Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Gamemode (pyspades) : Infiltration

Finished a script? Pop it in here.

Re: Gamemode (pyspades) : Infiltration

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 am

TheGrandmaster wrote:We are still working out the balancing of it all. I think we may make green's cap reward less - perhaps 8 instead of 10 caps and give blue 5 less seconds to get a point.

@hindos:
Blue receive 1 cap point every 30 seconds of the intel being stationary, it's how the game-mode works. They get points for the intel not moving while greens get points for capping.

That would make Blues sooo OP. Make Greens up to...12 points, that would be fair enough.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby hindos » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 am

kmaj wrote:IMHO greens are currently overpowered. Unless the blue are really good, they end up losing.

Challenges are fun :D
hindos

Postby TheGrandmaster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 am

It really depends on who is in-game. The other day blues were not doing great so I joined and stopped the infiltrators from touching it through various means (killing/building :P). They then pretty much caught up on the green score.
So I think blues need a slight boost in some way.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby hindos » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:30 am

TheGrandmaster wrote:It really depends on who is in-game. The other day blues were not doing great so I joined and stopped the infiltrators from touching it through various means (killing/building :P). They then pretty much caught up on the green score.
So I think blues need a slight boost in some way.

I think if they started off with better defenses that would make a nice difference ;)
hindos

Re: INF - balancing things out

Postby TheGrandmaster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Ok, bit of discussion wanted here..
At the moment it seems that blues lose alot, especially late game when all the tunnels catch up on them. It takes a couple of good players to make a team win with larger numbers.
Currently at Sham's, blues get a point every 20 seconds.

On my original thought, blues should be rewarded for keeping the intel still and secure rather than their points being a part of an elaborate countdown timer.

The question is: should we just decrease to 15 seconds, or should we increase and give more points for it. What values/time would you suggest?
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Defaulter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey,

I think reducing the time between each blue intel cap would be better then adding more points to the cap.

The problem is, late in the game because of all the tunnels, we just cant keep the intel secure for 30 secs most times,
So reducing it to 15secs, at least for a trail run would be worthwhile.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby Arctic » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Currently if the teams are about same skill level I feel that green will win. And teams almost never are even on skill level. Good blue team can surely hold the intel there for quite a bit, but

- even if intel tower is built, eventually the castle is full of holes and the castle may fall
- tunnels are so many that the small amount of blues can't fight the enemies off on the ground and below it
- spawnkilling just happens - when the castle is already full of holes and tunnels you have a high chance of dying within 3 seconds of your respawn

This means that something has to be done about the balance, and it doesn't necessarily have to be shorter cap time either.Adding more forward defences for blues would be a good idea, or minimizing the amount of directions green can attack from, for example make it so that it's harder to attack from sides etc

Spawn killing problem is especially present in the map where the castle is in middle and it's attacked from 4 directions. This leads to blue being completely annihilated from every possible direction and eventually the castle will fall granting green certain victory. 15 second cap time sounds good too tho, as it would force green to act quicker and not just wait till the castle is destroyed

Still the best gamemode out there!
Arctic

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Honestly, the times should stay. Now here is what I think should happen:

#1. Blues take points EVEN WHEN green has intel- It seems blues can take some time transporting the intel from blue's territory. Honestly, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't get points.

#2. Blues should have a, somewhat, god modified castle- It seems almost as the map goes up, the castle goes down. It's really the only defense the blues have, so why not help them out a bit? The whole thing doesn't need to be god blocked, but enough to keep it somewhat as it was.

#3. Spawning seems a little bit too fast, so it should be put down a bit- Three seconds isn't alot of time. With there being 3x as many greens, it'd be nice if the blues had the opportunity to atleast keep some of the enemies back. I mean, they're always being bombarded.

#4. Spawns- The blue spawn on the front of the castle, for instance, is terrible- *Blue Spawns* *Blue Dies* I think the spawns allow too little cover to even spawn and get into the action. As for that, it seems there are so little spawning places blue can spawn without getting instantly killed. Some positions outside of the walls, on the bottom of the stairs, and etc would be nice for some new spawns.

#5. Dirt nades- Now, first off, I'd like to say these would have to be modified. They'd just make a small, 2x2x2 box of some sort. These would be a great way to help block those running off with the intel. Lag can somewhat be horrendous, and so getting a shot while they keep moving can be pretty bad. An obstacle indeed. To keep spam, it'd be nice for someone to make them a killstreak of some sorts, to keep from spam.

#6. Day and night cycle- Everyone knows that blues can camouflage in the night. Why not help them out then? It'd make hiding and defending much easier. Instead of greens picking them off at the castle, blues could have an advantage and keep them at spawn. Not to mention, this'd be a fun little feature to add :)

Thats all I have for now. It's probably a bit messed up, or worded a bit weird, for I have somewhere to attend to. I may have more ideas later on.
Last edited by TheGeekZeke101 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby TheGrandmaster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:07 pm

The maps will hopefully get better as more people make them and edit them. Currently it's just me making them, and really trying to make them quickly so we have a few to choose from..
I think we'll try 15 seconds on the next restart - the respawn times have been made wave and 12 seconds, so a bit longer than before.
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby danhezee » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:20 pm

I have played about 5 or 6 rounds so far, and blue has won all but one. They even won with the majority of the mumble users on the green team.

Possible tweaks,

move the green spawn closer to the CP, right now they spawn so far behind their CP.

dynamic rebalancing of the teams after someone exits the server. In one game there were 6 blues and 8 greens.

dynamic blue point timer, the larger the team the longer they have to wait before scoring a point
danhezee
Site Admin

Postby Paratrooper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:35 pm

I played in Aloha, it seemed fairly balanced to me. We had a close call of 93-100.

Still, it seems as if Blues are still a tad bit OP.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Fluttershy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:58 pm

danhezee wrote:dynamic blue point timer, the larger the team the longer they have to wait before scoring a point

Why? It becomes harder to defend when theres more people.
Fluttershy

Postby LASTofS » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Been playing infiltration a lot with the folks on Mumble and it'd have to say it'll go on my list of favourite game modes. The tide seems to turn when the blues lose their castle/fortress or as tGM has said when "all the tunnels catch up on them".

Are there any thoughts on having the blue/green teams auto-balance after a certain period of time? When the defensive side has players jumping overboard, one by one the blues will ragequit.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby xXSlimeXx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 pm

It was so much fun playing this gamemode! Just wanted to keep on playing forever :P.
EDIT: 100 posts! WOOOO

^ Thanks Demo for the smexxi sig :)
xXSlimeXx

Postby AlexKirchu » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am

It was fun, I must say. Unfortunately I only got to play Green due to the auto-balance.

Paratrooper wrote:I played in Aloha, it seemed fairly balanced to me. We had a close call of 93-100.

Still, it seems as if Blues are still a tad bit OP.

You say Blue is OP? I assume you mean overpowered, as in they have an advantage.

I have to object to that. I know that I only played one match tonight, but I have to say that being Green, getting to the intel was dead easy.

I either:
-went behind their base
-went through a tunnel/dug

...which pretty much sums up what I have to do. Maybe I was just playing against some noobs, but I was capping the intel at a rate of probably 1 cap every 3 minutes. Something has to be done to make defending the intel better.

Also, having more greens that blues as an auto-balance seems weird. Maybe there could be more greens than blues, but at a close ratio, say 4:5, rather than 1:2 currently.

Alex~
My Mods: http://tinyurl.com/753jhup
More Teams Suggestion Thread: http://tinyurl.com/8xl89ry - Show your support, vote YES =D
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KirchuAlex253?feature=mhee
AlexKirchu

PreviousNext

Return to Script releases