Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

|Battlefield Mega-Thread|

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

It's a little late, but what do you think of the latest patch and Armored Kill in general?

It's fricken awesome!
33%
It's ok I guess...
No votes
It's shit.
No votes
24 players on console is like a ghost town.
No votes
M416 :D
No votes
No IR flares in helicopter gunner position!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
No votes
Other (leave a comment)
67%

Total votes : 3

|Battlefield Mega-Thread|

Postby razor10000 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 am

How To Use This Thread:

Because multiple threads are silly, this thread is all about Battlefield, your neighborhood Tactical Squad-Based shooter. You can talk about any game you want to, here, pretty much, and share your thoughts about how awesome Battlefield is. That is all.

Current List Of Battlefield Games:

• Battlefield 1942 & expansions:
    The Road to Rome
    Secret Weapons of WWII
  • Battlefield Vietnam
  • Battlefield 2 & expansions:
    Special Forces
    Euro Forces
    Armored Fury
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
  • Battlefield 2142 & expansion:
    Northern Strike
  • Battlefield: Bad Company
  • Battlefield Heroes
  • Battlefield 1943
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 & expansion:
    Vietnam
  • Battlefield Online
  • Battlefield Play4Free
  • Battlefield 3 & expansions:
    Bark to Karkand
    Close Quarters
    Armored Kill (Only for PS3 ATM)
    Aftermath (Release most likely next year)
    End Game (Release most likely next year)
  • Battlefield 4 (Release most likely next year or year after)

Thread layout from USABxGUNSLINGER. All credit to him.
Last edited by razor10000 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
IGN: Razor
"I don't make dead people, I make home-made tomato sauce that dead people can't bother to lick off their face."- Razor
Click this for free shit!
razor10000

Re: |Battlefield Mega-Thread|

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:54 am

To post a comment here:
Ace of Spades is the most realistic battlefield game. :D
EssigGurkenFred

Postby razor10000 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am

EssigGurkenFred wrote:To post a comment here:

Lol, so true.

M416 MASTER RACE!
"I don't make dead people, I make home-made tomato sauce that dead people can't bother to lick off their face."- Razor
razor10000

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:09 pm

razor10000 wrote:
EssigGurkenFred wrote:To post a comment here:

Lol, so true.

M416 MASTER RACE!

M416 is not OP... It doesn't have a coffee dispenser :D

Eh, anyway, isn't it the Anniversary of Battlefield 1942? The one that started it all?
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Mariokillu » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Battlefield 3 would have to be my favorite. Hopefully I can play it on PC soon. Armored kill comes out tomorrow and it's gonna pretty fucking awesome.

Battlefield Play4Free is the most horrible release bearing the Battlefield name, hence it being free. -.-

All the Bad Companys are pretty awesome.
Mariokillu

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:51 am

Mariokillu wrote:Battlefield 3 would have to be my favorite. Hopefully I can play it on PC soon. Armored kill comes out tomorrow and it's gonna pretty fucking awesome.

Battlefield Play4Free is the most horrible release bearing the Battlefield name, hence it being free. -.-

You're going to LOVE Armorred Kill. I could buy it as a stand-alone game and I would be happy. The main problem is that playing as a Defender in RUSH is just ridiculous. Attackers get AC-130, 1 Air Vehicle(either Attack Chopper or Jet), some 2 tank destroyers, the AMVTRAC(idk the name of that think), and the quads. The Defenders, on the other hand get 1 Air Vehicle, 1 tank destroyer/tank(on some MCOMM sets you get 2 but it is only sometimes), and that's it.
Well, that is at least in PS3. I don't know if the value will change much in PC.
Eh, the AC-130 is wicked. You better take that bitch down or it can duck up your day. It's armour is ass-weak so it shouldn't be a problem for a skilled jet pilot or a small Stinger Squad, but it can really do a big deal of mess in a small time.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby razor10000 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 am

ChaosTLW wrote:
Mariokillu wrote:Battlefield 3 would have to be my favorite. Hopefully I can play it on PC soon. Armored kill comes out tomorrow and it's gonna pretty fucking awesome.

You're going to LOVE Armorred Kill. I could buy it as a stand-alone game and I would be happy. The main problem is that playing as a Defender in RUSH is just ridiculous. Attackers get AC-130, 1 Air Vehicle(either Attack Chopper or Jet), some 2 tank destroyers, the AMVTRAC(idk the name of that think), and the quads. The Defenders, on the other hand get 1 Air Vehicle, 1 tank destroyer/tank(on some MCOMM sets you get 2 but it is only sometimes), and that's it.
Well, that is at least in PS3. I don't know if the value will change much in PC.
Eh, the AC-130 is wicked. You better take that bitch down or it can duck up your day. It's armour is ass-weak so it shouldn't be a problem for a skilled jet pilot or a small Stinger Squad, but it can really do a big deal of mess in a small time.

Armored Kill is going to be awesome! I don't have Premium though :( I might get it :)
razor10000

Postby Mariokillu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:58 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:

Tried it this morning and the maps are awesome. They did just release it, there is going to be problems. A big problem I noticed is you can take down a 100% health Gunship by ramming a jet into it. Sure, it's realistic but the Gunship is probably going 5 times slower than a jet would, don't you think it should somewhat tank ramming from jets?
Mariokillu

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Mariokillu wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:

Tried it this morning and the maps are awesome. They did just release it, there is going to be problems. A big problem I noticed is you can take down a 100% health Gunship by ramming a jet into it. Sure, it's realistic but the Gunship is probably going 5 times slower than a jet would, don't you think it should somewhat tank ramming from jets?

Yeah, you are right. I, myself, would make it be destroyed or not depending on where the Jet hits. Wings would be weaker and would be left down to 15% or 20%, while the main body would only get down to 40% or 50% if a jet hits.

btw, it is really easy to destroy it with the Chopper. Just place a couple of HS on him and then a volley or two of the Default Rockets and the AC-130 is a gonner.
Also, try to play with Attack Chopper without using Heat Seekers. It is SO MUCH FUN to destroy enemy Choppers with the rockets! And they go down so easily too! It gives the enemy almost no change to escape, so it is usually a guaranteed double kill. If it wasn't for the AC-130(it is much easier and faster to alternate between shooting HSs and Rockets) I think I could roll with no Heat Seekers at all.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:56 pm

I would really love to play Battlefield 3, too... But I can´t get my graphic card running because my power supply got a crash and now there can´t get enough power through to run it :O And if I want to get a new power supply I have to pay about 50 - 70 €. Only to see how my PC crashes totaly in a year. :D
EssigGurkenFred

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 pm

EssigGurkenFred wrote:I would really love to play Battlefield 3, too... But I can´t get my graphic card running because my power supply got a crash and now there can´t get enough power through to run it :O And if I want to get a new power supply I have to pay about 50 - 70 €. Only to see how my PC crashes totaly in a year. :D

Well, that's one of the (only) advantages of a console: You know it can run any game designed for it, and it can be quite cheap compared to some top-line gaming PCs.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Yeah... I have already thought about buying a console... but then I need my own TV, too. And this isn´t really cheap. (I am still at scool.)
EssigGurkenFred

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 pm

EssigGurkenFred wrote:Yeah... I have already thought about buying a console... but then I need my own TV, too. And this isn´t really cheap. (I am still at scool.)

If I'm not mistaken some computer monitors are compatible with consoles(with the plus that you won't have the input lag some people suffer in BF3). Is there any TV at all in your home? Here me and my mother share the same TV. Of course it is not always a peaceful share but it is most of the time quite worth it lol
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah. We have one TV at home :D But I have to share it, too. With my mother my two sisters and my brother! (This is one of the main reasons why I am more at my PC then on TV) :D But yeah, we are going off topic.
EssigGurkenFred

Postby razor10000 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 am

Added poll. Get voting!
razor10000

Next

Return to Gaming