Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Slower autoclimb

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Slower autoclimb

Postby Fluttershy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Well this is interesting, as im sure you guys are no doubt aware, bens adding sprinting which disables autoclimb/shooting. In a way....I got what I want? Im not entirely sure yet....
Fluttershy

Postby SnaJperME » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 am

Thread is now uselles we got the autoclimb killed huray !!!
SnaJperME

Postby Gorman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:56 am

Where did you hear that?

And no it doesn't make the thread "uselles [sic]'...
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Autoclimb wasnt killed.It is just disabled when you sprint.You still autoclimb on normal speed.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Fluttershy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:43 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:Autoclimb wasnt killed.It is just disabled when you sprint.You still autoclimb on normal speed.

This, although its also why I said I guess. Like it gives a reason to building roads, making tunnels, flattening key areas, etc. But the problem that autoclimb is still as fast as normal running persists.
Fluttershy

Postby Monsteri » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Oh well, that sounds like a good thing, but I still want autoclimb to be slowed down.
Monsteri

Postby CommanderCody » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:56 pm

id say we need to have a key to make us sprint,say, double tap w (Minecraft key)
| Join {AGAN} Today | IGN-AGANComandrCody | I Am a Combine |
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby Fluttershy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 pm

CommanderCody wrote:id say we need to have a key to make us sprint,say, double tap w (Minecraft key)

While im sure that itd be easier than minecraft because I get more than 4 FPS, id much rather have it be akin to walking where you just press a mapable key to toggle it, then again, this also depends really on if theres any limitations. But I digress, this is about autoclimb rather than sprinting.
Fluttershy

Postby CommanderCody » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:39 pm

yea,sorry,someone mentioned sprinting and once i posted i was on the wrong forum,however,i do have good points,as if you have a toggle key,than everyone would be sprinting 24/7,thats unless we have a stamana bar,but it would be useless and annoying to have a stanama bar with a toggle key,

and btw,what happened to ur avatar
| Join {AGAN} Today | IGN-AGANComandrCody | I Am a Combine |
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby Fluttershy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 pm

CommanderCody wrote:and btw,what happened to ur avatar

It changes when I want a new one. Just a quick recap Nepeta->Nepeta->Nepeta+godkat->Homestuck gif->V2->Metroid Fusions one and only Nightmare->Squirtle Squad leader. Might switch back to nightmare on a later date.
Fluttershy

Postby Tigershield » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Fluttershy wrote:

It changes when I want a new one. Just a quick recap Nepeta->Nepeta->Nepeta+godkat->Homestuck gif->V2->Metroid Fusions one and only Nightmare->Squirtle Squad leader. Might switch back to nightmare on a later date.

What are you talkling about.I dont understand jack shit of it ,LMAO
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Tigershield

Postby Paratrooper » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Tigershield wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:

What are you talkling about.I dont understand jack shit of it ,LMAO

Just some characters from Homestuck.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Fluttershy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Tigershield wrote:What are you talkling about.I dont understand jack shit of it ,LMAO

All the avatars I've had on this forum.
Fluttershy

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 am

Fluttershy wrote:Well this is interesting, as im sure you guys are no doubt aware, bens adding sprinting which disables autoclimb/shooting. In a way....I got what I want? Im not entirely sure yet....

Well Ive come to a conclusion...I haven't, not at all.

Im using a phoenix down on this bitch and bringing it back into the limelight for discussion and bringing it back up into consideration for the next yearly update, totes legal. We've had several months with this so its not like its theory at this point, while sprint is useful yes, it doesnt comparatively nerf autoclimb at all(in my opinion). Its still way too fast to get to the front lines and cross giant mountains and whatnot, to the point no one really feels the need to build bridges/roads anymore. The lack of key points makes for a dull game, and you know it. Id also toss in the inclusion of "no sprinting in water", but hell, baby steps.
Fluttershy

Postby CalenLoki » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Bridges and roads helps a lot, often determining which team wins.They also guide more nooby teammates safely into frontlines. Nearly nobody builds them because players are too focused on running to kill, totally ignoring the fact that using 50 starting blocks with click&drag takes nearly no time and visibly decrease the time between respawn and combat.

About sprinting in water - IMO it should be only viable movement option while in water. So slow down all movement in water.
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

PreviousNext

Return to Game