Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The only realistic weapon we should add to AoS

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: The only realistic weapon we should add to AoS

Postby Gorman » Wed May 30, 2012 3:07 pm

littlejediowen wrote:I find the rifle's scatter to be perfect, makes sniping challenging, but not overly-infuriating

Challenging? More like random...

Sniping is mostly luck now days. It is very annoying taking 5 shots perfectly centered on a player's head, but because of bad luck the bullets just don't hit. Ace of Spaces shouldn't be a dice game.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby wheelz » Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Gorman wrote:Ace of Spaces shouldn't be a dice game.

Its a bit ironic seeing that the ace of spades is a card used for gambling and thats all about luck.
But I dont want a sniper coz the accuracy of the semi will be fixed in the next up date, I think.
wheelz

Postby killerpenguin » Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 pm

The only realistic weapon we should add to AoS is a deployable heavy machine gun and a pistol (also mortar, but I'll leave that one alone since I've seen some pretty good suggestions for a mortar out there).

HMG: Same accuracy and damage as rifle. Has a 50 round magazine, with two extra magazines. Takes 3 hits on a block to destroy it. It fires slightly slower than the SMG. Recoil is very high, like that of the SMG. However, its weakness is that it is deployable. It takes 2 seconds to deploy and pick back up. Also, before use, the player must wait 1 second - the "readying time" of the weapon. It also has a 2 second reload time. The carrier of the HMG also has the limitation of not being able to carry any other weapon except a pistol (see below). Also, the HMG carrier only has 25 blocks and has no grenades.
This makes the HMG class extremely defensive. It is good at tying down key locations but is bulky to move around and the carrier is very vulnerable. Also, the carrier must rely on others to build fortifications.

Pistol: 60 head damage, 30 body damage, and 15 leg damage. Fires slightly faster than the rifle. Has 7 rounds in a magazine and 14 extra. It also has the accuracy of the .54 rifle. It has the recoil per shot of the SMG - it fires slower, so there is less recoil overall. The idea is that it is decent in last-ditch scenarios but will be outclassed by almost any weapon in any situation other than a desperate last stand at a fortified position.
killerpenguin

Postby pokefan548 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 pm

A: Rifle with custom scope.
B: If you have to worry about bullet spread, your game must have a horrendous bug or the server you're playing on has special rules. (pyspades)

To satisfy people until, heaven help, they actually DO make an official sniper rifle, I'll give you all custom scopes. A bit of practice and you'll see spread-wise all the lines the SMG scope represent. As for the rifle scope, blue is the mid-range likeliness of bullet spread, green is the unlikely chance of bullet spread, and beyond the red line is impossible to reach by any means (except turning).
Attachments
P548 lenses.zip
ICU
(93.61 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
pokefan548

Postby ThalilPwny » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:22 am

lehma18 wrote:..WTF is going on?

Rifle isn't pinpoint-accurate, hasn't been since custom maps and SMG was introduced. Yes, it's bit of a gample if you hit people in fog-range or not, but i have noticed that when you move the ironshight slightly to right-side of enemy's head, i seem to hit them more often.

Yes, that's because if you go into the file for the rifle sight, it's actually slightly off. I fixed mine so it's now dead-center. Very accurate.
ThalilPwny

Postby Dannyboy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 am

i think i know the answer : nobody likes the fog so maybe its like or just turn it off somehow u can make a fog less scope (x3 x6 x42 or more or less whatever u like ) without zoom its foggy but when zoomed then there's no fog
Dannyboy

Postby Moonkey » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 am

Quit posting here please, this suggest is useless since 0.76 is getting back the 100% accurate rifles. So no need to add anymore posts.
Space Inspader
Moonkey

Previous

Return to Game