Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Hypocritical

Off-topic stuff!

Hypocritical

Postby HoboHob » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:30 am

We don't want people to post a topic when there is already a thread covering the topic subject, but we don't want them to revive dead topic.

But what if there is already a thread for the subject you want to talk about it but it is dead?

PARADOX
HoboHob

Re: Hypocritical

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:35 am

I noticed this flaw in the rules the very first day it was posted, and no it isn't a paradox, its a troubling situation where you have to decide if your going to look very nieve and not know how to handle dead threads or break a rule. i always thought that the admins would already know that general courtesy on almost any forums is to let threads that have been dead for a long time stay dead instead of becoming a spam topic of "Why the rooster would you revive this?" since that's almost always the end result.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Articsledder » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:45 am

At this point in time I don't think bumping any thread here would be bad. In 2-3 years, then yeah, bumping old threads would be bad.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Ultrayoshi49 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 am

My rule of thumb is if what you're bumping is going to continue conversation, the mods would understand.
[21:31] <+fLaMeOnCrack> Tell DE I'm sorry for insulting his greatness and if allowed, I would be happy to kiss his ass
Ultrayoshi49
Komrade Member

Return to The Lounge