Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

85 kill streak

Off-topic stuff!

Re: 85 kill streak

Postby gibbeth » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:05 am

USABxBOOYO wrote:The point I was trying to make is that /0 will ban everyone, so I used a random IP address.

And you're walking a thin line right now.

Lol okay.

I assume you thought the /0 was the subnet mask? not required for banning in games.

Personally I think you're the one who's walking a thin line. Your attitude really reflects poorly on this whole community.
gibbeth

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 am

gibbeth wrote:Personally I think you're the one who's walking a thin line. Your attitude really reflects poorly on this whole community.

gibbeth wrote:Your attitude really reflects poorly on this whole community.

gibbeth wrote:this whole community.

Nice 6 posts.
Hi I'm Reuben, I make YouTube videos sometime.
I also make music.
I lead {RoT} the best clan ever. PM me for IRC info to come chill with kool kidz.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Postby gibbeth » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:24 am

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
gibbeth wrote:Personally I think you're the one who's walking a thin line. Your attitude really reflects poorly on this whole community.

Nice 6 posts.

Please allow me to point out the numerous misconceptions in your post.

1) Your post limits the concept of "the community" to the forum. I disagree. The damage that moderators with poor impulse control can wreak extends to the entire nascent AoS game community, not just the forums. Especially when AoS is so early in its development.

2) Even if I were limiting the scope of my comment to the AoS forum, I can recognize immature moderators reflect badly on the forum community without being at the center of said community.

3) third and probably most misguided, that posts should be judged based on the post count of the user, rather than the content of the post.

Feel free to disagree though.
gibbeth

Postby Mic » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 am

gibbeth wrote:3) third and probably most misguided, that posts should be judged based on the post count of the user, rather than the content of the post.

Your posts are made up of you insulting a moderator and bragging about a killstreak.

<Mic> Sometimes, we get users that suddenly make me realize why the mIRC troutslap command was invented..
Mic

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 am

Okay, I apologize if I might have offended you with that first post. In truth, I've been wanting to use that picture on something for a while and I saw an opportunity. That doesn't excuse you from some of the things you've said, but I'm willing to look past that.

Now can you please stop with this?
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby gibbeth » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:47 am

Mic wrote:
gibbeth wrote:3) third and probably most misguided, that posts should be judged based on the post count of the user, rather than the content of the post.

Your posts are made up of you insulting a moderator and bragging about a killstreak.

Wonderful. Now we're judging my posts on their content. A step in the right direction.

As for "bragging", you're certainly free to view my video as that. Were you a little less antagonistic, you might view such videos as advertising for the game you clearly care about. Had I taken into consideration the fragile ego of the moderators, I never would have made such a video. I've removed it so as not to offend any others of your ilk. I sincerely apologize for thinking AoS staff would appreciate it.

As for "insulting" a moderator, you're correct. I should have never sunk to his level. furverts are people too.
Last edited by USABxBOOYO on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: User was warned for this post.
gibbeth

Postby gibbeth » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:51 am

USABxBOOYO wrote:Okay, I apologize if I might have offended you with that first post. In truth, I've been wanting to use that picture on something for a while and I saw an opportunity. That doesn't excuse you from some of the things you've said, but I'm willing to look past that.

Now can you please stop with this?

Apology accepted. Honestly though my feeling in the matter are close to irrelevant.

The people you should really be apologizing to are the entire forum.
gibbeth

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:57 am

gibbeth wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:

Nice 6 posts.

Please allow me to point out the numerous misconceptions in your post.

1) Your post limits the concept of "the community" to the forum. I disagree. The damage that moderators with poor impulse control can wreak extends to the entire nascent AoS game community, not just the forums. Especially when AoS is so early in its development.

2) Even if I were limiting the scope of my comment to the AoS forum, I can recognize immature moderators reflect badly on the forum community without being at the center of said community.

3) third and probably most misguided, that posts should be judged based on the post count of the user, rather than the content of the post.

Feel free to disagree though.

I was more pointing out that you seem to be new around here, as I've never seen you on the boards/IRC/in-game ever, and yet you seem to speak for the community.

And since all 6 posts seem to be either insulting Booyo or bragging about an airstrike, I'm just assuming you're gonna fit in just fine.
Hi I'm Reuben, I make YouTube videos sometime.
I also make music.
I lead {RoT} the best clan ever. PM me for IRC info to come chill with kool kidz.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Postby MegaDeuce » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:50 am

I had an airstrike once but somebody killed me before I could use it...

T-T
MegaDeuce

Postby Kodiak » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 am

u mad gibbeth?!?!?!?
^Click the eyes for the IRC^
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby gibbeth » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 am

Kodiak wrote:u mad gibbeth?!?!?!?

Mildly amused. You however seem pretty riled up, if your excessive punctuation is any indication. If you tell me what's making you angry, perhaps we can resolve it amicably.

ReubenMcHawk wrote: I was more pointing out that you seem to be new around here, as I've never seen you on the boards/IRC/in-game ever, and yet you seem to speak for the community.

You continue to believe I intend to speak for the community. You are mistaken.
gibbeth

Postby CptCrow » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Gibbeth, chill out and drink some tea. That is all.
CptCrow
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Lounge