Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[Poll] Bullet Drop

Got a great new idea for the game?

Would you like to see bullet drop implemented?

Yes
55%
No
34%
I'm not sure.
11%

Total votes : 231

Re: [Poll] Bullet Drop

Postby CommanderCody » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 am

with limited range a weapons bullet flys you can say its already in there,but it would completely stuff up bullet tracers and as we all know-turn 'deuces' off AOS as they can't even get there shot to go straight.
And lets not think about how it would be affected by lag...
and it would make tactics,such as jackhammering useless and make walls almost invinsible via guns.

I say no.
| Join {AGAN} Today | IGN-AGANComandrCody | I Am a Combine |
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby TBS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 pm

TheGeekZeke101 wrote:I don't mind, though I feel alot should be changed with this.

#1. The rifle would have to take it's place as a rifle. Would loose it's distance, accuracy, and etc for far distances

#2. Sniper would be added. Sniper would sway, have zoomable scopes, and be more affected with bullet drop

If you disagree, I'll give you some reasons for why your retarded.

(Mind making this a poll choice, referring to only if my ideas were implemented would they want bullet drop?)

If the fog stays, then there should be no snipers
TBS
Bastion Member

Postby demo123 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 pm

So this is an another way to waste more bullets.As if ppl dont waste them since 0.75 came out.Use your brains a bit you fools.If this idea gets implemente folowing things would happen.More lag,deuces getting pissed off,ppl starting to use aimbots or cheat more,greifers will greif more since killing would be alot harder,it would increase chances for a new weapon to be added,more lag...
This is the dumbest idea next to the remove headshot idea.This game would lose its trademark.And that trademark is simplicity.Now lets finaly bury this thread for ever.Im getting sick seing ppl saying that this is a good idea.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby Shesiressu » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:34 am

Hello,

I love how people say no because they'll lose their "skill" with the bullet-drop system.

I actually like the idea. The game is too easy right now.

Regards,
Shesiressu
"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail".
Shesiressu

Postby SICKfudge » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 pm

*sighs* so much hate here -_-
I agree with all of those who are saying they would like to see it implimented but only if it came with a larger fog distance, I belive it would in fact encourage more stratigic building as people would need places to plan their shots and spend time shooting instead of the run and gunning you see nowadays.
IGN: SICKfudge
My avatar is Mr. Squirrel Mc Squirrelton [RIP]
ADVERTISMENT:
SICKfudge

Postby Rydogger » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Voted yes because it adds a sense of skill to the game, like you have to get used to the bullet drop to start raping some face, but it should affect the rifle the most, considering that the rifle is used mainly for long ranges. The SMG should be affected a little bit less, considering that you mainly see people moving/rushing with it. And the shotty shouldn't be affected because it only kills at a really close range (unless the enemy you're killing has minimal to no health).
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Postby SICKfudge » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Oh yes, Demo123, people would have to programm aimbots to take into account the randomess of the bullet drop witch would be freakin hard and if the bullet drop was totally random (say in a cone) then it would be pretty much impossible.
Please, keep this civil and your arguments sensible
(Also the fact that you keep posting means that this forum keep rising to the surface so more people notice it... and it not be buried as you say
and anyways, your opinion only yours, if more people than you want it, than either suck it up or find a new game)
IGN: SICKfudge
My avatar is Mr. Squirrel Mc Squirrelton [RIP]
ADVERTISMENT:
SICKfudge

Postby Null » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:33 am

I'm going to have to give this one a no, fog range is simply way too short to say that bullets are effected all that much by bullet drop in the extremely short range they are actually flying.
Null

Postby Narkumir » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 am

Bullet Drop is a good idea because it adds a level of realism to the game and also it may in a way remove aimbotting because the aimbots are pinpoint accurate and bullet drop would make your shots off in various situations
ImageImageImageImage
Narkumir

Postby Moonkey » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:41 am

demo123 wrote:So this is an another way to waste more bullets.As if ppl dont waste them since 0.75 came out.Use your brains a bit you fools.If this idea gets implemente folowing things would happen.More lag,deuces getting pissed off,ppl starting to use aimbots or cheat more,greifers will greif more since killing would be alot harder,it would increase chances for a new weapon to be added,more lag...
This is the dumbest idea next to the remove headshot idea.This game would lose its trademark.And that trademark is simplicity.Now lets finaly bury this thread for ever.Im getting sick seing ppl saying that this is a good idea.

*Cough* Let's start from square one. The goal of this game (in my belief) is to make an in-depth online first person shooter. Making the game TOO simple would ruin gameplay. Currently AoS doesn't have a trademark. Or else it would be "Ace Of Spadesâ„¢". Not in anyway would this create more lag. There would be less Aimbotter rather than more. "Deuces" That regularly play FPS games could pick this up in no time. Others who aren't experienced will have to practice. Practice makes perfect. (Even though there is no perfect) Griefers are a natural cause in AoS and can't be removed unless building/destroying was taken away from AoS. And that wouldn't be any fun. The whole point of this game would be... GAMEPLAY. Or atleast I think. ;) Atleast I responded nicely to your opinions.

My mean comment: Nobody will follow what you say when you demand, nor will it create any positive reactions for your own sake. ♪|¤Space Inspader¤|♪

Edit: And why do you disapprove of a new weapon ОДо
Space Inspader
Moonkey

Postby vigor87 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:56 am

Yes, Yes, Yes, YES! Adds an extra level of realism to the game, this could also go with corpses staying longer on the map after death.
"The anticipation of the upcoming is greater than the upcoming itself."
vigor87

Postby AceOfBlades » Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 am

Needs scopes
AceOfBlades

Postby k0mbine » Sat May 05, 2012 5:28 am

Whoah second suggestion thread view on these forums and it's not shit. Impressive.
k0mbine

Postby Arctic » Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 am

I voted no because I just like the simple idea of shooting - point at their head and pull the trigger. Nothing fancy needed, quicker to aim gets the kill. I don't think the game needs much realism.
Arctic

Postby Tek2 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:46 am

Arctic wrote:I voted no because I just like the simple idea of shooting - point at their head and pull the trigger. Nothing fancy needed, quicker to aim gets the kill. I don't think the game needs much realism.

The "doesn't need realism" argument is a bit invalid consiering the short range where fog is in Ace of Spades.
Tek2

PreviousNext

Return to Game