Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

M-16 fans come together!!!!

Off-topic stuff!

Re: M-16 fans come together!!!!

Postby Pulchritude » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Bullet size only matters on the situation. The reason why they use 5.56mm bullets in the Iraq/Iran/wherever is because simply due to have the ability to lower collateral damage.

also LOL@AK47 designed for long range. Yeah they might've started with that idea, but they gave up on it.
Cats > dogs
FACT.
Pulchritude
[LDR] Member

Postby JoshuaConcon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:43 am

it doesnt matter if the m16 is better than the ak bcuz america has literally an endless supply of weaponry, russia didnt stand a chance during the cold war.
plus, with all this petrodollar warfare in teh middle east, america will stop at nothing to keep the dollar alive.
WW3 is really close because china and russia wont tolerate another american attack on iran.
lol jks, but seriously, this arguement is pointless.
children under 18 should not be getting together and taking about guns (I know the majority of you are under 18, becuas i am).
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby HoboHob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 am

JoshuaConcon wrote:it doesnt matter if the m16 is better than the ak bcuz america has literally an endless supply of weaponry, russia didnt stand a chance during the cold war.
plus, with all this petrodollar warfare in teh middle east, america will stop at nothing to keep the dollar alive.
WW3 is really close because china and russia wont tolerate another american attack on iran.
children under 18 should not be getting together and taking about guns (I know the majority of you are under 18, becuas i am).

Why shouldn't people under 18 talk about guns? It is good to be educated about them in the case of WW3 or a zombie apocalypse.
HoboHob

Postby ozone » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:20 am

i talk of guns because its my right too!!! no but i see where you are coming from
ozone

Postby CobaltAK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 am

JoshuaConcon wrote:it doesnt matter if the m16 is better than the ak bcuz america has literally an endless supply of weaponry, russia didnt stand a chance during the cold war.

Just stick with your anime. You can be an 'expert' at that. Now leave while us older folk talk about our preference when it comes to firearms. Also, you don't know that the majority of us are 18 JUST cuz you yourself is under 18. Dat logic.

Anyways, ozone, you really should change the title of the topic. It's sparking more firefights (c wut i did thar?) in this than casual gun talk.

Still, AK master gun. 7.62mm ftw. Simple and easy to clean mech ftw. Cheap yet sturdy and reliable ftw. (The M16 has its own good perks though ;P)

<+fLaMeQaeda> I am legally obliged to tell you I am an ex-convict and I am not allowed within 3 miles of any Elementary school in the state of Ohio
CobaltAK
Komrade Member

Postby ZaPhobos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 am

Russian reliability anytime.

I shall blatantly ignore all other posts and say the Kalashnikov's are the master race.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby lehma18 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 am

ozone wrote:lehma you did not give me the information i asked for i wanted some sources not "Mikhail Kalashnikov said this"

True, i didn't, since i can't find it anymore. The uploader removed the vid from youtube. Try to find it yourself if you want, it was a document of some sort.

and no i did not shoot my self in the leg if you have any idea what explodes means you would understand that it is far better than going straight through the body like a 7.62x39 often does

Actually it shatters inside the body. And yes, it causes more damage overall. As i said, great if the target's on an open field wearing no armor.

and if you are against armored targets you have these things called FMJ (full metal jacket) ammo does great in terms of penatration

We have this 7.62 caliber ammo, does great against body armor and penetrates neatly. No need to carry FMJ-rounds around, when you've got this great round fit for every situation.

and i dont know if you looked at ether the pic or any of the videos im assuming not because that is the one where you said i shot my self in the leg. and if the media lied to the U.S.A how come French, Irerish, British, Indian, Afghanistan Sudi Arabian and Greman media outlets have the same story?
im guessing your going to say they are all lying to

Yes, they are. Welcome to the real world, son. People bullshits you every chance they get.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby JoshuaConcon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 am

CobaltAK wrote:

Just stick with your anime. You can be an 'expert' at that. Now leave while us older folk talk about our preference when it comes to firearms. Also, you don't know that the majority of us are 18 JUST cuz you yourself is under 18. Dat logic.

Anyways, ozone, you really should change the title of the topic. It's sparking more firefights (c wut i did thar?) in this than casual gun talk.

Still, AK master gun. 7.62mm ftw. Simple and easy to clean mech ftw. Cheap yet sturdy and reliable ftw. (The M16 has its own good perks though ;P)

Please, just because I am under 18 myself, doesn't not mean that the majority of people here are under 18, but the majority of people here are under 18 in case you didn't notice. Sir, when you say your preference when it comes to firearms, have you ever fired an M16 and/or a AK47? I mean, it's not like this thread is filled with people who get their knowledge from guns by playing First Person Shooters, am I right? I'm sure the majority of people that posted have experience with firearms, or have studied them before.

So I'll just let you "older folk" talk about your guns.
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby mikuli » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Actually it shatters inside the body. And yes, it causes more damage overall..

Where are you getting this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmu7yTVidig
http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defen ... grVMAX.htm
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19885
http://demigodllc.com/articles/7.62x39- ... ndard/?p=2

Then again, sure they will fragment if you take a hacksaw / file to the bullet. Standard military issue FMJ's will almost never fragment except for in extremely rare cases. Expansion as expected, though.

The 5.56 is much more eager to fragment into bits in tissue due to the higher impact speed of the projectile - this is also the reason it refuses to penetrate much anything up close.

We have this 7.62 caliber ammo, does great against body armor and penetrates neatly. No need to carry FMJ-rounds around

This is true, so I'm not bothering to dig up even more links, though one of the above will pretty much cover it as well. Still gotta remember that FMJ is the standard issue for most, if not all infantry fighters around the world. JHPs / SPs are pretty rare to see deployed in either 5.56 nato or 7.62x39 as far as I know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Don't take it personally. Hell, I might say I even like you, you don't come off as a draft-dodger or unlegit civil service pipsqueak like 95% of the other internet going Finbros you see. I just really dislike misinformation.

EDIT2: As for Joshuaconnon with that nice animooted animugirl avatar, you'd be quite surprised to know the number of users around here who take the time to attend to their local shooting ranges for some paper punching. It's not a sport restricted to macho fudds only, I'd really recommend you go and first check out a firearms safety and handling class, and then try your hand at putting some bits downrange. Shit, I'd recommend it to pretty much everyone in supervised conditions

EDIT3: I'm surprised that a certain army-aspiring brit has not smeared his L85 fetish all over this thread yet.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby lehma18 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:25 pm

mikuli wrote:Where are you getting this?

My sentence was probably a bit misleading, what i meant was that bullets don't explode, they shatter.(Except for exploding bullets, they actually explode..) A us fins say; Nussin pilkkua.

If people haven't figured this out already, i'm trolling 80% of my time in the forums, and about 100% in-game.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby ozone » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 pm

i think we made our points ( im not yielding) but i think is time for us to move on to our most liked pistols!!!!!!
ozone

Postby Aeroclaw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:41 pm

IMO:
My favorite guns have to be the Colt Anaconda for sidearms, and the Cheytac Intervention for primary weapons.
Aeroclaw

Location: I live 20 miles away from NIASKA and Scum in Zing Zong Ming Mong Ling Long...

Postby JoshuaConcon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 pm

mikuli wrote:
EDIT2: As for Joshuaconnon with that nice animooted animugirl avatar, you'd be quite surprised to know the number of users around here who take the time to attend to their local shooting ranges for some paper punching. It's not a sport restricted to macho fudds only, I'd really recommend you go and first check out a firearms safety and handling class, and then try your hand at putting some bits downrange. Shit, I'd recommend it to pretty much everyone in supervised conditions

But that's so terrible! It's like you're preparing your youth for war or som-
Oh, Hello America.
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 pm

JoshuaConcon wrote:
mikuli wrote:

Oh, Hello America.

He is actually Finnish if my memory is not failing.

As for pistols, the M1911 is pretty fuckin pretty. The Luger P08 is also really smexy IMO.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby JoshuaConcon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:21 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
JoshuaConcon wrote:
mikuli wrote:

Oh, Hello America.

He is actually Finnish if my memory is not failing.

As for pistols, the M1911 is pretty fuckin pretty. The Luger P08 is also really smexy IMO.

The majority of people hear are Americans.
Also, the Luger is pretty smexy. xD
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge