Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

A Night to Remember - THE TITANIC

Post your masterpieces in here!

Re: A Night to Remember - THE TITANIC

Postby AEM » Tue May 15, 2012 6:25 pm

NestoFlo wrote:
BuffetOfLies wrote:Me too! Sadly so many servers seem to stick with basic maps like pinpoint. Not a heckuva lot I can do about that.

We shouldn't forget the fact that it was amazing to make <3
Though it was tested it is ungriefable causes so much lag if it falls down

Well the lag can be a way for someone to slow down or possibly crash a server. Someone should host a private match.
AEM

Postby ferido14 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:29 pm

i downloaded and dragged it in right boxes how do i get onto it?
ferido14

Postby Stiivais » Thu May 31, 2012 1:14 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
CraftDinur wrote:that would be funny if someone made a whole 5 hour video re-enacting the entire Titanic movie on Ace of Spades using this map :P

dat

dat + 1 + charatherz limitashun
how large cast would this movie need?
Also: shutting up because i have caused some annoyances lately.
Stiivais

Postby ei8htx » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:39 am

Buffet, How did import such a large object into VOXED? (I'm assuming this is the way you went). KVX and VOX are limited to 256 blocks long, and the ship looks at least over 300 counting grid squares.

I know you can bring a KV6 (up to 1024) into VOXED but it only saves it as an object, and doesn't show in the .vxl file.

I'm working on a map with the Circus Maximus as a sketchup file to 3DS to VOX, but ran into this problem.

Any bit of wisdom is appreciated, thanks!
ei8htx

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 am

I believe they cut it down to smaller chunks
Ki11aWi11

Postby BuffetOfLies » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah. I had to load the model into Voxed, then delete about half of it while making sure none of it was touching the ground level (ie floating), and then save it as a KV6 file with the F7 command (while pointing the cursor at a point on the object you want to save). Then I had to repeat it with the OTHER half of the ship. If you don't delete enough of it it won't save, so it's a bit of a hit or miss to get it just right. I can't remember exactly what dimensions. I think I was aiming for 128 blocks or maybe 256... something like that. (It doesn't need to be precise. If there's overlap that's fine when you rejoin the two halves of the object later. But editing the two halves seperately in Slab6 was annoying.) Then load that KV6 into slab, edit it, and then save that as a KVX so you can load it back into voxed, in pieces, which you fit back together. It was a pain in the ass. Why did I do this? Because of the differing block limitations in the different editors. You have a good eye in noticing that the Titanic model is, in fact, like 320 blocks long or something like that. It was the only way I could make the ship truly as big as it could be. I would have made it even bigger but needed to maintain it's proportions relative to the AoS height limitations being only 64 blocks.

As for loading a KV6 into Voxed, you can do it. But it has it's limitations. You need to place a block where you want to object, as a placeholder, and then while pointing the cursor at that block (i think) you add the kv6. Then I think you hit insert. Unfortunately as soon as you do that the object will become HALF the resolution it was. Why? Hell if I know why. You're better off just converting it to a KVX in Slab6 and importing it normally.
BuffetOfLies

Postby ei8htx » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Awesome, thnx for the insight. I never would've thought of cutting down the kv6 in voxed and resaving the object in smaller chunks for conversion.

I was thinking I'd have to cut it in half in google sketchup. This sounds much better. Thanks again.
ei8htx

Postby IronShotGun » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 pm

BuffetOfLies wrote: UNGRIEFABLE! !

I love this map, so many rooms, and areas to explore, I just have to say, I was able to grief the ship down to a floating 1 block high land mass. :), very nice work though, one of my favorites.
Latest Game Play : http://i.imgur.com/mUzcK.png
uvs wrote:360n0sc0pewEedSmokEHeAdShotToThEBalLs everyone.
IronShotGun

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm

IronShotGun wrote:
BuffetOfLies wrote: UNGRIEFABLE! !

I love this map, so many rooms, and areas to explore, I just have to say, I was able to grief the ship down to a floating 1 block high land mass. :), very nice work though, one of my favorites.

In our playtesting, on Pyspades, we griefed the entire ship at the waterline and the entire thing just hung there in the air. It was weird because, as far as we could see it was there, but you couldn't hit any of the hanging blocks or jump up on it. It was like a ghost ship! Kind of creepy, actually. Glad you like it though.
BuffetOfLies

Postby LJ123211 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:11 pm

You should another map of the titantic but with it sinking
[LoS]SNPR
Proud founder and leader of The League of Snipers Clan-[LoS]

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Wanna join [LoS]? Here's a link!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15177

Endreo2013 (green): SNPR AIMBOT
LJ123211

Previous