Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Evolution Game

Count to 100? Kill/Defend the duck? All forum games belong in here!

Evolution Game

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:28 pm

PedroBear wrote:I got this game from 4chan, basically you need to evolve these specific creatures, be it with small or drastic changes, kinda like the game Spore. You add parts to the creature or remove them, to adapt it better to the enviromnent around it, for example, losing the eyes because of living in dark places.
Oh, and with evolve I mean edit on MS Paint.
And don't come whining at me saying "this is not how it works", because the game is not supposed to be the exact same thing as evolution IRL.

Example:
Normal evolution: Retarded animal1 -> retarded animal1 gets bigger teeth to have a better grip while bitting it's prey.

Subspecies' evolution: As time pass, a new subspecies of Bixus Retardadus now walks on four lags so it runs faster. WHile it can climb in trees, it rather stay on ground and only climb to flee predators.

The planet is still on the dawn of life, so no Godzillamarysuessaurus Rex-ish stuff.

Creatures:

Paintis fishus: A red primitive fish with only primitive eyes and gills, with no fins or teeth, it's diet consists of the commonly found Pissus timidus.

Pissus timidus: Primitive species of fish that feeds of Plankton, they are small and found in low-organization swarms, their eyes are primitive, as are their fins and gills.

Squidus warden: The most advanced species, it is also the most inteligent, even though it's inteligence is really rude, their eyes are more developed and their four tentacles allow it to capture prey easily. They feed themselves with Pissus timidus using the tentacles and their mouth. They also have a shell to defend themselves, usually there arent hostilities between the Squidus warden and the Paintis fishus, as they have roughly the same size, although rarely a fishus may try to swallow a warden, or the latter try to attack a fishus.

Yap, I made the Squidus warden more advanced than I should.

obs: Para editar imagens no paint clique em colar então clique em colar de e escolha a imagem salva que você quer editar e edite como uma imagem do paint.

Squidus warden:

Paintis fishus:

Pissus timidus:

Rules: A species may only evolve again after the other ones do too.
Try not to add a shitload of things at once, make it gradual.
Only add things that makes sense, no red spike that heals other fishes or shit like that.
Free your imagination :D

May the Evolution begin!

I will start:

Paintis fishus gains some fins, after generations of natural selection, to swim faster.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Re: Evolution Game

Postby Moghard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:42 pm

I still don't understand. Everyone have one creature, and post new posts about new things their creature have?
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Moghard wrote:I still don't understand. Everyone have one creature, and post new posts about new things their creature have?

No, you need to edit those 3 creatures, so they get new abilites and stuff like that.
For example, I edited the Paintis fishus so it got fins. The old Paintis fishus was erased from the evolutionary war, only the new one remained.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Moghard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:45 pm

So, now i take your fish and give him new things?
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Moghard wrote:So, now i take your fish and give him new things?

Well, we are going to need to edit the other two fishes first.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby Moghard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I just draw a new fishy using my tablet
Gave him some 'claws' to make him look like Ichthyosaur from Half Life.
Last edited by Moghard on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moghard

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Pissus frangotis gets better scales and start to live in small groups of three.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby Moghard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:03 pm

I just gave Pissus a 'gun' (omg my english really sucks) on the head to shoot sharp needles. But you already modified it :(
Moghard

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Moghard wrote:I just gave Pissus a 'gun' (omg my english really sucks) on the head to shoot sharp needles. But you already modified it :(

Eh, make it gradual. Instead of adding a gun to shoot needles, make it grow a small needle that falls off if something hits, then it develops muscles to launch, then those muscles are aprimored, etc.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby Moghard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Lol, nice idea, but i modified it. ^^

This creature doesn't eat meat. Now it has poisonous spikes that kill other creatures in 5 seconds. When dangerous creatures come close, it shoot the spikes towards them.
Moghard

Postby Moghard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Well, i know it's amazing... :D

Now even more like Ichtyosaur!
Moghard

Return to Forum Games