Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

~*~! I Find It Interesting !~*~

Off-topic stuff!

Re: ~*~! I Find It Interesting !~*~

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:21 am

Stranger wrote:And signing names at the end is just etiquette when writing something like a clan creation guide. It shows professionalism in my opinion.

Well, yeah, but it should be restricted to those situations where formality is necessarily. In an usual conversation or discussion it is really superfluous.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:29 am

Yeah, people that do this have never been a true anoyance, unless its like the incredibots forums (every thread has that shit in the groups section).

-ThisFrickinSite
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:36 am

Defaulter wrote:Welp, I'll bite.

I was brought up to be very formal when addressing a person or people that I didn't personally know. I used it in letters/emails and Cadet business. When looking for new work, or contacting the head office of my workplace etc.

So when I write a post that is directed at people[s] that I don't know, I like to be formal and so I sign it "- DE". It's me being respectful to the person[s] I'm addressing.

In all honesty, whether you like it or not is no consequence to me, and it really shouldn't be any of your concern. I know you can see my name anyway, and that you know it's me posting. But it's a formality and a sign of respect to those I am addressing.

Hope that cleared that up for you.

Defaulter got angry, relax bro there's no need to bite people.

~ Doc
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Stranger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:39 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
Stranger wrote:And signing names at the end is just etiquette when writing something like a clan creation guide. It shows professionalism in my opinion.

Well, yeah, but it should be restricted to those situations where formality is necessarily. In an usual conversation or discussion it is really superfluous.

Derp, I forgot to put that in.
Image Image
http://mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google_gravity/ Try this out and you get magic powers!

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Previous

Return to The Lounge