Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[Map] Submarine [TDM][Arena][Video]

Post your masterpieces in here!

[Map] Submarine [TDM][Arena][Video]

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:23 am

New Map: Submarine
YouTube Video
SITREP:
After Green Forces successfully counter-attacked and took control of Capitol, and specifically the intel in Mayor Ki11aWi11's study in his Penthouse, the Blue Forces have abandoned conventional warfare and are ready to use nuclear weapons to complete their objective! Satellite imagery from our Space Station has revealed that this Blue Navy Ohio Class Submarine, the BSS Ki11aWi11 [KW] is preparing to launch 24 Trident II D5 SLBM Nuclear Missiles at Green Territory. Your objective as Green Special Forces is to neutralise all hostiles aboard this vessel and eliminate the nuclear threat it poses!

Download

This map is set aboard an Ohio Class Nuclear Submarine, the map is built to scale, however only the top two floors are available for combat, the vessel is surfaced so you can exit the hatches and traverse the hull however the conning tower provides excellent over-watch on the hull. The submarine is filled with control rooms, engineering rooms, a nuclear reactor, mess hall, bunks, officers quarters and of course, 24 Missile Tubes. There is an arena version available, Blue team starts towards the bow near the bridge, specifically in the radio and sonar control room. Green team on the other hand starts towards the stern in the nuclear power plant control room. As not to give one team an unfair advantage the entrance to the conning tower is located directly in the centre of the upper missile deck. You can exit the submarine and swim out about 5 blocks but you will begin to take damage if you go any further!

I hope you enjoy this map, it took a while to make. While testing it I noticed that some people love this map, some people hate this map, they mostly complain that it is dark and cramped. Harden the f*** up, US Navy Personal live on these vessels for 60 days at a time, your just playing Ace of Spades on it!

The inspiration for this map came from the fact that Ben trained as a nuclear propulsion officer in the navy, so I was considering the vessels that use nuclear power such as Aircraft Carriers and then I thought, why make something like the Titanic Map when I could create some thing that was a little cooler and more dramatic!

In-game Map

Blue Spawn in the Sonar Room

The Bridge

Reactor Room

Bunks

Mess and Galley
Ki11aWi11

Re: [Map] Submarine [TDM][Arena][Video]

Postby izzy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:53 am

really, really awesome work. good job!
izzy
Site Admin

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:49 am

If anyone wants to play it, I'm hosting it in my rotation on the Ki11aWi11 server right now, along with Penthouse and Space Station: aos://4077549632:32887
Ki11aWi11

Postby Trace » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 am

What program do you use to make these epic maps?
Trace
Komrade Member

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 am

I use a mixture of programs, usually I start the map off in Minecraft since in Creative its very easy to place blocks, but converting the map to .vxl format is a pain in the a***, then I do a bit of editing in Voxel Editor and occasionally add new models that I make in slab6. I'll probably buy Quibicle soon as that's what Dany0 uses and it seems pretty damn awesome!
Ki11aWi11

Postby dslbis » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 am

Played it on tdm liked the map+1 respect points!
|^Take a look at our clan : Freedom Fighters!|
|^Take a look at my modifications!|
IGN : [FF]Lt.Sagrata
Retired AoS Player
dslbis
[FF] Member

Postby heracles4 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Ki11aWi11 wrote:If anyone wants to play it, I'm hosting it in my rotation on the Ki11aWi11 server right now, along with Penthouse and Space Station: aos://4077549632:32887

I never can connect to your server D:
My maps:
Arena: Abordage, CastleWars

CTF: DarkMoon

heracles4

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Is that due to it being at 24/24 players or connection issues, we'll probably be expanding our services to 2 x 32 players and 1 x 24 players with a different host.
Ki11aWi11

Return to Released Maps