Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Got Global Banned? Read This

Have a problem? Ask here.

Got Global Banned? Read This

Postby USABxBOOYO » Tue May 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey,

This is just a quick "help guide" to read if you were globally banned.

What is the GBL? the GBL (Global Black List) does exactly what it sounds like. It bans you from every single server that has the blacklist sync enabled (enabled by default, around 102 servers or so at this time of writing). Look in the bottom right corner for where it says "Ban Status - [Banned, Normal]". Hopefully, it says normal, because if it says "Banned", you're on the blacklist.

You can check whether or not you are banned here: http://blacklist.spadille.net/

Q: Why was I added to the GBL?

A: The most common reason that a player is added to the Global Blacklist is because of hacking. This can be in the form of speedhacking, aimbotting, ESPing, really anything that would put you at an advantage over other players making the game unfair. There are other reasons that you could be banned, however. You could be banned for spamming, evading a previous GBL ban, or another reason that a blacklist admin deems appropriate.

Q: What if I'm just a good player?

A:If you are submitted to the GBL, it means that you've been investigated thoroughly by a trusted member of the community. They may or may not have supplied proof (video, screenshot, etc). Just explain your situation, and don't try to cover it up with lies. Truth is the most important thing for sure when you are appealing your ban.

Q: But I didn't actually do anything wrong. Where should I go for help?

A: There are a number of things you can do, but the first and most important thing to remember is to be polite, calm and patient. Getting angry at people will not help your case, and will most likely get you in even further trouble.

First off all, submit a written appeal from the Global Blacklist page (http://blacklist.spadille.net). You can also join #aos.gbl (Direct link: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=%23AoS.gbl) and ask for assistance there, but don't be rude. The admins are usually quite busy, so don't get angry if they don't respond right away. IRC doesn't stand for "Instant Response Chat", after all.

Be sure to use your ingame name as your nick in the IRC to avoid any confusion.

Q: My appeal failed, will I ever be able to play AoS again?

A: The answer to this is not definite, and depends on a number of variables. What can help you is don't evade your ban purposely under any circumstances. You might find after talking to some of the admins that your permanent ban can be reduced in length. But know this: If you hack again after your ban has been lifted, you will get permanently banned, no appeals, no questions asked.

P.S Thank you to PXYC and ReubenMcHawk for posting your suggestions below

Originally posted by Defaulter. He requested that the OP to be changed to a staff member.
Last edited by Defaulter on Thu May 10, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Re: Got Global Banned? Read This

Postby Riri » Thu May 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Nice guide.
Even though i haven't been GBL this is a really good guide.
By speaking to admins, what do you mean?
Hey
Riri

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Thu May 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Riri wrote:Nice guide.
Even though i haven't been GBL this is a really good guide.
By speaking to admins, what do you mean?

He means going through the appeal processes of either the one on the website, or through speaking to an admin at #AoS.gbl.
ReubenMcHawk

Postby hindos » Fri May 11, 2012 3:54 am

When saw this I thought it was going to be one of those illegit hack threads, luckily not :D . Great guide and very true points, keeping your cool is the most important thing. Very occasionaly there may be a communication error or a mistake.
hindos

Postby G33KSaraH » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am

Very helpful to my friend again thanks.
G33KSaraH

Postby amezazoro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:47 am

umm i got global banned but idk when i got banned i haven't played for months when i stopped playing i was not banned and when I re downloaded the game and try to get in it just keeps saying im banned
amezazoro

Postby Rachitic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:42 am

What do you mean by "check the bottom left"? I don't see anything that says "ban status"

But do you mean the bottom right on the GBL?
If you do mean that spot, I'm still banned from every server and it says:
"Blacklist Status - Normal - 174.114.148.13
You do not appear to be on the blacklist."

I made sure it was my correct IP as well
Rachitic

Postby PXYC » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:50 am

Rachitic wrote:What do you mean by "check the bottom left"? I don't see anything that says "ban status"

Yes, you were banned for cheating under the name "Kodinsky". In the bottom right, it should say "Banned" now because there was an issue. Go ahead and appeal.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby Kodinsky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 am

Rachitic wrote:What do you mean by "check the bottom left"? I don't see anything that says "ban status"

Next time you try to aimbot troll with your friend, do it smartly. From what I know, you and your friend were permabanned from the Komrade server, then the aloha botting.. Aimbotting aloha under "Korakoff" and "Kodinsky" blatantly isn't a good way to get revenge. You got what you deserve.
Love, Kodinsky <3
Don't get mad.
Kodinsky
Komrade Leader

Postby JedidiahDuck » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:00 am

Hello, my name Is ~Jed, and I'm on the global blacklist. Okay, so I'm going to be completely honest, and admit it. I was hacking, and cheating. I'm not going to lie about it. I just recently got into the game, and I fairly enjoyed it, and took a break from minecraft for it. A few days ago, my friend told me there was hacks. Being the stupid person I am, I have to get it. So, I did. I also gave it to my friend, Nickwilsonmusic. Anyways... I'm going to get down to it. I'm actually here not to ask to get taken off, but to apologize. I know what I did was unfair, and I shouldn't have done it. I'm not usually like this, and I don't know what got into me. The game was a favorite the minute I played it. I don't expect to be unbanned, but I just ask of you guys to look down in your heart to forgive me. I truly am sorry. I was an idiot. -Jedidiah
JedidiahDuck

Postby PXYC » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Jed, you should appeal at the official Global Blacklist website (link in the topic).

PXYC
Local Mod

Postby JedidiahDuck » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:40 am

But I was banned for the right reasons... Won't they just ignore it?
JedidiahDuck

Postby PXYC » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, actually, you have a better chance of being unbanned if you appeal in #AoS.GBL on QuakeNet. Be honest, and you just might end up better than you started.

PXYC
Local Mod

Postby FatPanda » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:28 am

I just regisetr and i tried to join the and its say you are baned what did i do ?
FatPanda

Postby PXYC » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:39 pm

FatPanda wrote:I just regisetr and i tried to join the and its say you are baned what did i do ?

You aren't on the Global Blacklist, so it just might be a weird thing with that server. What server did you try to join?

PXYC
Local Mod

Next

Return to Help