Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

*!*!*USAB and the Future*!*!*

The United States Airborne Clan was started in 2007 by a group of friends. They look to create a community of mature, level-headed people who enjoy the games they play rather than try to be "MLG PR0".

*!*!*USAB and the Future*!*!*

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm

In recent days, we've been undergoing major change. Kalin was demoted, CraftDinur left, and Paladin left as well. There's been a large amount of inactivity within USAB and the Minecraft server, and our forums have been shut down. From the outside, things look terrible. Many clans would have folded and collapsed by now. But we have not. Why?

Why have you stayed? What do you like about USAB? What do you want to happen? When will things get better? You've probably asked yourselves these questions, and for the most part, only you can answer them. The people who have stayed and trudged through with the clan are what I like to call our core members. They are the epitome of what I want in someone when they apply. They are loyal, helpful, friendly, and generally fun-to-be-around people. USAB could not be what it is, what it was, or what it will be without them. I thought about making a new rank for them, but they need no recognition. You know and I know who you are. Making it a rank would make it a goal, and you can't aim for this, you just have to be this. Being in this group of people is definitely commendable. You have been tried and tested and you have remained resolute. You have persevered. I have no doubts that most if not all USAB members could go off and start their own successful clans. You have proven loyalty by not doing this.

So why stay? There are many reasons to stay. As always, I have plans for USAB. I want to expand, recruit more, advertise, and be greater. I want you and I to be part of something big, part of something we can enjoy. This is a gaming clan, after all, and the main purpose of gaming is to have fun. But we can't do that without you, the "average member". We need you, the backbone of the clan, to support it. The leaders are supplementary. I and the other leaders exist to help make decisions, to moderate, and to execute ideas. We are members of USAB just as you are. As you can see, we're not aloof elites. We talk to you like any other member would. Our private channels exist so that we can keep things as surprises for you and discuss things that either wouldn't concern you or we need to get rid of an unfit member. We try to keep the discussions with you.

One thing you can always be sure about is that USAB will never "die". For as long as I can be, I will be here. I will never quit, as a quitter is something I am most definitely not. For years I have been dedicated to USAB, and for years I will remain dedicated. I do this in my free time, which I usually have a lot of. Even when I'm busy, I am not disheartened. I find time to check on how things are doing. I will always try to monitor events and watch over USAB.

When you joined USAB, we found you to be dedicated to a high standard of conduct, this is why you were accepted. Your continued activity and perseverance only help to cement that and convince us that we made the right choice. So fear not for the future, for it is bright. With members like ours, I have no doubt of a continued standard of excellence within ourselves, and I have no doubt that we will continue on through the years. If you ever feel like there's something wrong or that we need to do something more, different, or better, you can always suggest it. We leaders do everything we can to improve and keep things interesting.

So remember these words, those who have chosen to hold steadfast, the future is dependent on you, on me, and on all of us. The future is bright and you have chosen to be a part of it.

Thank you.

-Booyo
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Re: *!*!*USAB and the Future*!*!*

Postby Seabert » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 pm

''Sons of USAB! Of AoS! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of USAB fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of USAB comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the USAB! '' ~ Aragorn.

Reminded me of that speech, very nice Booyo.
Seabert
[USAB] Member

Postby USABxSLAYER » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:03 pm

This is it. That is the essence of USAB, the meaning behind it all, the "backbone". The members are more than the backbone, the members are the vital organs. They are the heart, soul, and muscle of USAB and for that I thank you all.
^Best Game Ever^
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 am

I think we're taking this a little too far, it's just a clan...
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Postby USABxBOOYO » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 am

USABxGUNSLINGER wrote:I think we're taking this a little too far, it's just a clan...

What I'm trying to say is that I really appreciate the people who have stayed all this time.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby ugotpiez » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:36 am

USABxGUNSLINGER wrote:I think we're taking this a little too far, it's just a clan...

I'd say it's more of a group of friends who play games together, now.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:12 am

ugotpiez wrote:

I'd say it's more of a group of friends who play games together, now.

One of the reasons behind my not liking USAB now. Considering I don't use Skype, and can barely go on the computer for extended periods of time, I'm locked out of talking with fellow members, alongside with me never seeing them in-game because I don't like Minecraft, and aren't going to play AoS until (likely) the OpenGL 1.0 comes out. My attempts at getting us back on the Xbox have failed, and I'm starting to have doubts about staying in the clan, because I never see anyone.
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Postby ugotpiez » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:26 am

That's why Slayer & Booyo are trying to get into other games, Ben, Karate, Knight, Brink, and I play TF2 together sometimes. However they haven't really given the OK to let us walk into the game officially. Nor have I seen them play it.

ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby USABxBOOYO » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:16 am

ugotpiez wrote:That's why Slayer & Booyo are trying to get into other games, Ben, Karate, Knight, Brink, and I play TF2 together sometimes. However they haven't really given the OK to let us walk into the game officially. Nor have I seen them play it.

I can't actually play anything that requires an install, nor do I have a computer that can run TF2 well.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby ugotpiez » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Well, I know that. :P But Slayer supposedly plays it, correct?

ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby USABxSLAYER » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:34 pm

ugotpiez wrote:Well, I know that. :P But Slayer supposedly plays it, correct?

Once my computer gets repaired.
^Best Game Ever^
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader

Return to [USAB]