Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Black Mesa

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Black Mesa

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am

The most finest FPS of 1998.
Over 50 Game of the Year awards.
One of the greatest shooters of all time.
9.3 million copies sold.
Now... Welcome back to the place that started Half-Life continium.
Welcome to Black Mesa Research Facility.

Black Mesa (previously known as Black Mesa: Source) is a third-party total conversion modification for Valve Corporation's Source engine. The stated goal of the project is to recreate Valve's critically acclaimed 1998 video game Half-Life using the more advanced capabilities of the Source engine. The 40-person volunteer development team says they hope to create a more engrossing in-game world with more varied, complex environments and more challenging, realistic gameplay.
During its eight years in development, Black Mesa has been featured in several video game publications and received direct attention from Valve. Due to its long development time the modification became notable for its delays, and dwindling updates on the status of its completion. The delays led to Wired awarding Black Mesa high spots on their "Vaporware Of The Year" lists in 2009 and 2010.
The first part of Black Mesa, featuring remakes of all Half-Life's chapters except those set on the alien world "Xen", was released as a standalone download on September 14, 2012. Public voting through Valve's Greenlight program saw the game approved for distribution on Steam.

In my own words, the finest game ever made, now makes a glorious return, using the latest Source engine build, and did i mention it is completely FREE?

Here's the game/mod's website: http://release.blackmesasource.com/
It will contain links to other stuff, make sure to check that out.

This is Hax, peace out!
PS: I'm kinda sad that no one has posted this game yet.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Re: Black Mesa

Postby Found » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:51 am

Aperture Labatories > Black Mesa

Portal Reference.
Found

Postby XxsnipahxX » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Found wrote:Aperture Labatories > Black Mesa

Portal Reference.

I found an easter egg, the portal gun :D
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Found wrote:Aperture Labatories > Black Mesa

Portal Reference.

Not game-wise, story-wise, is it? The portal technology Aperture has been building is far more superior to Black Mesa's portal technology. Heck, they are competitors. And GLaDOS stopped being competitive after Black Mesa's destruction, which indicates that Portal takes place after Half-Life 1 a little bit.
And why are they better: Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, otherwise known as ASHPD, or widely known as Portal gun, is, mentioned in it's name, handheld. While Black Mesa's portal is just as clumsy as they can get, come on, a whole chamber! Although this could be wrong: Aperture's need a second, already placed portal in order to travel, while Black Mesa's does not have a pre-build exit(Lambda Core->Xen) so means it's one way. But doesn't need a exit.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Return to Gaming