Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #5

Find all the rules, updates and events in here!

Re: AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #5

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:40 am

Awesome! HMG is coming in 0.76! WOOHOO!

EDIT: hmmm so we paid for prettier graphics? No thanks. At least we could play with worse graphics but same content! Sweet!
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:50 am

Hmmm, if MMGS have infinite ammo, what about this to counter-balance: They have a limited magazine, but the ammo reserve is infinite. Every 100 rounds they need to stop to switch magazines. This could still use the "Reloader" idea, only that the Reloader do not brings all the ammo.
Or maybe this: If you are using the MMG alone, reload takes an ass-long time, and you have limited ammo, but if there is another player, the Reloader is helping you man the MMG, reload gets much faster and you get infinite ammo.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:54 am

ChaosTLW wrote:Hmmm, if MMGS have infinite ammo, what about this to counter-balance: They have a limited magazine, but the ammo reserve is infinite. Every 100 rounds they need to stop to switch magazines. This could still use the "Reloader" idea, only that the Reloader do not brings all the ammo.
Or maybe this: If you are using the MMG alone, reload takes an ass-long time, and you have limited ammo, but if there is another player, the Reloader is helping you man the MMG, reload gets much faster and you get infinite ammo.

That was suggested, but an important idea. IRL MG crews has 2 men, anyway.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby Ultrasonic » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:55 am

Wouldn't it be overpowering if a whole squad of MMG's comes. I think that overheating would be a great balance against infinate ammo.
IGN: {DSC]Alpha | Ex-Leader of [G3N], current Leader of {DSC] | Latest Video: EPIC sKILLS Entry #2
Ultrasonic

Location: Ditching Sleepy while he went to the toilet, leaving him to pay, and me a free cup o' mooch

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 am

Ultrasonic wrote:Wouldn't it be overpowering if a whole squad of MMG's comes. I think that overheating would be a great balance against infinate ammo.

Lol, thank you captain obvious.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby Ultrasonic » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 am

No problem XD
IGN: {DSC]Alpha | Ex-Leader of [G3N], current Leader of {DSC] | Latest Video: EPIC sKILLS Entry #2
Ultrasonic

Location: Ditching Sleepy while he went to the toilet, leaving him to pay, and me a free cup o' mooch

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 am

But how will the Reloader works? Slow walking speed(Lots of ammo carried), only can carry some small-arms(like the upcoming pistol)?
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:07 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:But how will the Reloader works? Slow walking speed(Lots of ammo carried), only can carry some small-arms(like the upcoming pistol)?

What about this:
    *Has no grenades, but ammo in the Grenade's slot.
    *Can only use pistol, or maybe can use any weapon but with really low ammo(2~3 mags)
    *Slightly slower walking speed.
    *MAYBE: Slightly different skin(with some ammo bandoliers across the chest, or some ammo pockets on his hip)
Last edited by ChaosTLW on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby LASTofS » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:09 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:Awesome! HMG is coming in 0.76! WOOHOO!

EDIT: hmmm so we paid for prettier graphics? No thanks. At least we could play with worse graphics but same content! Sweet!

No, I think the HMG/MG/MMG is bundled with the OGL client.

No, the OpenGL client is basically an upgraded VOXLAP client, the lighting engine just comes with it. Ace of Spades does have pretty terrible graphics, but I'll miss that..
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Ultrasonic » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 am

There's to be a pistol? Can't wait.
Ultrasonic

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:21 am

LASTofS wrote:
MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:Awesome! HMG is coming in 0.76! WOOHOO!

No, I think the HMG/MG/MMG is bundled with the OGL client.

No, the OpenGL client is basically an upgraded VOXLAP client, the lighting engine just comes with it. Ace of Spades does have pretty terrible graphics, but I'll miss that..

So no MG/RPG/other stuff for VOXLAP? :(
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby LASTofS » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:29 am

Ultrasonic wrote:There's to be a pistol? Can't wait.

Not confirmed. Where'd you get this info from?

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:So no MG/RPG/other stuff for VOXLAP? :(

I don't think so.. I mean all of these screenshots are videos are in the OGL client.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:30 am

LASTofS wrote:

Didn't Ben said he wanted to add sidearms to the game sometime ago?
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:32 am

ChaosTLW wrote:
LASTofS wrote:

Didn't Ben said he wanted to add sidearms to the game sometime ago?

It was confirmed, but forgotten by Ben. Maybe.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby Carnage » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:59 am

Awesome news recap as usual, Last. Can't wait for Issue #6!

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Official