Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #4

Find all the rules, updates and events in here!

Re: AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #4

Postby TheVirgo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am

ChaosTLW wrote:
TheVirgo wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:Well, of course you wont deploy it in the open, you silly. You'll want to have a small "corridor" in front of you, where the enemy can't hit you easily.

Name me a map that has small corridor where that could be deployed. Now tell me how long it will be there before someone griefs it. I rest my case. I mean, think of the most played or, at least, more popular and well-known maps. The Gen maps. Anticbridge. Normandie. Goon Assault. Island. Mesa. These are all pretty much wide-open maps. And the maps that it could work on, like Capitol, are ever rarely played. And EVEN if you build a bunker INSIDE a building, one grenade, well-placed airstrike or ... *shudder* RPG round and you're kaput. Because Ace of Spades is a game where standing still equals death. Any pro or semi-pro will agree with me.

Think about it.

I did not meant a literal corridor that is, like, 30 blocks long. What I meant is a space where you can easily see anyone who can shoot you. Some other day I've made a small bunker in a Gen map and started to use SMG as if it was a mounted turret, and it was actually quite easy to kill snipers.

As I said, a well place grenade could have easily rendered your bunker useless, if anyone had been able to get anywhere near it. Speaking of which, I question what kind of snipers you were up against. To be honest, they kind of sound like dueces. Then again, this is coming from a guy who can make headshots on running targets at fog distance. :-P

Also, when you were doing this, were you standing PERFECTLY STILL?

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion and you are even entitled to liking the MG. I'm not berating you for doing so. I'm just simply arguing the reason why we need a fixed MG, especially since, as your said, the SMG worked perfectly fine as a stand-in. I also question why we need an RPG, since it has the exact same damage radius as the grenades. And you know that the griefers are immediately going to start using it against everything.
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:13 am

TheVirgo wrote:
As I said, a well place grenade could have easily rendered your bunker useless, if anyone had been able to get anywhere near it. Speaking of which, I question what kind of snipers you were up against. To be honest, they kind of sound like dueces. Then again, this is coming from a guy who can make headshots on running targets at fog distance. :-P

Also, when you were doing this, were you standing PERFECTLY STILL?

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion and you are even entitled to liking the MG. I'm not berating you for doing so. I'm just simply arguing the reason why we need a fixed MG, especially since, as your said, the SMG worked perfectly fine as a stand-in. I also question why we need an RPG, since it has the exact same damage radius as the grenades. And you know that the griefers are immediately going to start using it against everything.

Agreed about the grenade. But if your field of view is large enough, you can easily see someone coming, unless they really know what they are doing.
I wasn't standing PERFECTLY STILL, but I made only minor movement, and only between shooting targets. Also, yeah, I wouldn't say they were fog-range snipers, but there was a fairly good distance between us.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby wiktor2 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 am

I love this! I already can't wait for the next Issue, it always brings at least SOME revolutionary news :D
Thank you, LastOfSpades!
wiktor2

Postby LASTofS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 pm

wiktor2 wrote:I love this! I already can't wait for the next Issue, it always brings at least SOME revolutionary news :D
Thank you, LastOfSpades!

Welcome to the forums! Glad you enjoy it.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby wiktor2 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:04 am

Thank you.
wiktor2

Postby TheSifodias » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Ca you post some more mods on the next newsletter. There's so many these days I keep losing track.
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:32 pm

TheSifodias wrote:Ca you post some more mods on the next newsletter. There's so many these days I keep losing track.

Soooo best mods of the week IHO?(in his opinion)
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby LASTofS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 am

TheSifodias wrote:Ca you post some more mods on the next newsletter. There's so many these days I keep losing track.

It's hard for me to keep track as well, I don't use mods.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby LASTofS » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 am

ImageImageImage
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby ZaPhobos » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:40 am

*Sips hot, dark beverage*

A fine newsletter you have here, and now with a reporter rank. I imagine it being very difficult to find things to write about. Nonetheless, you do it. Fantastic keeping us up to date!
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Previous

Return to Official