Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

#AoS New Contingencies

Got a great new idea for the game?

#AoS New Contingencies

Postby Defaulter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:53 pm

[Removed by DE]
Last edited by Defaulter on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Re: #AoS New Contingencies

Postby SLAYER » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 pm

SLAYER

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 pm

"Program the bot thusly: If the number of OP's falls below a certain number at any one time, or if the OP's in chat have be inactive for a certain amount of time, the DeuceBot automaticly removes auto voicing from the channel and promotes contingency OP's should they be in the channel."

So what you're saying is, when we have a lack of ops, then they should remove auto-voicing, leaving manual voicing, which requires ops to do.

As for the spam problem, big whoop. The 4chan spam people just joined and said "U mad" or something similar to that, and left. The real spam was in the joining/leaving messages.
Hi I'm Reuben, I make YouTube videos sometime.
I also make music.
I lead {RoT} the best clan ever. PM me for IRC info to come chill with kool kidz.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Postby Defaulter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:59 pm

"So what you're saying is, when we have a lack of ops, then they should remove auto-voicing, leaving manual voicing, which requires ops to do."

reuben, nope.

The incident occured, because OP's wernt active to removing auto voicing etc.

Stack has said that he CAN program the bot to remove auto voicing when OP's arnt there to do it. Effectively preventing spam.

And then autvoicing enabled when level of OP's is satisfactory to deal with any spam.

"The real spam was in the joining/leaving messages."

^ That i dont have an idea to work around ATM< but i CAN prevent them from saying anything, which reduces the intensity of the spam.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 am

I don't think I was clear. Yes, auto-voicing can be removed automatically, but if auto-voicing is gone, then it's up to the ops to manually voice the legit users of the chan once everything's over. If the ops are afk, then no one gets voiced. Not to mention the chance that none of the contingency ops will be in the room/available.
I also make music.
I lead {RoT} the best clan ever. PM me for IRC info to come chill with kool kidz.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Postby Defaulter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:30 am

Reub, the lesser of two evil's?

IT would be rare that NO op's or Contingency OP's (of which id say around 6-8 would be needed) will be present for any length of time.

At worst, a couple of users have to wait to be voiced for a little while. Better then having the chat spammed up. IMHO.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:36 am

Meh. It all comes down to opinion, but I still say the losses outweigh the benefits here.

I agree that more ops are needed, but removing auto-voicing seems a bit much. Perhaps have it to where contingency ops are added based on the amount of users in the channel, which would presumably rise during a spam attack.
I also make music.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Postby TheGrandmaster » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 am

We've added 4 ops, and we also have Quakenet's S which should help against spammers.
Also, why have you posted this into the Ideas/Discussions in the mapping section? :S
Moved.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Why have contingency ops as opposed to just making someone an op all the time? I don't really see the point in that.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Gorman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Spam is a non-issue.

Just wait an hour before an active mod cleans it up.

Nothing to make a fuss about really.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Return to Game