Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

"Construction Blocks"

Got a great new idea for the game?

A, B, or C? (Or no)

A
11%
B
39%
C
39%
No
11%

Total votes : 18

"Construction Blocks"

Postby Articsledder » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

In my other suggestion I mentioned "Construction Blocks". That suggestion is a little unlikely, but if any part of it made it into the game I would want it to be Construction blocks.

Construction blocks would simply have twice the strength of normal blocks. The entire map, unless the map-maker specifies, would be made of regular blocks.

Construction blocks enter your backpack through a certain task, similar to how the MMG and RPG will work.

Now, there are several options available.

A: Players must mine up construction blocks.
B: Players spawn with them but must collect more by mining them
C: Players spawn with them, can mine them, and can get them from the tent.

Please vote!
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Re: "Construction Blocks"

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Well, I'd rather see the strength of blocks in general increased, but heck, I don't see why not.
+1
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby dabluechimp » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:Well, I'd rather see the strength of blocks in general increased, but heck, I don't see why not.
+1

same here and i like this idea also
I'm to lazy to make a signature
dabluechimp

Postby someotherguy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:48 pm

I'd say c, wouldn't force ppl to refresh the old maps with these blocks just so this aspect can be used.

Otherwise, stronger blocks for the good of humanity!
someotherguy

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:14 am

Mining only introduces an annoying grinding concept into the game no one wants, plus you have to consider the horrible maps with not a lot of blocks to begin with, introducing the problem of pseudo-nonrenewable resources. Plus there should be more reasons to actually return to the tent, seeing as its our mother base and all.
Fluttershy

Postby someotherguy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Fluttershy wrote:Mining only introduces an annoying grinding concept into the game no one wants, plus you have to consider the horrible maps with not a lot of blocks to begin with, introducing the problem of pseudo-nonrenewable resources. Plus there should be more reasons to actually return to the tent, seeing as its our mother base and all.

Agreed, the point of destroying blocks should be simply to transform the shape of the map into something that helps your team more in capturing the intel (or any other mission), not to grind materials for building.
someotherguy

Postby ugotpiez » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 am

Considering some maps have 0 naturally destroyable blocks, I'd go with C, but I wouldn't mind block strength being upped as part of the game, either.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Return to Game