Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Quick-Scoping Debate.

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Is Quick-Scoping fair?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes : 39

Quick-Scoping Debate.

Postby Frostified » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:38 pm

I thought it'd be an interesting topic to discuss and debate over.

Is Quick-Scoping fair?
I for one don't have much of a problem against it, I do have one qualm regarding it though; I hate how QS or it's fans talk about standard sniping in a derogatory way, by calling it "Hard-Scoping". Almost like normal sniping is weird and odd, even though it's thanks to that QS exists.
But yeah, otherwise I don't get too bugged about it.

EDIT: added poll.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Re: Quick-Scoping Debate.

Postby Carnage » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:51 pm

While my computer was broken, I spent a lot of time on MW3. The community on that game is 50% made up of QS'ers, and it annoys the hell out of me. They can just walk up a flight of stairs, scope in, then out, and fire, and do the same thing for every enemy near their position. They've got the tactics of range (hard-scoping) with the tactics of close-range (quick-scoping), making them hard to beat. One shot, one kill, as usual, in the game with a sniper. And it's ridiculous how much it's being encouraged.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby Frostified » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Treyarch tried to get rid of it, and I support them in that. Infinity Ward decided to keep it though just so that they wouldn't lose too much of their fanbase; in short: they wanted to make money.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby ugotpiez » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 am

A common tactic that devs use against quick-scoping is having the Zoom in Twice thing. So you'll have to click another time if you wanna get out of the scope.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby Aeroclaw » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:27 am

Or the click in, normal snipe, like aos uses, where you click and zoom in.
Aeroclaw

Location: I live 20 miles away from NIASKA and Scum in Zing Zong Ming Mong Ling Long...

Postby TheSifodias » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:43 am

I despise quick scoping because it is basically an exploit of limitations of video games. Would you QS in real life with an Barret? No, the recoil from the gun combined with fast movements would probably blow off your shoulder. But since video-gamers don't feel recoil pain, they easily take advantage of the increased accuracy due to QS.
Due to this, a common tactic of many games has been to repeatedly freak people out through QS'ing and disappearing and reappearing again. So now sniper has become the most overpowered class of all time, even in AOS.
Saying QS is fair is saying like spam-crouching in AOS is fair.
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby SRL » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:48 am

CoD fuels this. That's my one problem with the series. Quickscope promotion. Like Sifo said, there's no way you could pull off a quickscope IRL without either killing yourself or severely crippling and wounding yourself. (and even if you lived after losing your shooting arm, you'd probably bleed to death fairly quickly, or flat out die from pain) Besides, IRL, you're either far off on a hill, deep in a forest or using your pistol when the job is done. How to reduce in CoD? 2-stage zoom or all guns bolt action.
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby razor10000 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:23 am

Frostified wrote:Treyarch tried to get rid of it, and I support them in that. Infinity Ward decided to keep it though just so that they wouldn't lose too much of their fanbase; in short: they wanted to make money.

CoD has a huge fanbase so it wouldn't hurt to lose a bit of fans just to get rid of a serious problem.

I actually really hate QS as well, but most people take it as a gift since it is a technique to get used to. It's really not fair on most of the other people who like to play for fun. I don't really mind it that much, but that's because I don't often come against QScopers on my CoD games. It's also the fact that I play Battlefield 3 a lot, and it's like almost impossible to do so in such a realistic game.
IGN: Razor
"I don't make dead people, I make home-made tomato sauce that dead people can't bother to lick off their face."- Razor
Click this for free shit!
razor10000

Postby Carnage » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am

As I said in my first post, about 50% of the fanbase are quickscopers, so that'd be like reducing the fanbase to half of what it is now. That's a lot, regardless of how many people are in the fanbase essentially. They don't want to lose money, though, so they kept QS'ing as a newb tactic to keep those QS'ers. Reducing their fanbase by half is reducing their funding by half, which basically means in the end, they won't have enough money to continue making Call of Duty games. No MW4, no BO3. Nothing.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby Mehrunes » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:14 pm

I just realized that I sub-consciously quick scope even though I never even played a single Call of Duty game..
I am Mehrunes, and I will be the one to reign victorious over you!... In bed.
Mehrunes
[SPQR] Member

Postby tunaspirit » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Mehrunes wrote:I just realized that I sub-consciously quick scope even though I never even played a single Call of Duty game..

Reflexes or quick-Scoping?

That is question......
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby xXxGpridexXx » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 pm

TheSifodias wrote:I despise quick scoping because it is basically an exploit of limitations of video games. Would you QS in real life with an Barret? No, the recoil from the gun combined with fast movements would probably blow off your shoulder. But since video-gamers don't feel recoil pain, they easily take advantage of the increased accuracy due to QS.
Due to this, a common tactic of many games has been to repeatedly freak people out through QS'ing and disappearing and reappearing again. So now sniper has become the most overpowered class of all time, even in AOS.
Saying QS is fair is saying like spam-crouching in AOS is fair.

I kinda agree with you, But on behalf of the AoS part, some people watch youtube commentators play AoS and eventually bring codfegs in the game and they build shit like diving boards to trickshot off of. I recently experienced this a day or two ago.
Join [TRE] Today!

BE THE LEAF!

<+Fleischy> I love buttwalking

IGN: [TRE]Gpride.

RAAASSSEEEENNGAAAAN!!

FLOW FTW!
xXxGpridexXx

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 am

unless your perfectly fine with mega camping, quick scoping is 100% ok in most games. if not, snipers kinda have to camp at long distances and be hard to hit and see, other wise they are a load of under poweredness.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Mariokillu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Quick Scoping is only as fair as the person doing it.
Mariokillu

Postby MrMeow » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 am

There is no skill in pointing and clicking.
This is why snipers should only OHK for headshots.
If someone was effective quick scoping IRL, I'd be impressed.
ImageImage

<@StackOverflow> lets not get frisky here

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Next

Return to Gaming