Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

A Lvling System!

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: A Lvling System!

Postby DrunkenChild » Mon May 21, 2012 2:54 am

Nope It will just unballance the game furtehr. every one is ya lets add it but if we do they will want it down immidetly.
want to see a magic trick click the pic

http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6420&p=179752&hilit=drunk#p179752

There is only 5 in a six pack
I'm not fat, it's just a beer belly
DrunkenChild

Postby razourik » Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 am

If by levelling you mean ranking up, I actually would appreciate that idea.

Your default rank will be Private. If you get 25 kills, you will rank up to Sergeant. If you get 50 kills, you'll rank up to Major, and 100 kills gets you the Lieutenant rank. 250 kills gets you the General rank, and if anyone could possibly get this high, there could be a War hero rank at 500 kills.

These ranks would be in an editable notepad txt file though, in a folder called txt. This way, modders can make the ranks be different things, so that you don't have to have soldier ranks.
razourik

Postby Danqazmlp » Tue May 22, 2012 5:51 pm

I actually like the idea. What's quite funny is that many people have misinterpreted the suggestion. It isn't about kill streaks or extra abilities, simply a counter showing your presence on a server/all servers.

It isn't a COD thing whatsoever, and suggestions that it is are simply from bandwagon complainers.

I see it as very similar to what is in place on many CS:S servers, where you essentially have a simply points system. It usually works like this:

All players start at 1000 points. A kill against somebody with 1000 points gains you 5 points, and loses them 2-3. Kills on players with much higher points than yourself gain you more, and makes them lose more. It usually works out that the best players will have the highest points, and worst will have under 1000. Along with this, headshot count, kill count and accuracy are usually tracked too.

I think it would be a good way of stopping a great many of the aimbot accusations aimed at the more skilful players. If they have a high amount of points, they are more likely to simply be a regular and skilful than somebody who is just over 1000 and getting constant headshots.
Danqazmlp

Postby robotnik185 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 pm

What I predict will happen:
xXProXx has joined the game
New Player hi xd has joined the game
xXProXx is on a killing spree!
xXProXx has leveled up!
Pro gets a mega-uber spree and is level hundred!
New player has been killed 99 times by pro!
New player has left AoS forever.

Etc. whenever a new player joins AoS
Click the image to see my mods! ^

Image<me playing LoL in a nutshell
robotnik185
[FF] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 pm

I still do not like the idea, even if it does not adds collectibles/unlockables/whatever it is called, only something that is used to show how much you play, because it would create elitism either way.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Danqazmlp » Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:I still do not like the idea, even if it does not adds collectibles/unlockables/whatever it is called, only something that is used to show how much you play, because it would create elitism either way.

It may look like that on the surface, but when implemented in CS:S, it's not done that at all. In fact, it seemed to spawn much more community within a server as people could recognise the more active users.
Danqazmlp

Postby corn99 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:50 pm

noooooooo.
if they add this in to the game people will then ask for more weapons and perks an in the game. that is a duck no. also aos is made for people with crappy computers like me. so whats the point. it will only kill of the many people out there with bad computers.
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby DrPain » Wed May 23, 2012 2:22 am

Stupid
That's really all there is to say here
DrPain

Postby XxsnipahxX » Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 pm

but, a server for each level, so it can be balanced, you can earn points by helping a teammate kill an enemy.
and bonus for capturing intel.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby kyshale » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am

I agree that elitism is stupid. But sometimes competition can add a little fun to the game. While I sort of disagree with the whole leveling/ranking system, I think it might be kinda cool to have leader-boards, which when you think about it, is VERY old-school (dating back to old arcade games like Pac-man, Frogger, and Asteroids). Just a simple little system displaying who has the best kill to death ratio or something. No experience points, no special perks for being ranked high, just you, and the other top 50-or-so usernames up on the site.
kyshale

Postby ninjakim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 am

I personally don't like this idea as it is said in previous comments and now that it is too much like COD! The reason Ace of Spades thrives is because it has its own unique twist to the FPS and a mixture of other things. Adding the lvling system would be too much and that is why I think that it is a bad idea.
ninjakim

Postby Commodore » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:35 pm

In AoS, its too important to get as many kills as possible(that may be too CoD like). And the leveling system would make it worser.
Last edited by Commodore on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby Eve » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 pm

I like the idea.But the thing is, if you create this entire organized leveling system, the amount of memory and RAM will take more. Therefore the game might need to be downloaded ( Like Guild Wars 2 and WoW or some MMORPG) and the download may not be as simple or efficient as it is currently.
" The past is history. The future is a mystery. The present is a gift. " -Bill Keane
Eve

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 am

Why people are still necro-bumping this? Admins just lock the thread already.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby fake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm

if it has lvling sistem ther it need unlockable weps
fake

PreviousNext

Return to Game