Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Goon Haven

Show others what your server is about.

Re: Goon Haven

Postby Articsledder » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 am

Any chance these could get hosted?

Goon assault 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?j9fbppfrepnyeov

Goon Jungle: http://www.mediafire.com/?raljtr6ajh7usx0
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby killerpenguin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Great server BUT:
I suggest you revise your moderator list. I was on GH3 today and a player came on (fellipe). Almost everyone on the server knew that he had aimbot and repeatedly tried to votekick him (including me, I was playing under the username "john_BENNENT"). However, USAB Potassium did nothing except mute one of these said players and cancel every single votekick attempt until about 5 minutes later another moderator banned fellipe. This has happened several other times to me in similar circumstances.

Other than that grievous issue, great server. I like the maps hosted and the players are for the most part pretty nice.
killerpenguin

Postby USABxBOOYO » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm

It's a bad idea to try and call Goon Haven admins out. So far nobody has done so without making a fool of themselves. I for one know that Potassium is a great admin. Plus, even if he did make this mistake, removing him from the admin position, which by the way is not an easy job to get, would be extreme in the utmost. Also, this should not have been posted here, rather under "Ace of Spades-Grievances/Server Problems" on www.goonhaven.org.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Potassium » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 am

killerpenguin wrote:Great server BUT:
I suggest you revise your moderator list. I was on GH3 today and a player came on (fellipe). Almost everyone on the server knew that he had aimbot and repeatedly tried to votekick him (including me, I was playing under the username "john_BENNENT"). However, USAB Potassium did nothing except mute one of these said players and cancel every single votekick attempt until about 5 minutes later another moderator banned fellipe. This has happened several other times to me in similar circumstances.

Other than that grievous issue, great server. I like the maps hosted and the players are for the most part pretty nice.

Because fellipe was accused of aimbotting, I was attempting to confirm that it was the case before permabanning. However, many players proceeded in starting votekicks. I remind you that I said it was being looked into and to 'hold on'. Votekicks are essentially 15 minute bans. An aimbotter is grounds for permaban. But, because I had to cancel every raised votekick, the server automatically kicked the player. For a day. Needless to say, now this probable aimbotter is free to terrorize the server come this time tomorrow. Another admin, not myself, muted a player because he/she was antagonizing me as I attempted to look further into the matter.
Welcome to the forums.
IGN: [USAB]showboat
Potassium
[USAB] Member

Postby killerpenguin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:12 am

Thanks for the explanation. Ingame it seemed like you were doing nothing, but now I understand. I'll keep this in mind.
killerpenguin

Postby Tocksman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:41 am

killerpenguin wrote:Thanks for the explanation. Ingame it seemed like you were doing nothing, but now I understand. I'll keep this in mind.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way. Sometimes it seems like admins aren't doing anything because, for the most part, admin actions (such as invisibility, teleport) are silent.
Tocksman

Postby killerpenguin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Tocksman wrote:Thanks for the feedback, by the way. Sometimes it seems like admins aren't doing anything because, for the most part, admin actions (such as invisibility, teleport) are silent.

Is that why the server always says it is at 31/32 but is full? Or is that a bug on my part, as it happens with most of the servers listed?
killerpenguin

Postby Tocksman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:25 am

killerpenguin wrote:
Tocksman wrote:Thanks for the feedback, by the way. Sometimes it seems like admins aren't doing anything because, for the most part, admin actions (such as invisibility, teleport) are silent.

Is that why the server always says it is at 31/32 but is full? Or is that a bug on my part, as it happens with most of the servers listed?

I'm pretty sure that's a bug or something.
Tocksman

Postby Enari » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 am

killerpenguin wrote:Is that why the server always says it is at 31/32 but is full? Or is that a bug on my part, as it happens with most of the servers listed?

That's because the players trying to connect and the people that haven't chosen a team still count as players, even if they are not listed
Enari

Postby killerpenguin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Enari wrote:That's because the players trying to connect and the people that haven't chosen a team still count as players, even if they are not listed

Thanks for the explanation.
killerpenguin

Postby atofu » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:48 pm

This Servers are pretty good :)
I am located in Germany but don't get a ping from over 120.
Code: Select all
â™›tofu KICKS ASSâ™›
☯So better keep yourself good Karma and DON'T Hack☯
 ~atofu~

ps. I am ninja so better watch out :p 
atofu

Postby TheGrandmaster » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:00 pm

I generally like the way GH is setup, good team and response and nice people to be around.

GH1 is good practise on a general level, forces you to build your own cover when going for an intel run, has its own unique gameplay not quite found on any other server.

GH2 is an alternative map Assault which allows water gameplay, this is slightly more varied and so tests another part of your playing ability.

GH3 has a few nice maps from tribes, however I would like to give feedback:
Please fix the spawn points. They face the wrong direction and are always in the same spot. This combined with squads make it very annoying to combat anyone reaching the spawn while you are off battling. Changing the orientation to towards the enemy base, and adding a couple more alternative spawn points would help to solve this problem.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby USABxBOOYO » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 pm

You have no idea how long I've been hounding Tocksman about the GH3 spawnpoints. He keeps saying that the people who made the map need to change them or something along the lines pf that.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby xEric » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:05 am

GH 1 : love it, Just hate the people who ban the legit players acusing them for aimbot.

GH 2 : ( Older map ) Love it. /miss it. ( New map ) love it because sometimes the blue has advantage and green sometimes does too. Usually on the green team because its an easy intel run. And Love to snipe people on that hill.

GH3 : Not my type of map. I only like deck 17 on there.

Suggestions. : I Like the older goon haven 2 map because some other people like it too. So maybe

Have the New Goon haven assault 2 ''Goon haven 4'' And the Older map goes back to ''Goon haven 2.''
Just my opinion.
Last edited by xEric on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back
xEric

Postby rambo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 am

i dont like hills so gh1 and 2 are my favs
rambo

PreviousNext

Return to Server advertising