Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Battlefield thread

Off-topic stuff!

Battlefield thread

Postby Bandage » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:16 am

Yes, I believe at least some of you have been played, or still play the quite popular Battlefield franchise. I, by myself, have been enjoying it pretty much over the years from the infamous Battlefield 2 'till the newest hit, Battlefield 3.
I think this game has taught me how much a simple effort for the teamworking aspect can increase your successfulness at near everything. Constant simple communicating with your buddies can even help your team dramatically to win the round of the game, as like today on our first match of Rush.
As in Battlefield 3, I love how much of points I can rack up just by helping the team up and going for the objective, not just by being a freaking killing machine.

Still, I personally think BF2 was the greatest from the whole franchise. They did a nice roundup with the new Frostbite 2 engine, with greatly increased graphics and a refreshed gameplay mechanics. But I still feel like it's trying to rather sell itself for the more casual growd than rather improve itself as a Battlefield game at these days. It's just sad, because I've seen many people turn back from the BF3 to BFBC2, meaby even BF2 because they got bored so surprisingly fast.

There has been a lot of rants in the forums, especially. Most of the people are ranting about reduced features which were a must check in the list for a sequel of BF2, including squads, which are for 4 max instead of 6, commo rose is still lacking every necessary command from the game, commanders didn't exist anymore, and most vanilla maps were too narrow and stupidly desinged for 64 player matches.

They say they quit playing game in about 30-60 hours of gameplay. I'm still running around at 10 hours of Battlefield 3, though so far it's still giving me good time every time I play it. I believe that constant playing can increase the possiblity to make the game feel boring even faster, so I'm (trying to) play it more like some now and then. Let's just see if it's ever going to break the limit of my mere 300 hours of Battlefield 2...

So, is there any other Battlefield people over here?
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Re: Battlefield thread

Postby Priok » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:24 am

I think I played some of the early ones a long time ago, but I don't really remember

The most recent one that I really like is BFBC2, I think that game is pretty great, it just has some small problems with it being a little jittery or something. I didn't really like the BF3 beta, I am not really sure why, but it just didn't feel the same to me. I might end up buying it sometime later, but it just didn't seem as fun as BFBC2, even though it's probably a huge upgrade. I need to play BFBC2 again, I haven't played it in a while.

I think one thing might be the hype, everybody was saying it would be so amazing, but I didn't really notice anything that great from it. One thing I like is all of the new stuff with the vehicles/tools you can use, that stuff looks fun.
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby PapaKhan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:32 am

I didn't really like the BF3 beta that much, but that was probably because I was tired of military shooters when I played it. I have BF1942, BF Vietnam, BF2, BF1943, BFBC2, and BFBC2 Vietnam. My favorites are both of the Vietnam ones. If there's one weapon I was good with, it would be the M16A2/M16A2 SA in BFBC2 with the VSS as a close second. Favorite vehicles are UAV in BFBC2 or the Japanese tank in BF1943.
PapaKhan

Postby 8thkill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 am

BF3 for PC?

I have it and i love it :3
8thkill

Postby Doctor » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 am

Battlefield 1942 PC counts? \o)

Because I just did a backflip with a jeep.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Bandage » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:03 pm

^ Hi five! *swack*
Last edited by Bandage on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Postby DarkDXZ » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Screw CoD!

BATTLEFIELD ALL THE WAY!

Not only the third, but 2142 was awesome as well!
At least, no one would call you a Battlefield Kid, which means this game is a bit more...Serious?
Also, better, because it's tactical (ie. you can use vehicles! WTF happened to vehicles in CoD?)

Players of BF are less dangerous for Ace of Spades as well. A minor fact.
"The last thing I want to do is to hurt you. But it's still on the list." - DarkDXZ
You found my secret signature line, damnit! Alright, Polaks are bad, I admit. But it's not their fault.
DarkDXZ

Postby 8thkill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Haha if any of you have BF3 for PC let me know. I'm looking for some peeps to squad up with :)
8thkill

Postby tunaspirit » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 pm

I owned everyone at Battlefield Play4Free during closed beta as a medic
now you pay too much for guns
pay 10 dollars per gun while you can get 100 for 50 dollars
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:04 am

My only experience with the Battlefield franchise is BF BC2 and BF3,mainly because my Father do not want to buy BF BC(because it is a "old game"),and my PC will explode if I even try to search for a download link to BF3,so I can only play with consoles.

I like that too.I remember another day,at Caspian Border,Rush,in the end of the game the top player in my team had only 2 kills and 12 deaths,but he destroyed most of the MCOMMS,and he kept throwing medkits and reviving when anyone got wounded,and thus had 4.500 points.Heh,he saved my ass,I got to 2%,behind cover,and that guy just run to me,throwed a medkit and then,when he was trying to get back,he died,but I got his Assault kit and revived him.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Return to The Lounge