Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

guncraft open beta

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Re: guncraft open beta

Postby Pvtrex » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 am

Guncraft is a nice game and some people worked hard on it but it's not my cup of tea. Maybe some cod player might see it and be addicted to it but I like the building and strategy aspect of this game. So yeah if you're more of a cod player who wants to boost his k/d try guncraft if you're a bf3 player that likes strategy play aos. But basically guncraft has almost everything on the do not suggest list for aos so I'm guessing people here wouldn't like it.
You just gotta love that feeling when you're using a smg and you flank 3 rifle players huddle together in 1 spot.
Pvtrex

Postby Cyanyde » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 pm

I've played it since Alpha, gotta say it's pretty good and it gets better with each update.
The community is much friendlier and tighter than here or many of the others I've been involved with, though it's still pretty small right now so it's bound to be that way for now.

I have no hate for AoS, aamof, I played this game for quite awhile and I still do, but if I had to choose, I would say I like Guncraft better. My reasons are because of the movement being much more "Quake-like" and smooth, there are things like a hookshot, glider, jetpack and more.. think of games like Just Cause 2 and Prototype in terms of getting around the map, and when it comes to running around, the sprinting and auto-jump, combined with bunny-hopping and physics based movement put it over the top. Also, the devs listen to feedback and suggestions, I've actually had them add things that I and others have suggested, which feels great! :)

I'm not here to try and take players away from AoS. I still consider myself a part of this community and if you look at my post history here, you will see that I am a mature and reasonable member.. just defending Guncraft because I honestly believe the devs are good guys who care about their project and their small but growing community. Trust me, don't knock it until you give it a try!
Cyanyde

Postby Sniper101 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Cyanyde wrote:I've played it since Alpha, gotta say it's pretty good and it gets better with each update.
The community is much friendlier and tighter than here or many of the others I've been involved with, though it's still pretty small right now so it's bound to be that way for now.

I have no hate for AoS, aamof, I played this game for quite awhile and I still do, but if I had to choose, I would say I like Guncraft better. My reasons are because of the movement being much more "Quake-like" and smooth, there are things like a hookshot, glider, jetpack and more.. think of games like Just Cause 2 and Prototype in terms of getting around the map, and when it comes to running around, the sprinting and auto-jump, combined with bunny-hopping and physics based movement put it over the top. Also, the devs listen to feedback and suggestions, I've actually had them add things that I and others have suggested, which feels great! :)

I'm not here to try and take players away from AoS. I still consider myself a part of this community and if you look at my post history here, you will see that I am a mature and reasonable member.. just defending Guncraft because I honestly believe the devs are good guys who care about their project and their small but growing community. Trust me, don't knock it until you give it a try!

I think I've seen you before, aaah yesh...... That's right.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby Oshawott » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Sniper101 wrote:
Cyanyde wrote:I've played it since Alpha, gotta say it's pretty good and it gets better with each update.

I think I've seen you before, aaah yesh...... That's right.

really? THATS HOW YOU THINK ABOUT US!
http://ansiart.com/ the most awesome game!
Oshawott

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:40 pm

I tried it.
But my computer can't run it :(
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby HoboHob » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 am

We have reason to hate GunCraft. Because it takes away money from Ben who has worked hard on this game.

The thing is, Guncraft has more advertising than Ace of Spades. People will see it instead of AoS.

The unfairness and unjustness of it all is quite annoying.

Judging from videos. GunCraft sucks. I can't actually play it because they don't freaking support Dx9 cards -_-.
HoboHob

Postby Aeroclaw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:06 am

HoboHob wrote:We have reason to hate GunCraft. Because it takes away money from Ben who has worked hard on this game.

The thing is, Guncraft has more advertising than Ace of Spades. People will see it instead of AoS.

Judging from videos. GunCraft sucks. I can't actually play it because they don't freaking support Dx9 cards -_-.
Aeroclaw

Location: I live 20 miles away from NIASKA and Scum in Zing Zong Ming Mong Ling Long...

Postby UNDERCOVER » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:12 pm

HoboHob wrote:We have reason to hate GunCraft. Because it takes away money from Ben who has worked hard on this game.

Actually, it could be said that Guncraft is taking away Jagex's money, not Bens. :P
tunaspirit wrote:So AoS is an actual army simulator?
I never knew Marines were fighting THAT much terrorist polaks and brazilians.
UNDERCOVER

Previous

Return to Gaming