Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Minecraft Hardcore Survival Event

Off-topic stuff!

Re: Minecraft Hardcore Survival Event

Postby HoboHob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Agh, 3rd to die.

I had 3.5 hearts and got attacked by a skeleton and a zombie.
HoboHob

Postby Scipion » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Unfortunately can't attend. Good luck guys.
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby mcsixto95 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 pm

well, at least ill be able to definitely make it next time.
mcsixto95
Komrade Member

Postby HoboHob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Waiting for the next time so that I can maybe survive.

It was lag that killed me, seriously!
HoboHob

Postby Mariokillu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:34 am

Thanks to everyone for coming to play this first event. This event was basically a test run to see how events like this would go and it went better than originally planned. Stay tuned for updates for upcoming events.

Congratulations to the winner of the event, tGM. You win.... nothing... :D
Mariokillu

Postby PinkyConehead » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 am

Last I checked, tGM left when me, HotK, and him were alive, then you ended it... and said tGM one because he was the best geared up... I say team Grand Pig Claymen won. (A.K.A. HotK, me, and tGM) but say what you want... I don't care
DOUBLE RAINBOW!
PinkyConehead

Postby Mariokillu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:43 am

Since you are obviously effected by this, you will probably not be allowed to participate in future events and your spot on DeuceCraft will possibly be terminated.
Mariokillu

Postby PinkyConehead » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:46 am

^lol I already said I don't care, just wanted to put it on the forums so that people would know then leave xD
DOUBLE RAINBOW!
PinkyConehead

Postby ugotpiez » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:02 am

*hinthint* Next time don't only give out all the info on the mic, type it out as well, for the ones who can't understand you clearly, like me. Otherwise I wouldn't have missed it. ._.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:53 am

Mariokillu wrote:Since you are obviously effected by this, you will probably not be allowed to participate in future events and your spot on DeuceCraft will possibly be terminated.

What? Pinky was a valuable member of the team.

I am actually both surprised and sad that things were closed down prematurely after I left. The event was to 'reach the dragon', and you still had two participants who were well equipped, yet you cut them off. This just makes me wonder whether out of boredom you'll cut us off again in a future event. We spent a lot of time on that server - I even had full diamond, and I know I would've been very annoyed if I was still in the game, even with just 1 other person, and was cut off like that. They still had a chance to reach the goal and complete the purpose of the event, it's not up to you to be the judge of them.
Sure you "run the server so you can do whatever you want", but it's just slightly sad.

I also would like to hand on the winning of the event to the two remaining survivors PinkyConehead and HotKetchup.
While not as well equipped as me, they played more as a team and coordinated together, which is more important.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby HoboHob » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 pm

TheGrandmaster wrote:
Mariokillu wrote:Since you are obviously effected by this, you will probably not be allowed to participate in future events and your spot on DeuceCraft will possibly be terminated.

I am actually both surprised and sad that things were closed down prematurely after I left. The event was to 'reach the dragon', and you still had two participants who were well equipped, yet you cut them off. This just makes me wonder whether out of boredom you'll cut us off again in a future event. We spent a lot of time on that server - I even had full diamond, and I know I would've been very annoyed if I was still in the game, even with just 1 other person, and was cut off like that. They still had a chance to reach the goal and complete the purpose of the event, it's not up to you to be the judge of them.
Sure you "run the server so you can do whatever you want", but it's just slightly sad.

I also would like to hand on the winning of the event to the two remaining survivors PinkyConehead and HotKetchup.
While not as well equipped as me, they played more as a team and coordinated together, which is more important.

Don't listen to this guy, he's just a tea-drinking scone chomper
HoboHob

Postby danhezee » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Post Mortem:

Overall, I feel like the event was very successful. We did encounter a few issues. Like the plugin we used wouldn't allow late comers to join without starting over. And health didn't regenerate. No health regen leads to a very slow game. Going forward, we will wait a little longer to let the players file in and join the server. Definitely, going to have health regen and we will have a time frame to complete the mission.
danhezee
Site Admin

Postby Scipion » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:51 am

Do you think you can organize another one between 20th and 30th August?
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby HoboHob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Another thing, in the last match:
Armor > Tools

Because there was no regen.

Though I didn't actually get any armor because people used the iron so quick >_>
HoboHob

Postby Mariokillu » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:52 pm

TheGrandmaster wrote:

My favorite part is when you put the whole thing on me provided the fact that you probably don't care who actually decided the winner and who said to put the server down.

I smell a hypocrite.
Mariokillu

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge