Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

What do you think of this game mode? [Quarantine]

For all things AoS!

What do you think of this game mode? [Quarantine]

Postby Defaulter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Not sure where I should post this, so I will dump it here.

1) I am not even sure if this would be possible to script, so any replies about that would be great
2) yes it is like the zombie mode just with a twist and some additional 'frame work'
3) yeh this could be put in suggestions, but I'm not suggesting anything to add to the vanilla game. I just want some discussion about idea of this gamemode to see if it is viable. Plus this is AoS related, hence AoS discussion.

Mode: Quarantine

Blue team objective: eliminate all infected (greens)

Green team objective: infect all blue team

Code: Select all
NOTE: Neither team will be able to build or destroy blocks - They have to be tactical and use structures/corridors already in place

_______________________________________________________________-

Blue weaponry: semi/smg/shotgun/spade/nades though dmg modifications might be made

Green weaponry: spade only

Outline: Gates system in place like with arena. Maps are smaller then normal, perhaps maze's/buildings/one large building with multiple floors etc.

Rounds starts, gates open and blue must eliminate all infected before the infected manage to infect every single blue. When a blue is killed by a green he is "infected" and is switched immediately over to green team.

Round ends when all green are dead, or all blue are moved to green. As round ends the "infected" blues are moved back to blue team, and everyone may change team/weaponry before the next round starts.
Last edited by Defaulter on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Re: What do you think of this game mode? [Quarantine]

Postby topologist » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Definitely possible. What happens to green players when they're killed? "Round ends when all green are dead" - should they be moved to spectators when they die? Respawn but have a "killed" flag? If they have a "killed" flag, are they still allowed to infect blue players?
REDACTED
topologist
[SPQR] Member

Postby Defaulter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:01 pm

topologist wrote:Definitely possible. What happens to green players when they're killed? "Round ends when all green are dead" - should they be moved to spectators when they die? Respawn but have a "killed" flag? If they have a "killed" flag, are they still allowed to infect blue players?

Like in arena the killed greens will stay dead until the next round, so they won't be able to do anything apart from browse the kill cam by left/right clicking :P....I'm just not sure if that will work or not with the other scripting required.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby venom983 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Defaulter wrote:Like in arena the killed greens will stay dead until the next round, so they won't be able to do anything apart from browse the kill cam by left/right clicking :P....I'm just not sure if that will work or not with the other scripting required.

Then if possible, send the "dead" greens to a quarantined area away from the other alive players.
venom983
[TSB] Member

Postby SneakyBastard » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Straight from the arena.py

def get_respawn_time(self):
if self.protocol.arena_enabled:
if self.protocol.arena_running:
return -1
else:
return 1
return connection.get_respawn_time(self);

def respawn(self):
if self.protocol.arena_running:
return False
return connection.respawn(self)
SneakyBastard

Postby Defaulter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:08 pm

BTW in terms of maps,

I was liking the idea of this old fashioned apartment building from a Spanish movie called "[REC]" (american version called: Quarantine)

Here is the only real pic i can find, from the stairwell - http://bloody-disgusting.com/photosizer ... 022709.jpg

But hopefully that will convey what kind of building I mean. Not like a sky scraper or anything. Only about 6-8 stories high.
Last edited by Defaulter on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby rakiru » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 pm

This sounds fun, and a [REC] style map would be a good choice.
Perhaps remove the spade & block (or don't allow block modification) from the blue team? This would allow the greens to also be tactical in terms of movement, while the blues have to focus more on defence and shooting.
rakiru

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Similar to the one in Combat Arms? Hell yes, that is the only gamemode worth playing in that game nowadays.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Defaulter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 pm

rakiru wrote:This sounds fun, and a [REC] style map would be a good choice.
Perhaps remove the spade & block (or don't allow block modification) from the blue team? This would allow the greens to also be tactical in terms of movement, while the blues have to focus more on defence and shooting.

Yeh I forgot to mention, no one will be able to build. I'll quickly add that into the OP.

That way no one can grief or team kill. Also it forces the blues to be on their guard a lot more, they can't hide them selves of get anywhere high to get a good vantage point.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby jdrewlowery » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:16 pm

hmm it could be done . it COULD be done
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Fluttershy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Unless green has more advantages this is WAY too skewed towards blue.

Defaulter wrote:Yeh I forgot to mention, no one will be able to build. I'll quickly add that into the OP.
That way no one can grief or team kill.

well I hate this mode now
Fluttershy

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Fluttershy wrote:Unless green has more advantages this is WAY too skewed towards blue.

Defaulter wrote:Yeh I forgot to mention, no one will be able to build. I'll quickly add that into the OP.
That way no one can grief or team kill.

well I hate this mode now

Agreed. I think that green should be able to break blocks, and both teams should be able to destroy player-placed blocks.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby LASTofS » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Sounds a bit like the zombie gamemode we already have.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm

LASTofS wrote:Sounds a bit like the zombie gamemode we already have.

Yes, for me it kinda seems like a mix of Infiltration, although without a permanent base, and the Zombie Mode.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby EldredChandler » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 pm

This is just a rip-off of the zombie mode in Halo: Reach. 2/10 DE :<
[12:01] <+Kodiak> I'm a homosexual
EldredChandler
Bastion Warden

Next

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion