Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

~*~! I Find It Interesting !~*~

Off-topic stuff!

~*~! I Find It Interesting !~*~

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I was going to rant about how silly it looks When People Seem To Think Writing Like This looks more "important" or "serious" per se when creating threa titles, even global mods do it and I find it silly. Silly enough to create a thread about it.

Don't you just find it redundant when people say "~ <username here>" at the end of every "important" thread they create even though we can see their username perfectly fine above their avatars (if they have any)? Well I find that silly too.

Here are two examples:
Image - ~*~!Big Flashy Thread Titles With Interesting Little Signs And Shit. !~*~

And then there's this:
Image - We can see your name perfectly fine the first time buddy.

~ Doc

P.S. Fleischy is a dirty liar. Sham too. <3
Last edited by Doctor on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Re: ~*~! I Find It Interesting !~*~

Postby JoshuaConcon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:10 pm

I totally agree, it does look silly.
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Capitalizing the first letters of words in titles (save words such as and, the, or, etc.) is how you make a title, there's nothing new about this nor have I ever heard anyone complain about it.

As for signing your name at the end, yeah, that's just silly. I can see your name just fine on the left below your avatar.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:15 pm

It's just wrong.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Fleischgeruch » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Erhm well I personally respect every point said by the Doctor above and I must say have never seen such stunning intelligent points made in these forums in over 9 months.
-Fl... nvm

Now please don't finger me.
Last edited by Fleischgeruch on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Attention - User no longer active.
Supprising. Funny. Intidimating.
<+Enari> well, i've slept with 29 yearold that looks yunger
Fleischgeruch

Postby jojoestinky » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

I name my servers AOS-FORTRESS just for the "obnoxious" value. At first it was -=[AOS-FORTRESS]=- but that was too long.

Proper punctuation is important for awesome servers. The louder, and more distracting the name is, shows the better quality of the server.
jojoestinky
[C.H] Member

Postby Defaulter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 pm

I made the creation guide like that, in response to a person who said it was to much about Bastion and how I made it, rather then exploring other techniques. But I guess the joke has worn off, so I'll gladly remove that.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention~
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 pm

jojoestinky wrote:I name my servers AOS-FORTRESS just for the "obnoxious" value. At first it was -=[AOS-FORTRESS]=- but that was too long.

Proper punctuation is important for awesome servers. The louder, and more distracting the name is, shows the better quality of the server.

I should sue you for giving me false hopes, one does not simply offer x2 XP in an AoS server and gets away with it.

Defaulter wrote:I made the creation guide like that, in response to a person who said it was to much about Bastion and how I made it, rather then exploring other techniques. But I guess the joke has worn off, so I'll gladly remove that.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention~

Why you are welcome~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fleischgeruch wrote:Erhm well I personally respect every point said by the Doctor above and I must say have never seen such stunning intelligent points made in these forums in over 9 months.
-Fl... nvm

Now please don't finger me.

yes.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby danhezee » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Signing a post is nothing new. Doesnt bother me in the slightest. Capitalizing the first letter in a every word in a title is proper english. Adding weird symbols is weird but still doesnt bother me.
danhezee
Site Admin

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Your opinion is wrong.
For those who didn't get it, I wasn't being serious at all in this thread. I hope what I just told to dan makes it more obvious.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

~*~! I Am Answering This Thread !~*~

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 pm

I do indeed agree with you. ~~~

-CommieBuffalo
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby ugotpiez » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 am

Mmm, I agree with Booyo, it's proper English to capitalize every word in a title unless it's a conjunction. But I, too, find signing off your name at the end of the post is pretty annoying.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby Pavel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:19 am

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°I Have A Hard Time Reading Small Text°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

- Pavel
[18:05:37] <+mikuli> i'll never get over the fact that Doc is ex Bi
Pavel
Komrade Member

Postby Defaulter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:28 am

Welp, I'll bite.

I was brought up to be very formal when addressing a person or people that I didn't personally know. I used it in letters/emails and Cadet business. When looking for new work, or contacting the head office of my workplace etc.

So when I write a post that is directed at people[s] that I don't know, I like to be formal and so I sign it "- DE". It's me being respectful to the person[s] I'm addressing.

In all honesty, whether you like it or not is no consequence to me, and it really shouldn't be any of your concern. I know you can see my name anyway, and that you know it's me posting. But it's a formality and a sign of respect to those I am addressing.

Hope that cleared that up for you.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby Stranger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

I find those who don't use proper grammar on the Internet, tend to either 1. be very young and/or don't have English as their first language, or 2. lazy.

And signing names at the end is just etiquette when writing something like a clan creation guide. It shows professionalism in my opinion.

Lastly, the capitalisation of all the words in a thread title attracts attention. A cheap trick to be seen.
Image Image
http://mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google_gravity/ Try this out and you get magic powers!

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Next

Return to The Lounge