Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Would you buy Ace of Spades?

For all things AoS!

Would you buy Ace of Spades?

Yes
33%
No
37%
Maybe
30%

Total votes : 204

Re: Would you buy Ace of Spades?

Postby ElFizbanio » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 pm

shywolf91 wrote:As of right now I wouldn't buy it. The game is too glitchy and has a lot of hackers and griefers. If they do release they should disable the switch team function during a game.

That's just a bad idea.
Check out my AAR as I conquer @
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15676&start=15#p239457
ElFizbanio

Postby Randomized » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:25 am

I wont buy it.
The worst thing about censorship is **************************.
It is not the fall that kills you. it's the sudden stop at the end.
Click--->Image
Randomized

Postby CodenameD » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 pm

ElFizbanio wrote:
CodenameD wrote:For me to actually buy this game the following conditions has to be come true-

(1) Retail edition. Am sorry, but I don't pay for what I don't get to touch. Highly unlikely in the near future.
(2) Solid Anti-cheat methods. And I mean not a single hacking at all! Never. Ever.
(3) More features. I don't want it to copy battlefield or CoD bit-to-bit but new game modes and vehicles would be interesting.
(4) Absolutely revamped interface and HUD. I want to see a Main menu with settings options, an integrated server browser and a server hosting option. More friendly HUD with an easier way to pull off airstrikes at the very least.
(5) LAN support. There are times I want to take a break away from the rest of the world and play with just my friends. Bots as a single player replacement would be cool too!
(6) More active servers and possibly 64 player support would definitely make me rethink about it. However, if it turns pay-to-play soon, it might drive potential players away.
(7) Although there are much better looking games than this out there available for FREE, I'd not mind to pay the maker. However it must be equal to or less than the $10 mark. Again, online transactions and digital distributions will drive me away.

It would be very cool if Ben would just keep a reduced-edition of AoS with a simple CTF gameplay or as it stands right now, for free. That would magnet new players and hopefully we can find even more active servers someday.

1. Retail editions can break easily, disappear or just get corrupt. It also costs money to make a retail edition so it wouldn't be smart for a small game like AoS.
2. There will always be hacks, nothing nobody can change about it, but anti-cheat methods could be medicore atleast.
3. You shouldn't except that much from a game that has been in development for a year. Making NEW features would take time and money.
4. That's in the making you know.
5. There is a basic LAN mode. Coding a bot would also take money and time, it also is a multiplayer game so, shh.
6. You really should do your research because a 64 player mode is planned and they will get new players from the Jagex/Runescape community
7. iirc there aren't games around that are voxlap, multiplayer and let you destroy the surroundings and make other people butthurt.

- Please do your goddamn research first!

jeez I was just stating why and why not I can pay. Not to argue or anything but-

1. If you know how to maintain CD/DVDs they can last over 10 years at the very least. And I'm sure 10 years is enough for me. For now. Should I suspect it's about to break I would clone it or something. I know it's not smart for an indie dev to start out with retail copies but I can wait I guess.

2. As long as its digital it can be hacked sure but I don't want anything going on like present. They could implement something like VAC.

3. Who says I'm/we're not giving them time? And that's why I'm gonna pay right? Pay for something worth paying for.

4. Of course. I just said it was a requirement. Not that it wasn't already met or won't happen.

5. Well like almost several things in the game the LAN mode is not easily discovered by most new players. I think if there has to be an intended LAN mode, it should be more user-friendly towards the new user. At least I would expect that if I were to pay for it. And I did say this - "Bots as a single player replacement would be cool too!" Never added "it must be there" or anything. Just a suggestion. Since if one day, when my net dies down, I could still have fun with the game. Of-course it's requires time and monetary investment. That's why it would be one of the reasons worth paying for this game.

6. I wasn't aware of that. Then again, I never said that it wasn't gonna happen. I merely stated a condition.

7. I'll agree. There are no games like this. I should have added that. But this game needs major polish at the very least. Many "polished" online FPS are out there for free. And yet I play this game more because it's different than the rest. It's perfectly playable for me in its current state but to pay for it, that would require some polish alright.

In the end I'll accept I did very little research. But then again, these were all conditions anyway. Fulfilled or not.
CodenameD

Postby CaptainDerpster » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:16 pm

maybe i would buy it if my parents let me use there credit cards lol well let me get it straight i loved this game very much it has always been my favorite game next to minecraft it has been really fun playing this game it is free and thats the best part of it and to be honest this is my only game in my computer because i have a suckish computer this game has potential and ever feature the only hing i ask is that this game i not P2P because ben can use ad.fly links when downloading advertisements i would rather have tons of advertisements in my face than paying this game and hecan use donations its much more better than paying for the game and if its gonna be P2P then my ask is that it would not be rental like other games out there if it will be P2P please just only one payment like minecraft thats all i guess
sincerly,CaptainDerpster or Cpt.Derp
CaptainDerpster

Location: In The DerpySea full of DerpyFishes And Fellow DerpyPirates

Postby FragDevil » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:08 am

Def not. While a fun game, it should have a lot more going for it than basic shooting mechanics and a few other meh, standout features. I would much rather pay to play Guncraft or B-F (BF isn't any fun w/o buying some microtransactions), since they are far more feature-heavy and worth their cost.
FragDevil

Postby corn99 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 am

CaptainDerpster wrote:maybe i would buy it if my parents let me use there credit cards lol well let me get it straight i loved this game very much it has always been my favorite game next to minecraft it has been really fun playing this game it is free and thats the best part of it and to be honest this is my only game in my computer because i have a suckish computer this game has potential and ever feature the only hing i ask is that this game i not P2P because ben can use ad.fly links when downloading advertisements i would rather have tons of advertisements in my face than paying this game and hecan use donations its much more better than paying for the game and if its gonna be P2P then my ask is that it would not be rental like other games out there if it will be P2P please just only one payment like minecraft thats all i guess
sincerly,CaptainDerpster or Cpt.Derp

Grammar deuce inbound......
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby CaptainDerpster » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 am

lol sorry i'm a little grammar deuce XDDD
CaptainDerpster

Location: In The DerpySea full of DerpyFishes And Fellow DerpyPirates

Postby Becool362 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:52 am

I will not buy at its current state of development and also i would need a credit card.

Rainbow Dash is the Best Pony, No wait I am.
Becool362

Postby Sappert » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 am

I would totally buy it. I think having to pay for it instead of the game being free you get rid of a large part of the immature and annoying part of the community (griefers etc). First of all in my opinion those players usually arent those who can pay for a game, or don't want to risk losing money in having their account banned. Makes sense right.

tl;dr once AoS is done, make people pay for it.
Sappert

Previous

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion