Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Artillery suggestion

Got a great new idea for the game?

Artillery suggestion

Postby Marxist » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:44 pm

After a certain number of kills (below 8) you can spawn a cannon, which can be operated by 1 person.
Basically it shoots 2 round a second, has the blast radius of 2 grenades, the same damage&Shrapnel as a grenade, and has 60 rounds (30 seconds of glory)
If this is implemented, then players won't have to constantly reload their grenades, and charge through large, open maps only to get shredded to cheese by sum-machine gunners and riflemen, and then turned to swiss cheese by shotgunners. This should be 1 kill below airstrike (spree incouraging), so it's not too common, but it still is easy to get, and now players will be able to offer front-line support to their buddies.
Downsides:
is fixed place, can be destroyed in 2 SMG clips, 2 Rifle clips, 6 shotgun bursts 3 grenades or 1-3 rockets (assuming those come out).
IGN: Groendland
Marxist

Re: Artillery suggestion

Postby MuOa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:56 pm

I think this seems a bit far in the OP end of the pool. Artillery (possibly in the form of mortars) is an interesting idea, but a rapid-fire cannon with a large blast radius is just another way to spam like no tomorrow, even if it's only limited to 30 seconds.
^click
MuOa

Re: Artillery suggestion

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:57 am

Is it just me or can you guys imagine hackers spamming this non-stop? Which would not be fun. However I like the idea of a slow mortar, or artillary cannon. Takes awhile to reload and may or may not take two people to operate (two people encourages teamwork).
Contrary to popular belief on AoS, it actually IS possible to get a headshot WITHOUT hacking. Who would've guessed?
Socrates

Return to Game