Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Space Station Map

All things voxel.

Space Station Map

Postby Yourself » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:03 am

A map with black water and black fog makes for an ideal space station map.
I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.
Yourself

Re: Space Station Map

Postby Diggy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:36 am

why doesn't this exist? nice job. btw, add a poll, for some reason you get a lot more traffic that way ;)
I don't see why more people don't makes forts. even if not useful, they're a lot of fun
Diggy

Postby andryaCat1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:34 am

Hi, yeah you are right because the roots of the black space experience date back some 12 years... It really looks something like that. But did you notice that the Moon and the stars had a special place in African societies?
Last edited by andryaCat1 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Online poster printing is very dominating nowadays. It allows you to have your werbeplakat or promo posters ordered, printed and delivered easily.
andryaCat1

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 am

andryaCat1 wrote:Hi, yeah you are right because the roots of the black space experience date back some 8,500 years... It really looks something like that. But did you notice that the Moon and the stars had a special place in African societies?

wat
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:57 pm

How totally random. Believe it or not, that wasn't a spam bot!
BuffetOfLies

Postby Seabert » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Haha that made me laugh xD
Seabert
[USAB] Member

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:38 am

I've been thinking about making an arena map like this for a while but I got a few problems:
-How do I go about it, do I make it high in the sky so if people fall off they die (floating off in space)
-If it is high up how do I stop people building down (ie mining away the supports)
-If it sits on supports how do I stop people mining away the whole space station so it breaks up (all though that would be pretty cool: "catastrophic failure of systems, thrusters lost, can not correct orbit, station is breaking up!")

If you can give me some solutions then I can make you your map
Ki11aWi11

Postby Tek2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 am

Ki11aWi11 wrote:I've been thinking about making an arena map like this for a while but I got a few problems:
-How do I go about it, do I make it high in the sky so if people fall off they die (floating off in space)
-If it is high up how do I stop people building down (ie mining away the supports)
-If it sits on supports how do I stop people mining away the whole space station so it breaks up (all though that would be pretty cool: "catastrophic failure of systems, thrusters lost, can not correct orbit, station is breaking up!")

Arena maps just have building disabled...

Also I think arena maps have instant killing water, so when people fall off´the spacestation they will die even if the fall distance would be short.

Just make it have 1 black support pillar at the centre and you will be just fine.
Tek2

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 am

Tek2 wrote:
Ki11aWi11 wrote:I've been thinking about making an arena map like this for a while but I got a few problems:

Arena maps just have building disabled...

Also I think arena maps have instant killing water, so when people fall off´the spacestation they will die even if the fall distance would be short.

Just make it have 1 black support pillar at the centre and you will be just fine.

Cool, I'll start building something soon, what would you want, something like the ISS or something from the future with star cruisers docked etc, like a big spiral shaped thing.
Ki11aWi11

Postby Diggy » Fri May 04, 2012 3:50 am

ISS would be realistic, but not only would it be difficult but navigation would be tough and combat kinda boring. i'd prefer a sort of scifi type of ship, like in star wars or halo for example
I don't see why more people don't makes forts. even if not useful, they're a lot of fun
Diggy

Postby BuffetOfLies » Fri May 04, 2012 4:21 am

I think something like the space station in 2001: A Space Odyssey would be cool.
BuffetOfLies

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:36 am

How about I make Anchor Nine from Halo: Reach, I could have each team start in a Hangar and have the focus of the map being to fight in a Control Room.
Ki11aWi11

Postby mueba » Sat May 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Diggy wrote:why doesn't this exist? nice job. btw, add a poll, for some reason you get a lot more traffic that way ;)

fasing_worlds_arena is actually an asteroid flating in space, it's map from UT
mueba

Postby Diggy » Sun May 06, 2012 11:12 pm

andryaCat1 wrote:Hi, yeah you are right because the roots of the black space experience date back some 12 years... It really looks something like that. But did you notice that the Moon and the stars had a special place in African societies?

dafuq is this?
Diggy

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:23 pm

I've almost finished ISS, just got to edit the spawning so you can't spawnkill.
Ki11aWi11

Return to Mapping