Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[REQUEST] Navy Warfare?

All things voxel.

[REQUEST] Navy Warfare?

Postby Cytomek » Fri May 04, 2012 2:03 am

So, my idea is that we could have a map, where there is two boats set in the water. The enemy intel is on the other boat and you have to go get it. You have to make your way through the gangplanks to get the enemy intel. The map would be a fun close quarters match. The cannon holes (I don't know the name) could potentially be a place where soldiers could line up and shoot at any incoming opponents. Unfortunately, we all know most people like playing offensive. The crows nest should also be included, making it an ideal sniping position. One ship could be a pirate ship and the other could be some royal navy ship. Then (if the server owner changes the name of the teams) it could be "Pirates" or "Navy". The boats would be about 25 blocks away. Also, some cool extra things could be small ships (sloops) between the boats so that people can jump from boat to boat to get to the other ship. Or to replace the small ships there could always be a ship in between the two vessels that could be a no-mans land. It could be sinking too. Making it a harder terrain to navigate. Just a fun idea. Feel free to add/take away any features.
Amateurs practice so they get it right.
Pros practice so they can't get it wrong.
Cytomek
Komrade Member

Re: [REQUEST] Navy Warfare?

Postby Altoids » Fri May 04, 2012 2:19 am

Hm, could work. Is build enabled?
Altoids
Komrade Member

Postby Falk3n » Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

This idea would be neat for the arena game mode.
Falk3n

Postby BuffetOfLies » Fri May 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Interestingly enough, the "cannon holes" on the sides of ships are called "gun ports".

I made a map last year that I never released that vaguely corresponds to what you describe. I'll just throw it out there. I could perhaps be persuaded to add a ship or change the layout of the ships. I sort of just plunked them around randomly.
MAP DOWNLOAD LINK
BuffetOfLies

Return to Mapping