Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

M-16 fans come together!!!!

Off-topic stuff!

Re: M-16 fans come together!!!!

Postby mikuli » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 am

ThisFrickinSite wrote:
ozone wrote:the fact that it breaks the sound barrier means it will kill you before you even hear it

it takes time for our body to take information from our senses. About 80 milliseconds, but height also plays into that a bit. so really, any bullet that can kill you in less than 80 milliseconds wont even be seen. you will just drop dead and never even feel, hear, or see it because your brain is stopped (assuming you died) before it can take information and process it.

Except that people tend to not die immediately from bullet wounds which do not disrupt brain matter - and even then, people have survived. Hell, there's this article about a kid surviving a three foot harpoon through his brain.

Also, I'm having a REALLY hard time coming up with a rifle cartridge that is not supersonic (apart from subsonic loads) by at least a multiplier of two, having the 7.62x39 flying out the barrel at around 700 m/s, and the 5.56x45 at around 900 m/s. The speed of sound at sea level is ~340m/s - even the 7.62 will be exiting the barrel at double that speed. It will still be going at 400m/s, well over that speed, at three hundred meters away.

Now of course I'm pulling these stats out of my ass and memory, but I could dig up stuff from ammunition manufacturers if necessary to confirm the numbers. Speeds are from standard length barrels for the military variants.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby JoshuaConcon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:22 pm

You people are so outdated.
It's no longer M16 vs AK47
It's the M16A4 vs the AK12
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby ozone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 pm

JoshuaConcon wrote:You people are so outdated.

i would say M16A4 vs AK74 saying as both are used as standard issue weapons the AK 12 is a possible replacement for the 74 if you are gonna throw the AK 12 in an argument i would say H&K 416 vs AK 12
ozone

Postby lehma18 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Sorry to break it to you, but M-series guns suck. AK47 was designed in 1947, and it still beats modern assault rifles. Just because the M16 is ultra complex, expensive, and light weight doesn't make it superior.

"Lolololol, but the AK has shit accuracy!!"
Actually no. It is designed for long-range, when the M16 is for close-range spray&pray. The M16 is more like a sub-machinegun, with it's weak-ass cartridge and light weight. The AK47 tears trough concrete and blows your head off your shoulders.

"But it has more recoil than the M16!!!"
Yup, but take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jklLEsR7qpE
(Obviously it's not an AK47, but uses the same rounds and it's design is based on it.)
As you can see, the recoil is not that hard to handle, if you're not a weak-ass babby-American.

I rest my case.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby ozone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm

lehma18 wrote:Sorry to break it to you, but M-series guns suck. AK47 was designed in 1947, and it still beats modern assault rifles. Just because the M16 is ultra complex, expensive, and light weight doesn't make it superior.

"Lolololol, but the AK has shit accuracy!!"
Actually no. It is designed for long-range, when the M16 is for close-range spray&pray. The M16 is more like a sub-machinegun, with it's weak-ass cartridge and light weight. The AK47 tears trough concrete and blows your head off your shoulders.

"But it has more recoil than the M16!!!"
Yup, but take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jklLEsR7qpE
(Obviously it's not an AK47, but uses the same rounds and it's design is based on it.)
As you can see, the recoil is not that hard to handle, if you're not a weak-ass babby-American.

I rest my case.

sorry to break it to you but the M series are all made by different manufactures for instance the M1 garand was made by was made by Springfield and i think the M14 was too but the M16 and M4 are made by colt.
and the "weak ass" cartidge pretty much explodes inside the target this is a pic of one ( dont look if you have a weak tummy -REMOVED-
and the AK was made for long range give me the link where not only one reliable source says that but many others do to
at 120 meters i can shoot tin cans with an AK 47 and its hard as shit at 160 meters i can shoot Xmas ordements and its still about as hard
and the M16 is made for spray'n'prey do you know what the distance is for a stranred fire fight is .....its about 100 meters no one is going to spray'n'prey at that range
and if that is the best in the video the AK can do well in the war in Afghanistan there was a CIA investigation because they thought our soldiers were taking prisoners then executing them due to the high number of head shots the result of it was that it was just our boys in uniform defending ourselves from snipers
Last edited by ozone on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozone

Postby ozone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 pm

also only milita groups still use the AK-47 not even Russia they use the AK-74 name one country that uses the AK-47 and has atleast a little world power and in that video it is an RK-62 not an AK-47 find a video of some one shooting the gun you are debating for even if you thought it was an AK it says that its an RK-62 in the title of the video and dont insult my country's people when you think that that we cant handle recoile look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjuC4aX ... ure=fvwrel and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZWCHWqwGc the second vid is of a colt AR-15A2 but the only difference between that and a M16-A2 is that they sell them to civilians and it goes full auto
ozone

Postby mikuli » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 pm

lehma18 wrote:"Lolololol, but the AK has shit accuracy!!"

I thought I already explained to you why this statement is complete bullshit. viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9052

Doesn't mean AK's are bad guns, but sheesh, get your facts straight or at least list the total bs sources that info is coming from.

Also, the guy in the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jklLEsR7qpE) is shooting blanks in the video - live rounds have a much larger recoil. Even I've been running around firing two RK's on straight arms on full auto with my Sorsa on my head with the flap backwards during excercises.
Last edited by mikuli on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby ozone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:11 pm

if he is shooting blanks i should take that one down which one?
ozone

Postby JoshuaConcon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm

lehma18 wrote:Sorry to break it to you, but M-series guns suck. AK47 was designed in 1947, and it still beats modern assault rifles.

Get your facts straight.
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby lehma18 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:23 pm

ozone wrote:sorry to break it to you but the M series are all made by different manufactures for instance the M1 garand was made by was made by Springfield and i think the M14 was too but the M16 and M4 are made by colt.

I'm very aware of this. I was referring to modern M-series guns, like the M16, SAW etc. Should'v been more precise.

and the "weak ass" cartidge pretty much explodes inside the target this is a pic of one ( dont look if you have a weak tummy -REMOVED-

Seems you've shot yourself in the leg there, pal. You've just proven my point. It explodes inside humans, great if the target's not wearing bullet proof vests or isn't behind wood/any other physical object and/or material.

and the AK was made for long range give me the link where not only one reliable source says that

Mikhail Kalashnikov once said that he designed it for long range, because his squad got ambushed and they couldn't hit the enemy with the guns they had.

at 120 meters i can shoot tin cans with an AK 47 and its hard as shit at 160 meters i can shoot Xmas ordements and its still about as hard

Good for you.

and the M16 is made for spray'n'prey do you know what the distance is for a stranred fire fight is .....its about 100 meters no one is going to spray'n'prey at that range

Exactly. It's more of a sub-machinegun than an assault rifle. Weak bullets, low recoil, light weight. Great for going into buildings and shredding everything up, not so great in an actual battlefield.

and if that is the best in the video the AK can do..

No it's not. It was to demonstrate that the recoil is not that hard to handle when you have a correct stance and a bit of meat around your bones.

well in the war in Afghanistan there was a CIA investigation because they thought our soldiers were taking prisoners then executing them due to the high number of head shots the result of it was that it was just our boys in uniform defending ourselves from snipers

Aww, nice to know there are such fine young lads that believe everything the mainstream media says. Protip: It's all fucking lies.

You should probably take extra english classes, your grammar is terrible.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm

mikuli wrote:
ThisFrickinSite wrote:
it takes time for our body to take information from our senses. About 80 milliseconds, but height also plays into that a bit. so really, any bullet that can kill you in less than 80 milliseconds wont even be seen. you will just drop dead and never even feel, hear, or see it because your brain is stopped (assuming you died) before it can take information and process it.

Except that people tend to not die immediately from bullet wounds which do not disrupt brain matter - and even then, people have survived. Hell, there's this article about a kid surviving a three foot harpoon through his brain.

key words: kill in less than.

I'm just saying that if the beginning of their death ended in that time frame (which is absurdly small), you never knew it happened.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby lehma18 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Also, the guy in the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jklLEsR7qpE) is shooting blanks in the video

Shizzle, you're right.

Btw, i thought you left AoS.
lehma18

Postby ozone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 pm

lehma you did not give me the information i asked for i wanted some sources not "Mikhail Kalashnikov said this", and no i did not shoot my self in the leg if you have any idea what explodes means you would understand that it is far better than going straight through the body like a 7.62x39 often does and if you are against armored targets you have these things called FMJ (full metal jacket) ammo does great in terms of penatration and i dont know if you looked at ether the pic or any of the videos im assuming not because that is the one where you said i shot my self in the leg. and if the media lied to the U.S.A how come French, Irerish, British, Indian, Afghanistan Sudi Arabian and Greman media outlets have the same story?
im guessing your going to say they are all lying to
ozone

Postby ChaosTLW » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 pm

ozone wrote:
JoshuaConcon wrote:You people are so outdated.

i would say M16A4 vs AK74 saying as both are used as standard issue weapons the AK 12 is a possible replacement for the 74 if you are gonna throw the AK 12 in an argument i would say H&K 416 vs AK 12

The M16A4 can still be used to compare to the AK12, as the M16A4 is constantly getting upgraded and it's modification capability is amazing.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby mikuli » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 pm

lehma18 wrote:Btw, i thought you left AoS.

Chances are you guys will never get rid of me. I'm just not very active anymore, but I love nitpicking on firearms-related threads here.
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge