Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Here's some flat maps to start you off.

Post your masterpieces in here!

Here's some flat maps to start you off.

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed May 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I always see people posting requests for some flat maps to start with. Although they are easy enough to make, I decided to share a couple with you. Please feel free to use these in whatever map projects you feel like. No particular need for giving me credit or anything like that. And, no, I didn't paint my name in mile-high lettering on them. ;-)

This one is the basic water map we used for the Titanic map and the Oil Rig remix.
It's all water. Has a nice texture.
Download link HERE. <----- WATER MAP

Next we have what I call the Grassy map. I used this for both Tree Bunkers and Plane Crash Disaster. I was trying to get something that wasn't too flat. It has nooks and crannies to hide in and behind. I sort of feel like it's a grassland with all of the limited cover & concealment that would provide. But it also has enough flat areas that you can actually build stuff on it. A few rocks and trees and you've got a lovely forest. Also, IIRC, it's about 20 blocks deep so you've got some room to dig a bit.
Download link HERE. <----- GRASS MAP

So, hopefully this provides some of you with a starting point for some new custom maps. These were made with bildramer's heightmapping tool and photoshop. If you need some tips on customizing them, please, don't hesitate to ask.
BuffetOfLies

Re: Here's some flat maps to start you off.

Postby Falk3n » Wed May 02, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm assuming the water map was a big water texture just used as a colour map? I should try that sometime...
Thanks for the flat maps!
Falk3n

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Falk3n wrote:I'm assuming the water map was a big water texture just used as a colour map? I should try that sometime...
Thanks for the flat maps!

The water map is just that, all water. I.E. level zero in Ace of Spades. Add land or ships or sea monsters as you see fit.
BuffetOfLies

Postby LASTofS » Tue May 08, 2012 4:14 am

I can see this being very useful.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Foster » Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks ill be making a ship war!
Foster

Return to Released Maps