Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Improving the Gaming Section

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Improving the Gaming Section

Postby USABxBOOYO » Sun May 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Recently I've been pointed towards several problems with the Gaming section involving topic quality, especially posts that introduce or discuss games. Well, I think it's time we fixed that. I'm going to give you guys some ways to improve your posts and improve the quality of the Gaming section as a whole.

The Topic
The topic title should include the name of your game. If it doesn't, then you've already made a huge error.

Presentation
Your post should be detailed, descriptive, and informative. If it's not, then nobody is going to be interested in your game and your post is going to make the game look less appealing. Make sure you give the reader as many details as you can. What is this game about? What's the gameplay like? Is there multiplayer? How would you rate it? Who is it made by? The reader wants to know these things!

Things your Post NEEDS to Include
Your post NEEDS to include several things: how much your game costs (if it's free, make sure you say it's free), minimum system requirements (if it's a PC game), and where you can get this game.

Looking for People to Play With?
If you'd like people to play this game with you, make sure you leave how to contact you and how to play with you.

Now, if you choose to not follow this guide and end up making an uninformative, unhelpful, or otherwise sub-par post, I'll tell you to improve it. If you don't, I reserve every right to lock your topics or delete them. Anyway, I hope this guide has been helpful to you and the Gaming section as a whole.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Re: Improving the Gaming Section

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Bravo, just what I was hoping!

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby USABxBOOYO » Sun May 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I borrowed a few ideas for this from Doctor.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 am

Thanks! My !ax Payne page was missing alot of stuff :P
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Frostified » Wed May 09, 2012 4:27 pm

USABxBOOYO wrote:Recently I've been pointed towards several problems with the Gaming section involving topic quality, especially posts that introduce or discuss games. Well, I think it's time we fixed that. I'm going to give you guys some ways to improve your posts and improve the quality of the Gaming section as a whole.

The Topic
The topic title should include the name of your game. If it doesn't, then you've already made a huge error.

Presentation
Your post should be detailed, descriptive, and informative. If it's not, then nobody is going to be interested in your game and your post is going to make the game look less appealing. Make sure you give the reader as many details as you can. What is this game about? What's the gameplay like? Is there multiplayer? How would you rate it? Who is it made by? The reader wants to know these things!

Things your Post NEEDS to Include
Your post NEEDS to include several things: how much your game costs (if it's free, make sure you say it's free), minimum system requirements (if it's a PC game), and where you can get this game.

Looking for People to Play With?
If you'd like people to play this game with you, make sure you leave how to contact you and how to play with you.

Now, if you choose to not follow this guide and end up making an uninformative, unhelpful, or otherwise sub-par post, I'll tell you to improve it. If you don't, I reserve every right to lock your topics or delete them. Anyway, I hope this guide has been helpful to you and the Gaming section as a whole.

Does this inculde game disscusion (e.g Favourite Bosses)?
Aside from what I mentioned above, the rest is pretty good; Especially the requirements part. I never thought of that :P.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby USABxBOOYO » Wed May 09, 2012 7:23 pm

No, this is only for threads introducing games.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Defaulter » Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm

I find the OP's proposition agreeable. I hope you will act vigilantly on it though, and not just trust every deuce to read it and use it.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby Varun » Thu May 17, 2012 1:44 pm

I found these rules very informative and helpful. I only wish that more people would read this.

Just out of interest, I know a website that sells games at very cheap prices, especially for those who don't live in America (Games are really cheap there, compared to Aus). Would I be allowed to post a link to it, or would that be in breach of rules? I only want to know because I want to be able to help some guys out who pay like $100 for games when they can be bought, new, for $40 but I didn't want to accumulate another warning for posting something that was against the rules.I could not find anything that told me to/not to do it. I just wanted to know for sure whether I can/can't.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu May 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Are the games legally obtained and sold? If so, it can be put in the Lounge.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Varun » Fri May 18, 2012 7:13 am

Yes, they are.

No illegality in this site. Established in 2004, trusted seller.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby FaZe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Maybe there should be 2 types of posts in this section. The current one (for big reviews and your opinion on the game) and a smaller one where you can say something like "Hey this is a really fun game. Add me as a friend, and discuss what you think." Or, a subsection inside of this subsection would work.
Idk, just my opinion.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby Seal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 am

Good stuff, BOOYO.
Seal

Return to Gaming