Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Should I buy "Song of Ice and Fire"?

Off-topic stuff!

Should I buy "Song of Ice and Fire"?

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Lately I was thinking about buying the books from that series, but I'm not really sure if it is worth it. One friend of mine said I would get basically the same story from watching Game of Thrones(with much more nakedness, he added), but I don't know, adaptations from books are never as good as the books themselves. Another friend of mine said it is completely worth it, and now I'm divided. Here in Brazil the price tag is around 45~50 reais(around 25 US dollars) on most places I've seen, but in the internet I've found some sweet deals for 35 reais.
There is also the option to rent it but eh, I don't know, I would rather just buy them already.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Re: Should I buy "Song of Ice and Fire"?

Postby Ultrayoshi49 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 pm

I would say do it. Even crappy books can give you a good laugh at how shit they are.
[21:31] <+fLaMeOnCrack> Tell DE I'm sorry for insulting his greatness and if allowed, I would be happy to kiss his ass
Ultrayoshi49
Komrade Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Ultrayoshi49 wrote:I would say do it. Even crappy books can give you a good laugh at how shit they are.

Well, makes sense lol. Although reading the second book of Twilight gave me myopia(no, literally. I found out I had myopia on my right eye 2 days after I finished reading that... that... book)
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Venator » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Lol lets sue that deuce author
Venator
[SPQR] Member

Postby Yourself » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 pm

The Song of Ice and Fire series is hands down one of the best fantasy series ever. The books go into a lot more detail than the book and are even better than the TV show. It is true that the first season of the Game of Thrones TV series does not change much from the Game of Thrones book. However, there are many changes in the second season that are different from the events in A Clash of Kings. The entire series is excellent. Well worth the money.
I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.
Yourself

Return to The Lounge