who thought he was too smart for his own good. He applied to DELTA not even a whole 24 hours after being accepted to TSB. Stealth's words: "Get the f*** out of my clan." LOL.

No clan hopping nor multi-clanning in my clan if you do, you get pimpslapped. :)
Kibblez

Postby MrStark » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:27 am

Training matches! I believe the matter has been addressed quite a few times, but it should be implanted nonetheless.

The raw concept: Get a timetable, ask players to pinpoint times during which they'll mostly be able to play on the set day (Saturday night seems probable). Again, this is the raw idea, so it should be refined and supplemented with improvements. 2-3 days per month, each with a set list of things to train, such as:
Sniping
Teamwork - Fireteams
Building concepts and ideas
Tactics
Develop friendly relations (Always necessary for synergy)
Others

I'd put 'recite war poetry', but we're not Mgalekgolo's.
MrStark
[TSB] Member

Postby Kibblez » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:57 am

^ I can set up the timetable probably with Excel and calculate a good median for when players are most often online.

Overall though, we've been dying to add this.. You should make a topic on it and have members start getting involved. We can start developing "specialties" and members can put that specialty in their forum signature. For example: I have no idea what mine would be.. But Tyler's specialty would be Sniping, again, as an example.

After we get more things set up, we should start making a bigger push for Team Speak, because it's going to really come in handy in the future.

I really like the list you have as it is.. At this moment in time, I'm not sure what to add. We need to get into the habit of really doing things as a team though; I love it when I can go on Arena and I see [TSB] all over the top ranks of the match. It warms my heart to see such killing from our clan <3
Kibblez

Postby OtsoOM » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:50 pm

ahorriblesmel wrote:Hi all,
I think that TSB should have its own servers, with game modes such as ffa, arena, HvZ and Classicgen.
From there we can regularly set up clan matches and become an even better clan!

aBadSmell.

P.S I don't know how to forward a port, so I wont be much help with setting it up... :P

I Agree that is a great idea! (but the cost for are too expensive for me D: )
OtsoOM
[TSB] Member

Postby Thelionmaster » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:02 pm

MrStark wrote:Training matches! I believe the matter has been addressed quite a few times, but it should be implanted nonetheless.

The raw concept: Get a timetable, ask players to pinpoint times during which they'll mostly be able to play on the set day (Saturday night seems probable). Again, this is the raw idea, so it should be refined and supplemented with improvements. 2-3 days per month, each with a set list of things to train, such as:
Sniping
Teamwork - Fireteams
Building concepts and ideas
Tactics
Develop friendly relations (Always necessary for synergy)
Others

I'd put 'recite war poetry', but we're not Mgalekgolo's.

Do we have to do pinpoint? That's the one single course I SUCK at. And I mean suck.
Most lions are expected to hunt prey and roar loud,
But this one is different.
This one is a first person shooter,
A great spadekiller,
And a Sticky Bandit.
My IGN: [TSB] Lion
Thelionmaster
[TSB] Member

Postby smoshy479 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:26 pm

I think training would be good.
[TSB]*VyPeR*