Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The News!

Find all the rules, updates and events in here!

The News!

Postby TheGrandmaster » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:45 pm

As you may have noticed, things have changed quite dramatically around these here forums.
I (as of a few hours ago) completed my last exam so I'm now back in business so to speak.
So onto the news!

Forum shuffle
We now have a new setup :)
First thing you'll notice is that the index page looks a lot smaller and neater. Everything is fitted into a smaller space, and inside each section it is organised much better.
For several of the forums (e.g. Mapping and Modding) the root/main section becomes more important and serves as a discussion area. For Modding, this area can be used for mod discussion and requests, while for Mapping it could be used to share WIP's. Most of the subsections still exist, but inside these places.

You'll also notice that each of those forums no longer has a section for 'help' in them. This is because all help sections have been moved as subsections into the main 'Help' section. This means that someone coming in looking for help, can just go there and pick the category they need. Links to these sub-sections appear in the respective forums however.

Other changes:
  • The pyspades section has been merged with the main servers section (for obvious reasons) and so have the two suggestion categories (game and forums) into one section.
  • All of the official things - news, rules - are part of the 'Official' category.
  • Clans is now one section - The root of the section is practically the 'small clans' that we used to have, while Apply/Amend and Sections become sub-forums of this.

We hope all the changes improve the experience you have here. If you have an issue with the new setup, post it in 'Help' -> 'Forum'.

Staff changes
While we were pondering over staff for a while, we received a submission from the Community Feedback Forum that we needed more active admins and staff in general.

Well, to answer that - I am back. I hope to be as active as I used to be before I had my exams. I will be here to answer questions and handle all sorts of things all over the forums. Following on from this, I'd like to officially announce some promotions and welcome some new staff members!

• USABxBOOYO - was a moderator over the off-topic section, but is now a global moderator!
  • Talent - a new member of the forum team, given global moderator to fill in the gaps where help is needed most.
  • PXYC - another new member. He begins a new class of moderator known as 'Local Mod'. He shall be looking over the Help section and keeping that tidy.
  • Paratrooper - and another one! Paratrooper will head up the Suggestions forum.

Please do make our new moderators feel welcome and not too stressed :D

#AoS
Being back on the forums, I'm back on #AoS (yay).
The staff have decided to purge the #AoS banlist completely. All channel and Q bans have been removed as of today (as many of you know already).
This is because most of the bans were quite ancient, and those that weren't ancient we've given a second chance anyway.

And that's all folks!
Hope you like the changes, if not - drop us a message in the correct help section or comment on this post!
Thank you for your patience while the shuffle took place as well!
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Re: The News!

Postby Falcon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Can you explain Local Mods more thoroughly?

And yey for better forums
IGN:USABxFALCON IRC:Fawlkon
Falcon
[USAB] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Local mods are kinda like normal mods, except it's one section only. They can move/edit/sticky/lock and that kinda stuff, but don't have access to warnings and the like.
We'll be using it as the first rung on the staff ladder.
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Pulchritude » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 pm

This is interesting. Assuming during the downtime you made a backup too?
Cats > dogs
FACT.
Pulchritude
[LDR] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 pm

No posts were deleted, only moved. It wouldn't take too much to separate back, but I very much doubt that'd need to happen.
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Pulchritude » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, accidents do happen when people do things regarding forum updates/ such. It wouldn't be the first time, and certainly won't be the last time either. But I understand your point of view, at this time it'd be pretty pointless to do.
Cats > dogs
FACT.
Pulchritude
[LDR] Member

Postby bonjovirules » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 am

Wow, nice forum change. I go away for two nights and come back to see this. Good job :)

IGN: [G33K][FF] alex
bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby xBURGERx » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

Yay my bro got me banned from aloha and now im not! Thnx

[WARNED] Off-topic. Rule 3k.
xBURGERx

Location: Burger King, a box outside, Dallas (went broke from playn poker)

Postby kmaj » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:50 am

You could've deleted some unused clan sections, while you were at it.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby Varun » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 am

It came as quite a shock to me to come back from two week hiatus to find the forums neater and to see that we have new moderators. This sort of thing always happens when I'm not around.

Anyway, I think the new page looks good, and a lot cleaner. Congrats to the new mods, and promotions of the old ones.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby bonjovirules » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 am

Is Tank supposed to be an admin or was that an accident?

IGN: [G33K][FF] alex
bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby Carnage » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 pm

Tank got bumped up a while after this topic was made.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 pm

We'll make a new post soonish I think to include that.
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby LinktersHD » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Really liked the new forum change. MAkes it much cleaner and etc.
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Postby Fleischgeruch » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:02 pm

I have recently noticed someone named 'SallyTheButcher', an administrator, being online in the forums. Never heard of an <@> member with that name, what's up with that?
Attention - User no longer active.
Supprising. Funny. Intidimating.
<+Enari> well, i've slept with 29 yearold that looks yunger
Fleischgeruch

Next

Return to Official