Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Gamemode (pyspades) : Infiltration

Finished a script? Pop it in here.

Re: Gamemode (pyspades) : Infiltration

Postby Fluttershy » Fri May 04, 2012 3:48 am

hindos wrote:But there are twice the amount of greens so it balances it out ;)

not to mention the fact on some of the maps greens already spawn about half way there....
Fluttershy

Postby Paratrooper » Fri May 04, 2012 3:54 am

Yeah, but in some maps, that isn't the case :/

It seems that there are some maps where greens and blues have their fatal disadvantages.

If the Blue base is too small, greens could easily cover the castle and spawnkill each and every one of the blues.
If the Blue base is too big, blues can spawn behind and around the capping greens, nowhere in sight.

Maybe it's not in the spawning system, rather it's the maps themselves that are the problem.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby hindos » Sat May 05, 2012 3:46 am

Paratrooper wrote:Yeah, but in some maps, that isn't the case :/

It seems that there are some maps where greens and blues have their fatal disadvantages.

If the Blue base is too small, greens could easily cover the castle and spawnkill each and every one of the blues.
If the Blue base is too big, blues can spawn behind and around the capping greens, nowhere in sight.

Maybe it's not in the spawning system, rather it's the maps themselves that are the problem.

Let's buddy up and make a new map that is better balanced :P ? That could solve the issue
hindos

Postby Syntax » Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Nice game mode! Look forward to future updates.
Syntax

Postby Diggy » Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 pm

#1. Blues take points EVEN WHEN green has intel- It seems blues can take some time transporting the intel from blue's territory. Honestly, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't get points.

#3. Spawning seems a little bit too fast, so it should be put down a bit- Three seconds isn't alot of time. With there being 3x as many greens, it'd be nice if the blues had the opportunity to atleast keep some of the enemies back. I mean, they're always being bombarded.

#4. Spawns- The blue spawn on the front of the castle, for instance, is terrible- *Blue Spawns* *Blue Dies* I think the spawns allow too little cover to even spawn and get into the action. As for that, it seems there are so little spawning places blue can spawn without getting instantly killed. Some positions outside of the walls, on the bottom of the stairs, and etc would be nice for some new spawns.

[
#6. Day and night cycle- Everyone knows that blues can camouflage in the night. Why not help them out then? It'd make hiding and defending much easier. Instead of greens picking them off at the castle, blues could have an advantage and keep them at spawn. Not to mention, this'd be a fun little feature to add :)

Thats all I have for now. It's probably a bit messed up, or worded a bit weird, for I have somewhere to attend to. I may have more ideas later on.[/quote]

These seem really cool. but no dirt nades, and no killstreaks
I don't see why more people don't makes forts. even if not useful, they're a lot of fun
Diggy

Postby Diggy » Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 pm

#1. Blues take points EVEN WHEN green has intel- It seems blues can take some time transporting the intel from blue's territory. Honestly, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't get points.

#3. Spawning seems a little bit too fast, so it should be put down a bit- Three seconds isn't alot of time. With there being 3x as many greens, it'd be nice if the blues had the opportunity to atleast keep some of the enemies back. I mean, they're always being bombarded.

#4. Spawns- The blue spawn on the front of the castle, for instance, is terrible- *Blue Spawns* *Blue Dies* I think the spawns allow too little cover to even spawn and get into the action. As for that, it seems there are so little spawning places blue can spawn without getting instantly killed. Some positions outside of the walls, on the bottom of the stairs, and etc would be nice for some new spawns.

[
#6. Day and night cycle- Everyone knows that blues can camouflage in the night. Why not help them out then? It'd make hiding and defending much easier. Instead of greens picking them off at the castle, blues could have an advantage and keep them at spawn. Not to mention, this'd be a fun little feature to add :)

Thats all I have for now. It's probably a bit messed up, or worded a bit weird, for I have somewhere to attend to. I may have more ideas later on.[/quote]

These seem really cool. but no dirt nades, and no killstreaks
I don't see why more people don't makes forts. even if not useful, they're a lot of fun
Diggy

Postby Lult » Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Where can i download this gamemode?
Lult

Postby Enari » Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 pm

this script is right here:
http://code.google.com/p/pyspades/sourc ... tration.py

If you need help setting it up there should already be some threads in "Hosting help".
Enari

Postby Lult » Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Thankyou Enari
Lult

Postby Falcon » Sun May 13, 2012 2:01 am

When I try to log I get

has captured the (null) intel
IGN:USABxFALCON IRC:Fawlkon
Falcon
[USAB] Member

Postby Enari » Sun May 13, 2012 2:46 am

like this?
http://i.imgur.com/7jorz.png

then it's probably an old version of the server or client.
Enari

Postby Narkumir » Sun May 13, 2012 4:06 am

Amazing Game Mode! I really enjoyed it's gameplay and how it went.
ImageImageImageImage
Narkumir

Postby Falcon » Sun May 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Enari wrote:like this?
http://i.imgur.com/7jorz.png

then it's probably an old version of the server or client.

Yea, and no I have the latest version.. Unless an update came out with out me knowing..... But oh well thanks anyways
IGN:USABxFALCON IRC:Fawlkon
Falcon
[USAB] Member

Postby ducknorris123 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:59 am

This was really fun!

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

M-M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!!!!!!!!!!!
ducknorris123

Postby Diggy » Mon May 21, 2012 3:59 am

The only map where blue is ok is swamp b/c green can't tunnel. I think the server should be able to decide what the balance is, so blue isn't always completely outnumbered
Diggy

PreviousNext

Return to Script releases