Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Map Making Tools Script

Having problems creating a map? Ask around in here.

Map Making Tools Script

Postby Yourself » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:33 am

Download
I recommend that you are the only one on the server when using this script. Some of the commands can cause quite a bit of lag and may take a while to run.

mapmakingtools.py is a script to help make maps in game.

Blocks are selected using the spade tool.

Commands
Name
/mirror mirrorx mirrory
Description:
Changes on one side of the map will be reflected on the other side of the map.
Parameters
mirrorx: Boolean. If this is set to True, then any changes made on one side of the map will be horizontally reflected on the other side of the map
mirrory: Boolean. If this is set to True, then any changes made on one side of the map will be vertically reflected on the other side of the map.

Name
/tunnel radius length zoffset
Desciption: Select a block by using the spade. This will create a semicircular tunnel that runs in the same direction that you are facing.
Parameters
radius: The desired radius in blocks of the tunnel. The actual diameter will end up being 2r+1 (due to the need for a single block to be selected to make the tunnel)
length: How long the tunnel runs
zoffset: An optional parameter. If given, the tunnel will be offset vertically by the given amount (note that a zoffset value > 0 will move the tunnel DOWN)

Name
/insert
Description: Select two blocks and a rectangular prism will be created based on these two blocks. The color will be determined by what color you have selected.

Name
/delete
Description: Select two blocks and and any blocks in the rectangular prism formed by the two selected blocks will be removed.

Name
/pattern copies
Description: Select two blocks and any blocks will in the invisible rectangular prism formed by your selection will be copied vertically the given number of copies. Make one floor of a skyscraper, and then use the pattern tool to automagically make all the other floors.
Parameters
copies: The number of times that the pattern should be copied upwards.

Name
/hollow thickness
Description: Hollows out any structures that are in the invisible rectangular prism formed by two selected blocks. The greater the thickness, the longer the script will take to run. Also this is probably the slowest function in the script, so use with caution.
Parameters
thickness: An optional parameter. The thickness determines how thick the walls of the hollowed structure will be. The default thickness is 1. Note that the insides of the structures with thicknesses greater than 1 will have nice brown walls on the inside.
I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.
Yourself

Re: Map Making Tools Script

Postby matpow2 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Could this go back into the pyspades wiki (under Scripts)? Thanks a lot.
matpow2
Site Admin

Postby TheGrandmaster » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:55 pm

This sounds very useful, gonna have to try it.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dany0 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:16 pm

I wish you could make floating blocks with it too :S But it's one hell of a relief. Great job spacewebguy.
Dany0

Postby TheGrandmaster » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Just used it in making a new map - shall be released in the next couple of days.
I really like the tool. Combined with hompy's rapid.py, it's a very nice way to make buildings, provided you remember to do lowest in one corner and highest point in opposite corner.

One idea for extending it.. it seemed that tunnel creation could only be along x or y - if that could be made so tunnels could be in the direction you were facing while hitting the block, it would be even better.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby PXYC » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:33 am

tGM:
Can't wait, your maps are great for clan matches and small gathers.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby Krooper » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:56 am

Awesome! Soooooooooo-... (1 bil of 'o's) ...-oooooooooooooooo useful, ima use it for makin' ma map :3
Last edited by Krooper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Postby jojoestinky » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:36 pm

What a neat idea, thanks Yourself!
jojoestinky
[C.H] Member

Postby Fangedbeast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:18 pm

link is dead :(
VOTE YES FOR A BUDDY SYSTEM AND FIRST PERSON SPECTATION!
http://bit.ly/HoykPd

IGN: FangedBeast@Sw

Stormwind's CTF Server:
aos://483394606:32887

Stormwind's Melee Server:
aos://483394606:32885

Fangedbeast

Postby Dany0 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Dany0

Return to Mapping Help