Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Let the 9/11 spam begin!

Off-topic stuff!

Let the 9/11 spam begin!

Postby Habsburger » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:42 am

Hello , this is that time of the year , when all of the american people rally to ruin everyone's televisions and social network!

Why you might ask my fellow reader!

Because
Its
9/11!

And for some reason everyone gets obscessed with it as everyone has been doing for the last 11 years!
Wanna watch a nice documentary about ww1?

Nope , 9/11 documentary you've seen 11 times.
Wanna have a nice day on facebook?

Nope , everyone of your retard friends is "RIP 9/11 VICTIMS #YOLO."

Wanna watch a Just Cause 2 video in peace?

Nope , "rip 9/11" comments all over the chat.

Jews got over the holocaust.
Blacks got over slavery.
Why can't americans get over 9/11 , that was a tragedy indeed , but a lot less grave than others in history.

(This post is not meant to offend anyone that lost friends or relatives in that tragedy , this is a mere peaceful discussion with full civilized being. If you lost any relative or friend , i'm very sorry and i lament your loss.)
Ashamed to be brazilian , monarchist.
Habsburger

Re: Let the 9/11 spam begin!

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:49 am

Looks like you are a tad bit late, mate? Right here it is almost 11:00pm.

Eh, anyway, it is a pretty sad thing. None of the 3.000-or-so people in there deserved to die, for sure(well maybe the terrorists piloting the planes), but some people just over-do it. I mean, America bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki with some 500.000 deads and god-knows-how-many more that were damned with radiation even before they were born, they spilled napalm all over Vietnam like it was water, but nowadays few people in the USA(or in the world really) really take their time to remember it.

tl;dr it was a tragedy but not the only nor by far the worst, just the most recent/noticed by the media. Well it might have to do with it happening to americans...

it is my birthday anyway so lolololol
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Habsburger » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 am

ChaosTLW wrote:Looks like you are a tad bit late, mate? Right here it is almost 11:00pm.

Eh, anyway, it is a pretty sad thing. None of the 3.000-or-so people in there deserved to die, for sure(well maybe the terrorists piloting the planes), but some people just over-do it. I mean, America bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki with some 500.000 deads and god-knows-how-many more that were damned with radiation even before they were born, they spilled napalm all over Vietnam like it was water, but nowadays few people in the USA(or in the world really) really take their time to remember it.

tl;dr it was a tragedy but not the only nor by far the worst, just the most recent/noticed by the media. Well it might have to do with it happening to americans...

it is my birthday anyway so lolololol

Happy birthday!

Anyway i agree with you but it's kinda repetitive :\
Habsburger

Postby Habsburger » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:00 am

I'd rather have a mod to remove this before it turns into a scheissturm.
Habsburger

Postby SRL » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 am

Probably the best thing to do. Some people will act like they're a puddle of gas with a lit match in it. It's a sore subject for many Americans, especially those who lost loved ones. You do make a good point about all the other epidemics of war, like the A-Bombing of Japan and the torching of Vietnam. 9/11 just makes us happier about how we finally rid the world of Osama Bin Laden. I think he's sort of become a martyr now.
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby Valor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:58 am

Americans "Can't get over 9/11" because it was only 11 years ago, and there are many still alive today who lost loved ones.
WWII ended in like 1945? And that's like 66 years ago?
Then slavery was abolished in what the 1800's? And there is a whole Black history month.
Ace of Spade's resident Gay bar architect.

Valor
Bastion Warden

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 am

Valor wrote:Americans "Can't get over 9/11" because it was only 11 years ago, and there are many still alive today who lost loved ones.
WWII ended in like 1945? And that's like 66 years ago?
Then slavery was abolished in what the 1800's? And there is a whole Black history month.

Yes, there is also the time factor. It gets so remembered today because it is so recent and because it happened to americans.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby JoshuaConcon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:13 am

We should have anniversaries of the dictatorships America established around the world :3
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby Scipion » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Habsburger wrote:Jews got over the holocaust.
Blacks got over slavery.
Why can't americans get over 9/11 , that was a tragedy indeed , but a lot less grave than others in history.

(This post is not meant to offend anyone that lost friends or relatives in that tragedy , this is a mere peaceful discussion with full civilized being. If you lost any relative or friend , i'm very sorry and i lament your loss.)

the reason jews got over the holocaust and blacks got over salvery is how long its been. its only been 11 years and even our economy is still suffering from it. just give it time and then it will die off. (its expected to be 2040 or something when no body really celebrates 9/11 anymore).
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby danhezee » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Wanna have a nice day on facebook?

In facebook's defense there is never a nice day there.
danhezee
Site Admin

Postby Scipion » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:33 pm

ThisFrickinSite wrote:celebrates 9/11 anymore).

>celebrates
>wut?
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Carnage » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 pm

"It's kind of repetitive."

Don't you think it should be? Al-Queda performed a terrorist attack on America to make us strike back in fear and retreat, but it didn't. It made America stronger. As George W. Bush had said in his speech after the 9/11 attack "They can shake the foundations of our largest structures, but they cannot shake the foundations of America." When you say it's repetitive, it's supposed to be. The motto after 9/11 occurred was "Never forget." I'm pretty sure the Jews and slaves didn't say that when their tragedies struck.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby Tin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 pm

I think that Bush organised that attack so he can have exscuse and reason to attack Iraq, etc. They have a lot of oil and Lybia has a lot of water.

#Conspiracy Tin
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Leonzable » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:38 pm

I don't think you'd be over 9/11 if your family member was killed in it, though. So it's understandable
User was warned for this post
Leonzable

Next

Return to The Lounge