Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Modern Warfare: 3 DLC '-_-'

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Modern Warfare: 3 DLC '-_-'

Postby FaZe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Does anyone know why almost every single downloadable-content that comes out for MW3 is completely bs? I mean, spec ops missions? Really? Beat them once on Veteran, and you'll never want to play 'em again. Let's talk about the maps.

Piazza: It's okay, but no real structure. Looks like Infinity Ward just mashed together a bunch of textures they had, and changed the background to make it look like Italy.

Liberation: DUCK THIS SHIT

Overwatch: By far the best map. No real camping spots, and it stays true to the formula that made the CoD franchise successful.

Sanctuary: Boring, and I realized that it looks exactly like Castle from CoD 5. Reduce, reuse and recycle, right Infinity Ward?

Foundation: Boring colour palate, a lot of camping spots, and stupid trickshotters who can't get a hitmarker to save their lives jumping off platforms.

Here's what happened at the developer's office while they were thinking about map ideas: "Hmm, the community loved close-quarters maps like Nuketown, Firing Range and Rust, so therefore we must make ones that are huge and cater to noobs like the rest of what we do."
Last edited by FaZe on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Re: Modern Warfare: 3 DLC '-_-'

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Infinity Ward FTW?

But really, I think it's Activi$ion's fault for forcing Infinity Ward and Treyarch to pump out CoD games and DLC so they can have more money in their pockets.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Conduit » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm just happy Treyarch's making Black ops 2, atleast they place effort into their games.
MODS! http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3631
[SPQR]Conduit
PSN: MechaXeno1951

^ CLICK 4 LEGIT 100% FREE DEATHCLAWS!
Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby AceOfBlades » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Conduit wrote:I'm just happy Treyarch's making Black ops 2, atleast they place effort into their games.

It's probably going to have a similar storyline and graphics. All games from the same studio start to look alike after a while.
AceOfBlades

Postby BrosephRadson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm

No surprise here. Release recycled game, release several packs of shitty maps, repeat.
kmaj wrote: Pasrdonn my grmnar, butg i'm writingh whjle masking a faxcepalmm.
BrosephRadson

Postby DoomSplitter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:00 pm

I just don't play COD. There, problem solved! :P
Seriously though, sounds like the DLC sucks.
DoomSplitter

Postby FaZe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:00 pm

They should wait another year for the release of Blops 2. There is no way that a company can consistently make top-notch, $60 games each year. Look at Dice, for example. They take their time with Battlefield, but each one is a masterpiece.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby DoomSplitter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:06 pm

FaZe wrote:There is no way that a company can consistently make top-notch, $60 games each year.

*cough*EASports*cough*
DoomSplitter

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 pm

DoomSplitter wrote:
FaZe wrote:There is no way that a company can consistently make top-notch, $60 games each year.

*cough*EASports*cough*

You should get some cough pills before someone elses catch it.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby FaZe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Lol, EA dug themselves in a hole when they called their first title Madden/NHL 01 or whatever. Now they have to make one each year xD

What they should have done is put a generic title-ending. You know, like Resident Evil: Reborn, or Mass Effect: Killzone. Maybe something along the lines of "NHL: Legacy" or "NHL: Slapshot" so they could release one every few years.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby HaloWarLord711 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 am

MW3
there is your fail,sell it and get bf3

It's better to walk in the dark with a friend than it is to walk alone in the light.
HaloWarLord711
[LDR] Member

Postby Conduit » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 am

I've been a long time Battlefield and CoD fan, I love both series. But I've begin to dislike IW.Don't get me wrong, they produce good games, but I've always loved Treyarch, and their games. They really do place effort into their games and I appreciate it. That's just my perspective.
MODS! http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3631
[SPQR]Conduit
PSN: MechaXeno1951

^ CLICK 4 LEGIT 100% FREE DEATHCLAWS!
Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:10 am

I myself have no real problem with the CoD series. I really like the first CoDs, but since the 4th CoD, it has been pretty much the same thing =/
Nowadays I play CoD only when I'm bored or just want some mindless run'n'gun (yes, kinda like PinPoint in AoS lol)
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby tunaspirit » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:36 am

Before we know, we have to pay $60 for Call of Duty Black Ops 2: First Mappack: Patch 1.57548956844539070
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby Bandage » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:01 am

It's the Activision and their greedy, moneyhungry business. They're pushing IW into bad limits, and actually most of the Infinity Ward's employees are gone already - either kicked out by Activision or just by their own decisions. Those guys have founded the Respawn Studios and are now making a new game (mysteriously giving us blurry images only). Just to give you some nowadays' info...

Anyway, the point is that Call of Duty is a money cow that Activision likes to milk pretty often. The only fix for that is resisting to buy their stuff, even the retail games. The quality suffers more over the time when it's being bought all over again. If people stop buying it, developers might try to do something to keep people playing it (note might). I'm afraid that the whole game is going to be dumped off when people stop playing it though.
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Next

Return to Gaming