Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Dear Wyvern

Off-topic stuff!

Dear Wyvern

Postby Warhead88 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:10 am

I know you do competitive archery so this is up your alley. I broke out my old traditional(ish) bow. It's gotta fiberglass body and about 4' 6" tall. I also just got a new string for it. I also have 3 ducked up arrows cause the feathers are twisted and broken (more or less). And no, I'm not new to archery. I started it at age 6. I was hoping you could help me out. So here is my problem:

When ever I shoot the thing the arrows go in weird directions, and yes I know how to use a bow. I've been practicing for about 1 month and still have that problem. I was wondering if it was me, the bow, or the arrows. (I think the arrows).

Here are some pics.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks.
Warhead88

Re: Dear Wyvern

Postby CobaltAK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 am

It's your arrows (Wyvern isn't the only competitive archer here :/).

The feathers catch air as they fly. Each feather has to catch even amounts of air to even be able to fly straight. (I could explain it easier with words rather than text).

Anyways, your feathers have to be in tip-top shape when you shoot. That's one of the more important things with arrows.

<+fLaMeQaeda> I am legally obliged to tell you I am an ex-convict and I am not allowed within 3 miles of any Elementary school in the state of Ohio
CobaltAK
Komrade Member

Postby Warhead88 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm

CobaltAK wrote:It's your arrows (Wyvern isn't the only competitive archer here :/).

The feathers catch air as they fly. Each feather has to catch even amounts of air to even be able to fly straight. (I could explain it easier with words rather than text).

Anyways, your feathers have to be in tip-top shape when you shoot. That's one of the more important things with arrows.

Thanks man. I owe you one.
Warhead88

Postby CrazyPug37 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:42 am

I've seen arrows just like those before. I'm trying to think where.... It might of been camp.
My IGN: [DELTA]Pug
Most Kills: 308 in 1:30 minutes on Aloha.pk r1ctf 24/7 Hallway
Highest Killstreak: (That I know of) 22 on Aloha.pk 1ctf 24/7 Pinpoint.
As you can see, I am a very "Puggish" Being.
CrazyPug37
[DELTA] Member

Location: In my kennel, in the pound, doing Puggish things as always.

Postby Articsledder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:41 am

CrazyPug37 wrote:I've seen arrows just like those before. I'm trying to think where.... It might of been camp.

They are fairly common, I have seen them quite a lot too and I think we have some at my house too. From what I remember they were too short for any of our bows though, so they are probably for Wal-Mart grade ones you can buy cheap in a little kit.

I have no idea though, Yellow and Orange are pretty common colors because they are easy to find.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby aceospades » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Yes, it's probably the feathers. Although the rest for the arrows is not to be ignored. If its a cheap rest (which yours appears to be) then the arrows will slide around, giving you inconsistency in your shots. It also appears your string does not have a bead on it. That will give you inconsistency when you knock the arrows. Hence the crazy shots.
Is that you Luigi?
aceospades

Postby Warhead88 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks Guys! I <3 for the advice. FYI: I just found them in my attic. They were sitting there for about 3 years.
Warhead88

Postby Wyvern » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Hey Warhead
I happen to own the exact same bow and I suggest you invest in something better cause that one is made for ages about 6-10ish, it has no power behind it, and it's accuracy sucks.
Wyvern
Komrade Member

Return to The Lounge