Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Gamemode (pyspades) : Infiltration

Finished a script? Pop it in here.

Re: Gamemode (pyspades) : Infiltration

Postby Kalin » Tue May 01, 2012 3:17 am

I like the idea, but implementation is awful. Once green manages to make a tunnel for the intel, is completely impossible for blue to handle the overwhelming numbers and speed of green.

Just lost a game 86-100, we almost managed to win, but we couldn't cover all the holes green was making and at the same time kill them on the surface and rebuild the intel tower.
Self-Declared Eternal Emperor of My Room.
^The Official USAB Irc!
Kalin
[USAB] Member

Postby Paratrooper » Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 am

It seems that there are some maps where greens and blues have their fatal disadvantages.

If the Blue base is too small, greens could easily cover the castle and spawnkill each and every one of the blues.
If the Blue base is too big, blues can spawn behind and around the capping greens, nowhere in sight.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby TheGrandmaster » Tue May 01, 2012 7:27 am

Put the intel on a stick and maintain that stick :P Blue team always seems to not realise that tunnellers will eventually get to them.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Tek2 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:57 am

TheGrandmaster wrote:Put the intel on a stick and maintain that stick :P Blue team always seems to not realise that tunnellers will eventually get to them.

It's just too hard to maintain that stick (he he) when there's twice the amount of people shooting it with submachineguns.
Tek2

Postby AlexKirchu » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am

Ah, well today I played on a more populated server, this time on the Blue team, and it was actually quite fun and easy.

I think the case is this:

When there are <15 players on the server, Green has an advantage, as the Blues are simply outnumbered.

When there are >15 players on the server, Blue has an advantage, as there are probably now a sufficient number of Blues to provide defence, cover and repairing over the small area within and surrounding the castle/fort, as well as killing almost all incoming Greens (or maybe that's just me killing them all ;D)

I think I'm quite correct about that, so take my comment on for consideration.
My Mods: http://tinyurl.com/753jhup
More Teams Suggestion Thread: http://tinyurl.com/8xl89ry - Show your support, vote YES =D
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KirchuAlex253?feature=mhee
AlexKirchu

Postby Danqazmlp » Tue May 01, 2012 5:45 pm

AlexKirchu wrote:Ah, well today I played on a more populated server, this time on the Blue team, and it was actually quite fun and easy.

I think the case is this:

When there are <15 players on the server, Green has an advantage, as the Blues are simply outnumbered.

When there are >15 players on the server, Blue has an advantage, as there are probably now a sufficient number of Blues to provide defence, cover and repairing over the small area within and surrounding the castle/fort, as well as killing almost all incoming Greens (or maybe that's just me killing them all ;D)

I think I'm quite correct about that, so take my comment on for consideration.

Completely agree. Sometimes blue just get totally annihilated because there are just too many greens, but other times and on other maps when there are less greens, blues can normally hold their own.

However, I do think overall green has the advantage. When both teams are of equal skill, greens will win. Lowering the timer or the points gained would be nice.

As a side note, i think I ran into a bit of a score bug. I joined a game last night, scored 3-4 times and suddenly had 200+ points, yet had only gained around 20 kills. Nothing major, but was very odd.
Danqazmlp

Postby Fluttershy » Tue May 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Tek2 wrote:It's just too hard to maintain that stick (he he) when there's twice the amount of people shooting it with submachineguns.

spider towers seem to do fairly well in the games I build them in, assuming some jack ass doesnt grief them and Im actually able to build it.
Fluttershy

Postby Elsweyr » Thu May 03, 2012 3:37 am

I think every match i played since yesterday, the green has won simply diggin tunnels.. so i think the worst problem here are those damn tunnels! xD
you could do something to difficult digging, like solid blocks under the castle or at some points...
anything to prevent SO much digging! after some time the game turns into a digging game D:

**EDIT** oh and the game only get interesting when the server is FULL. if not the game is boring =/
Last edited by Elsweyr on Thu May 03, 2012 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tenso! xD
Elsweyr

Postby Paratrooper » Thu May 03, 2012 3:39 am

The Blues spawn right before I leave the castle.

May be a dynamic spawn timer for blues that slow down every time there's a green in Blue Base?
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Fluttershy » Thu May 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Paratrooper wrote:The Blues spawn right before I leave the castle.

May be a dynamic spawn timer for blues that slow down every time there's a green in Blue Base?

So essentially a permanent slowdown for blue? As if they arent crippled enough as it is.
Fluttershy

Postby Paratrooper » Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Still better than having the blue get spawnkilled.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Fluttershy » Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Paratrooper wrote:Still better than having the blue get spawnkilled.

Not at all. Theres always a green in blue base it seems, or under it. Because of that there would just about always be a delay for blue team (with no way to delay greens spawn), which is fucked up when you consider the fact that a blues death has more significance than a greens death. This in no way would deter spawn camping, and quite the contrary, itd make spawn camping much more of a valuable tactic. Hell, with no downside compared to now, you can both kill them AND force them out of play for an undisclosed amount of time longer. Green would have their cake and be able to eat it.
Fluttershy

Postby Paratrooper » Thu May 03, 2012 11:54 pm

I could argue that green deaths have more value than blue deaths since Blues could immediately spawn inside their base, ready to defend their intel again. Whereas greens have to walk up to the base again if they ever die.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Diggy » Fri May 04, 2012 3:21 am

to fix the tunnel problem, don't make god blocks. these disrupt flow, and also take away one of the most important parts of AoS which is engineering your assault. instead, make a few small rivers in between blue and green so that tunnels are exposed. think of the (under-used) map "four rivers" http://aceofspadeswiki.com/index.php?ti ... Rivers.png
I don't see why more people don't makes forts. even if not useful, they're a lot of fun
Diggy

Postby hindos » Fri May 04, 2012 3:27 am

Paratrooper wrote:I could argue that green deaths have more value than blue deaths since Blues could immediately spawn inside their base, ready to defend their intel again. Whereas greens have to walk up to the base again if they ever die.

But there are twice the amount of greens so it balances it out ;)
hindos

PreviousNext

Return to Script releases