Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Would you buy Ace of Spades?

For all things AoS!

Would you buy Ace of Spades?

Yes
33%
No
37%
Maybe
30%

Total votes : 204

Re: Would you buy Ace of Spades?

Postby Sniper101 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:49 pm

UNDERCOVER wrote:
CobaltCloud wrote:They are adding an MMG, an RPG, helicopters, health and ammo crates, a snazy new title screen, and a name change thats automatic (hopefully automatic). So there will be plenty new toys for it to be worth the buy.
The helicopter was just a placeholder, we are not getting it in 1.0

;_; I liked the idea of camping helicopters in pinpoint.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby LiteNite » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Edit: Actually nvm I wouldn't pay.
Last edited by LiteNite on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiteNite

Postby jdrewlowery » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:41 pm

i said maybe . you guys say you have been working on something but i havent seen an update in weeks . atleast just give us what you have so far
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby henman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:39 pm

I said yes but now i say maybe. who would make a game pay to play after its been over a year free? apparently ben. there is nothing wrong with it its just people who have loved the game so much and been a part of the AoS community will boycott it in a way if u catch my drift. People will stop playing and people will get angry and not even save up to pay. Idk about paying. Maybe Ben will change his mind. also i don't really think votes thru. i want maybe but i said yes. I'm a dumb beaver. :D
signed - henman
henman

Postby Moonkey » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:06 pm

henman wrote:I said yes but now i say maybe. who would make a game pay to play after its been over a year free? apparently ben. there is nothing wrong with it its just people who have loved the game so much and been a part of the AoS community will boycott it in a way if u catch my drift. People will stop playing and people will get angry and not even save up to pay. Idk about paying. Maybe Ben will change his mind. also i don't really think votes thru. i want maybe but i said yes. I'm a dumb beaver. :D

The "engine"(the one he's using now) he used to make AoS didn't let people sell it commercially. THAT'S why It has been free. So be glad he used that instead of OpenGL in the first place.
Space Inspader
Moonkey

Postby KushSlayer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 am

I wouldn't, and I will give 4 reasons: Assaultcube, BZflag, Urban Terror, and Project Reality (although this one is a mod so you need to buy Battlefield 2), all of these are free games. Assaultcube and Urban Terror are similar to Ace of Spades in that they took an older game engine and made a game in it (Urban Terror being in the Quake III engine and Assaultcube being in the Cube engine) and in Assaultcube extensively modified the engine in the process. In BZflag the developers actually completely made their own game engine in the process. In Project Reality many developers have put countless hours into making the game and still provide it for free. I can't see paying ~$10 dollars for this game when the other games I listed are available for free.

EDIT:
I forgot that the source game engine is now free with TF2 being free to play, this adds games such as Battle Grounds (a revolutionary war FPS), Empires (kind of a free Battlefield 1942/2/2142 style game), Insurgency, and WWI Source (kind of dead now though).
Last edited by KushSlayer on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
KushSlayer

Postby KushSlayer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 am

double post
KushSlayer

Postby SIMOX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm

KushSlayer wrote:double post

Don't double post please.

Also why u think Ben and Mat shouldn't get profit from this game? Cuz Giant Company like Valve made TF2 F2P? Cuz some people had their own reasons why they released their games for free?

They want to get something for the hard work and i think there is nothing wrong with that.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Postby CobaltCloud » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 pm

I agree. Why would'nt you pay since this game has entertained you for hours and is still in development? It can only get better. Thats like slapping Ben in the face and saying "this game sucks because its $10! I am going to stop playing before its even a finnished game!"
IGN:[Delta]Cloud
CobaltCloud
[DELTA] Member

Postby Marxist » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:27 pm

probably, if I could afford it, and if I didn't have to have a credit card.
IGN: Groendland
Marxist

Postby KushSlayer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

SIMOX wrote:
KushSlayer wrote:double post

Don't double post please.

Also why u think Ben and Mat shouldn't get profit from this game? Cuz Giant Company like Valve made TF2 F2P? Cuz some people had their own reasons why they released their games for free?

They want to get something for the hard work and i think there is nothing wrong with that.

First of all, double posts aren't really controllable so there is nothing I can do about that. Second of all, I listed 7 games that I play a lot that people developed and released for free and don't require a previous purchase and one that does, I did not include any F2P games that I play such as TF2 or Tribes, only reason I mentioned TF2 is with it going F2P the source engine is now free making all of the games people made for it available without having to purchase a game made in the source game engine. I don't have any problem with them wanting to charge for this game, I'm just saying that if they do I won't buy it and will play one of the over 10 other games that I play.

CobaltCloud wrote:I agree. Why would'nt you pay since this game has entertained you for hours and is still in development? It can only get better. Thats like slapping Ben in the face and saying "this game sucks because its $10! I am going to stop playing before its even a finnished game!"

I won't pay because I can still get hours of entertainment out of the other games that I play, not because this game sucks (although I do think that $10 would be a ridiculous price to ask for it in its current form, but I have heard that they are fixing a lot of the problems with it), plus there are always more source mods on ModDB if I ever do get bored with any of my games.
KushSlayer

Postby JoeCoolAce » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:25 am

no i will not buy it ...

there is now to many aimbot player and hackers ...
i ran a server for many nights and i was amazed to see how much try to login has admin and/or use aimbots ...

this game is even nearly not playable now ...
to bad it was fun !
JoeCoolAce

Postby CodenameD » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 pm

For me to actually buy this game the following conditions has to be come true-

(1) Retail edition. Am sorry, but I don't pay for what I don't get to touch. Highly unlikely in the near future.
(2) Solid Anti-cheat methods. And I mean not a single hacking at all! Never. Ever.
(3) More features. I don't want it to copy battlefield or CoD bit-to-bit but new game modes and vehicles would be interesting.
(4) Absolutely revamped interface and HUD. I want to see a Main menu with settings options, an integrated server browser and a server hosting option. More friendly HUD with an easier way to pull off airstrikes at the very least.
(5) LAN support. There are times I want to take a break away from the rest of the world and play with just my friends. Bots as a single player replacement would be cool too!
(6) More active servers and possibly 64 player support would definitely make me rethink about it. However, if it turns pay-to-play soon, it might drive potential players away.
(7) Although there are much better looking games than this out there available for FREE, I'd not mind to pay the maker. However it must be equal to or less than the $10 mark. Again, online transactions and digital distributions will drive me away.

It would be very cool if Ben would just keep a reduced-edition of AoS with a simple CTF gameplay or as it stands right now, for free. That would magnet new players and hopefully we can find even more active servers someday.
CodenameD

Postby ElFizbanio » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:52 pm

CodenameD wrote:For me to actually buy this game the following conditions has to be come true-

(1) Retail edition. Am sorry, but I don't pay for what I don't get to touch. Highly unlikely in the near future.
(2) Solid Anti-cheat methods. And I mean not a single hacking at all! Never. Ever.
(3) More features. I don't want it to copy battlefield or CoD bit-to-bit but new game modes and vehicles would be interesting.
(4) Absolutely revamped interface and HUD. I want to see a Main menu with settings options, an integrated server browser and a server hosting option. More friendly HUD with an easier way to pull off airstrikes at the very least.
(5) LAN support. There are times I want to take a break away from the rest of the world and play with just my friends. Bots as a single player replacement would be cool too!
(6) More active servers and possibly 64 player support would definitely make me rethink about it. However, if it turns pay-to-play soon, it might drive potential players away.
(7) Although there are much better looking games than this out there available for FREE, I'd not mind to pay the maker. However it must be equal to or less than the $10 mark. Again, online transactions and digital distributions will drive me away.

It would be very cool if Ben would just keep a reduced-edition of AoS with a simple CTF gameplay or as it stands right now, for free. That would magnet new players and hopefully we can find even more active servers someday.

1. Retail editions can break easily, disappear or just get corrupt. It also costs money to make a retail edition so it wouldn't be smart for a small game like AoS.
2. There will always be hacks, nothing nobody can change about it, but anti-cheat methods could be medicore atleast.
3. You shouldn't except that much from a game that has been in development for a year. Making NEW features would take time and money.
4. That's in the making you know.
5. There is a basic LAN mode. Coding a bot would also take money and time, it also is a multiplayer game so, shh.
6. You really should do your research because a 64 player mode is planned and they will get new players from the Jagex/Runescape community
7. iirc there aren't games around that are voxlap, multiplayer and let you destroy the surroundings and make other people butthurt.

- Please do your goddamn research first!
Check out my AAR as I conquer @
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15676&start=15#p239457
ElFizbanio

Postby shywolf91 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 pm

As of right now I wouldn't buy it. The game is too glitchy and has a lot of hackers and greifers. If they do release they should disable the switch team function during a game.
shywolf91

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion