Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Aloha servers

Show others what your server is about.

Re: Aloha servers

Postby CalenLoki » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 am

I've just played one of most awesome TOW matches. Each round took really long time, with both teams pushing enemy back and forth. Map was the one with a lot of huge food.

We started with "First battle for the South Dinner Plate" - most contested tents (4th and 5th for greens) were on opposite sides of it, and nearly all fight happened inside. Only noticeable player-made structures were gray wall at 3th green tent, (later changed by me to half-trench), and two long trenches at 4th and 5th green tents (sadly both made by me alone...)
Green master race won as usual.

Next battle was a lot less fun, far in the north. It took quite some time to beat blue peasants, but most of the time it was boring sniper fest (not too many structures around)

Third battle took place in the middle. That one was most intense. 4th and 3th tents switched sides every few minutes. Once blue scum managed to push us to last stand (green 1st and invisible tents were really far back, so lot's of walking), but we pushed them back. Their morale were broken - after quick brave attack we pushed them to their last tent. But because we never attacked this tent before, there were no fortifications helping us - our offensive stopped, and soon we fought for 4th and 5th tents again. After some time trenches were made, and we finally crushed them.

Fourth battle was "Second battle for South Dinner Plate". But this time greens attacked from north-east, not straight from east. because of previously made fortifications, blues never menaged to push us further than to 3/3. When I left (I have to wake up in 4 hours...) we fought for their last tent, but I fear that without proper builder, greens may not stand too long (when I joined to took map screenshot, it was 3/3 again).

First map shows last battle few minutes after I left
Second show:
fortification lines I've made (half-trench, usable only by greens),
"First battle for the South Dinner Plate"
"Sniper battle in the north"
"Battle for the Mid-Table"
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby izzy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:35 am

thanks for your suggestions, Danqazmlp.

you can always votekick an afk player or ask an admin to do it for you. i'm kind of against kicking afkers unless the server is full and they're gone for an extended period of time because it's nice having the freedom to go #1, grab a drink, answer a phone call, or the like without hassling to reconnect when you get back. generally most players don't go afk for more than a few minutes anyway, but i understand how annoying even one longtime afker can be for active players on the disadvantaged team. automatically kicking players who are idle for 5 or so minutes seems reasonable.

changing how command posts spawn gets into the game's mechanics; what's considered the ground and what should happen when blocks are placed above or below command posts? what's to stop a player from building a one-block tower under a command post that's in a forest? maybe it's just me but i think the sometimes awkward spawning makes for more interesting gameplay.

the map change trigger actually is 7 wins, the OP just hasn't been updated. like CalenLoki, i prefer the war-torn experience, which isn't possible when maps rotate too frequently. we should change the win and/or time limits if maps are still dragging on too long though. what about metropolis? remove or keep?

CalenLoki wrote:I've just played one of most awesome TOW matches. Each round took really long time, with both teams pushing enemy back and forth. Map was the one with a lot of huge food.

dang, sounds like i missed some fun rounds. makes me want to play TOW right now. doesn't surprise me waffles kept winning. :)
izzy
Site Admin

Postby CalenLoki » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:16 am

We lost TOW for yet another CTI server... what a shame :(

About metropolis - I'd change it to Hieseville and Market Garden for sub-urban warfare.

I'll think about your PM...
CalenLoki

Postby izzy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:01 am

would you think about my PM harder if TOW came back with hiesville and marketgarden? :P

we didn't lose TOW, the server is temporarily running CTF only to test the just released harbor2 map. TOW will return sometime tomorrow if not sooner.
izzy
Site Admin

Postby CalenLoki » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:18 am

I'll think harder if few days - ATM I'm going to the wild, so wouldn't be too much use for me :P

EDIT: And I dodn't go anywhere... I'll just think harder :P
CalenLoki

Postby CalenLoki » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 pm

New version, new bugs...

1. On babel, platform get's destroyed constantly - pretty much single bug that makes mod unplayable.

2. On TOW, capturing is somehow bugged - sometimes doesn't change the colour, sometimes it won't even start capturing. Additionally i've never spawned at other place than our second tent (even after we lost third or captured fourth)

3. squads in TOW is IMO one big bug, just like in any other server. You fight against enemy and bam! there are 5 of them. Yet to decide what is broken most: immersion, need for building roads, tactics, combat?

All that aside from .75 bugs of course.
CalenLoki

Postby Danqazmlp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:11 am

CalenLoki wrote:New version, new bugs...

1. On babel, platform get's destroyed constantly - pretty much single bug that makes mod unplayable.

2. On TOW, capturing is somehow bugged - sometimes doesn't change the colour, sometimes it won't even start capturing. Additionally i've never spawned at other place than our second tent (even after we lost third or captured fourth)

3. squads in TOW is IMO one big bug, just like in any other server. You fight against enemy and bam! there are 5 of them. Yet to decide what is broken most: immersion, need for building roads, tactics, combat?

All that aside from .75 bugs of course.

#2 has basically made TOW unplayable. At one point in a game played, this happened:
http://i41.tinypic.com/1ffwj6.png
From there the game just glitched up and neither team could capture tents.

#3, I'd prefer squads to simply be turned off, if it isn't already meant to be. They could make tow too easy.
Danqazmlp

Postby Foster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:00 pm

darn i wish i could play
someone banned me for spawn killing :(
it suckes i wish i knew i was not allowed to spawn kill
Foster

Postby izzy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 pm

thanks. babel is already fixed thanks to Yourself. TOW is broken right now but squads will be disabled when it's fixed.

Foster, spawn killing is part of the game so of course it's allowed. maybe you were just votekicked? tell me what your name was at the time so i can look into it.
izzy
Site Admin

Postby Foster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 pm

izzy wrote:thanks. babel is already fixed thanks to Yourself. TOW is broken right now but squads will be disabled when it's fixed.

Foster, spawn killing is part of the game so of course it's allowed. maybe you were just votekicked? tell me what your name was at the time so i can look into it.

My name WAS [DCAD]Joker3600
mine now is
[SOI]Joker3600
Foster

Postby Foster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Foster wrote:
izzy wrote:thanks. babel is already fixed thanks to Yourself. TOW is broken right now but squads will be disabled when it's fixed.

My name WAS [DCAD]Joker3600
mine now is
[SOI]Joker3600

Basicaly anything with Joker360 or 3600
Foster

Postby Foster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:15 pm

I'd like some of your scripts where can i get them?
Foster

Postby izzy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:36 am

TOW is fixed thanks to Triplefox and Yourself. the server is back up!

Foster, no one by that name is banned. try again, let me know if you still can't connect. you can find most of the scripts at http://code.google.com/p/pyspades/. browse through the source and clones.
izzy
Site Admin

Postby Foster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:05 am

izzy wrote:TOW is fixed thanks to Triplefox and Yourself. the server is back up!

Foster, no one by that name is banned. try again, let me know if you still can't connect. you can find most of the scripts at http://code.google.com/p/pyspades/. browse through the source and clones.

It just sits there right at the begining of the loding map screen, then it says server disconnect, kick, YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED. that is what it says.
Foster

Postby Foster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 am

Foster wrote:
izzy wrote:TOW is fixed thanks to Triplefox and Yourself. the server is back up!

It just sits there right at the begining of the loding map screen, then it says server disconnect, kick, YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED. that is what it says.

its kind of odd isnt it because ive gotten banned and it did not say that, Hack?, Glitch, Internet, i do not know
Foster

PreviousNext

Return to Server advertising